[THRONE of THUNDER] - Tortos (4)

Strategies for ToT.
Cengo

Re: [THRONE of THUNDER] - Tortos (4)

Post by Cengo »

Kicking turtles process is a stressful task because of:

-The moving speed of turtles spinning around equal to running speed of the kicker. One has to always follow with an ideal distance, which is clearly a loss his own duty as dps. Here the speed increasing support like priest bubble (with right glyph or something) may come in handy.
-When turtle stops near a wall or a falling rock, where you have to position yourself behind it, it is hard to kick it again. There are times kicker needs to stand under the falling ceiling (in the blue circle) in order to kick the turtle in left few seconds. Died earlier 2 times because of that although. Once the turtle stopped just near the boss, and it felt like scoring a goal from corner shoot :)
-Learning Curve of course has a big impact. I even didn't know at what distance kick button is active. After changing to Arslan, we could whisper a few tricks in between, which might have slightly helped.
-Decision the best kick-ready turtle under the hectic environment of falling rocks, biting bats... One need to decide the best position and wait near the turtle until cast-time.

An idea could be to try kicking task on a healer. Hunter is a good option with movement perks, and dps is anyway terrible due to immediate changing targets, and distance in between.

At least some good 8 wipes of many all wipes was because of me. Sorry for that. But I can't say it was not fun :lol:

At some point stress was so high that I broke my keyboard yesterday to push the macroed-button in 1.2 sec left before the big boom. I confess that I might have punched the key rather than pushing it. That's why my pet attacked the boss prior to a pull, there, I was trying to fix the broken key :D

Another fun view was the melee jumping like mexican wave when spinning turtle went through them :lol:

Remembered the old wipe-fests of Easy. Repair bill costly but determined and full of fun.
"The beast does not feel pity or remorse or fear and it cannot be stopped unless killed"
Tan

Post by Tan »

Cengo wrote: At some point stress was so high that I broke my keyboard yesterday to push the macroed-button in 1.2 sec left before the big boom. I confess that I might have punched the key rather than pushing it. That's why my pet attacked the boss prior to a pull, there, I was trying to fix the broken key :D

Another fun view was the melee jumping like mexican wave when spinning turtle went through them :lol:
:lol:
ImageImage
Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/4sBTRwT and twitter: easyLB
Irukandzji&Timmy, Tan, JellyBelly, Aica, Aiola, Acai, Turritopsis
Sarri

Post by Sarri »

Cengo wrote:Another fun view was the melee jumping like mexican wave when spinning turtle went through them :lol:
Screenshot or it didnt happen :P :lol:
Sapros

Post by Sapros »

Cengo wrote:
At some point stress was so high that I broke my keyboard yesterday to push the macroed-button in 1.2 sec left before the big boom. I confess that I might have punched the key rather than pushing it. That's why my pet attacked the boss prior to a pull, there, I was trying to fix the broken key :D

Busted!
Vrugdush
Officer

Post by Vrugdush »

Rublupine wrote:Although not called for from a strat perspective we had Vrug and Alae tank swap just before the first bats, this gave Vrug a vengeance buff to hit moar DPS on that first pack. Worked well but can't be repeated through fight on a rotation.
We could continue swapping, if we can kill the bats slightly faster. It's probably not needed from a Vengeance perspective though, since after the first group of bats arrives, both tanks will be getting hit plenty. It might be nice for survival cooldowns though.

Both the boss and the bats are quite proficient at killing the tanks, but the boss is a lot less hectic to tank, and the damage spikes are a lot more predictable, so it might make sense to keep swapping on the bats and have both tanks save most of their personal cooldowns for them. DBM tells us when the next Snapping Bite from Tortos is coming, so ideally healers will be ready to top us up after, even if we only use our lesser survival abilities for it. Spike damage on the bats is more random, so having some extra personal cooldowns ready for that would be nice.

It will probably be a while before we can consistently kill the bats fast enough, however, so this is probably best left on the back burner for now.
Flexie

Post by Flexie »

Vrugdush wrote:
Rublupine wrote:Although not called for from a strat perspective we had Vrug and Alae tank swap just before the first bats, this gave Vrug a vengeance buff to hit moar DPS on that first pack. Worked well but can't be repeated through fight on a rotation.
We could continue swapping, if we can kill the bats slightly faster. It's probably not needed from a Vengeance perspective though, since after the first group of bats arrives, both tanks will be getting hit plenty. It might be nice for survival cooldowns though.

Both the boss and the bats are quite proficient at killing the tanks, but the boss is a lot less hectic to tank, and the damage spikes are a lot more predictable, so it might make sense to keep swapping on the bats and have both tanks save most of their personal cooldowns for them. DBM tells us when the next Snapping Bite from Tortos is coming, so ideally healers will be ready to top us up after, even if we only use our lesser survival abilities for it. Spike damage on the bats is more random, so having some extra personal cooldowns ready for that would be nice.

It will probably be a while before we can consistently kill the bats fast enough, however, so this is probably best left on the back burner for now.
From RL point of view I'd rather have you on the bats Vrug, reason being you do a lot more dps on them than Alaedon does, which in turns makes it easier to kill them in time and puts less stress on the healers.
Giruy

Post by Giruy »

Kicking Turtle Tips:

1. Disable most NON furious breath timers. the remainder of the warnings are just a distraction.
2. Ensure you have boss frames to monitor energy, regardless of the DBM timer, kick when it just about hits 100%, use best judgement if the turtle happens to be a distance away to account for travelling time.
Maths problem of the day:
If George is 73 and his girlfriend is 26,
How much money does George have?
Tan

Post by Tan »

Nice kicking G :)

We got 'm till 49% on our best try.
Changed position of Mdps to the other leg, seemed to help the view.
Other than that, i don't think we changed major stuff.
We got to the point though where we had a spare turtle that could be kicked into the bats.
Oh and Tortos defo needs a max of 8 Mdps, absolute maximum. Thanks for stepping out voluntarily Flex and Elu!
ImageImage
Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/4sBTRwT and twitter: easyLB
Irukandzji&Timmy, Tan, JellyBelly, Aica, Aiola, Acai, Turritopsis
Giruy

Post by Giruy »

1st turtle is still make or break it cant be emphasised enough that ranged cooldowns need to be kept for this.

Also, ranged should only ever be on the turtles or the boss (bar hunters for MD), we need to concentrate on getting the turtles down at all times for 3 reasons:

1. Spare turtles means they can be kicked into the bats for extra damage debuff.
2. Once all turtle's are down, focus switches to the boss until the next set of turtles.
3. Failure to keep the turtles under control means that as the fight progresses were spending more time in the air than dps'ing, this by default also makes kicking harder.

Additional tips:

When about to kick I could see the direction arrows but I was still too far away to kick and it wiped us, try and leave just one direction arrow distance.

Bar the first turtle, any that hug a wall should be left to come away from it to be killed, its almost impossible to kick in the right direction when up against the wall.
Maths problem of the day:
If George is 73 and his girlfriend is 26,
How much money does George have?
Erian
Raid Leader

Post by Erian »

You may know all of this ...

Tank suggestions for bats:
http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/127 ... -on-25-man

Pala heals:
http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/127 ... Holy-Pally

Use of turtles to help kill bats:
http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1271728-Tortos-25

What you get from Google (tortos healing):
http://www.yelp.co.uk/biz/healing-tortoise-seattle
Start every day off with a smile and get it over with.