[Throne of Thunder] - Durumu the Forgotten (7)

Strategies for ToT.
Nihil

Re: [Throne of Thunder] - Durumu the Forgotten

Post by Nihil »

10-minute enrage timer.

Normal Phase
- top the tank when he gets Arterial Cut
- tank swap at n stacks of Serious Wound [or remove it with Hand of Protection]
- Lingering Gaze should be dropped away from the raid [purple pools they spawn slow down and damage]
- run out of purple cone of Force of Will
- target of Life Drain gets stunned, step into the beam to share damage and prevent Durumu from healing - melee stay at maximum range!

Colorblind Phase [beams]
- watch out for adds when beams spawn.
- 3 beams: red, yellow, blue
- yellow cone moves on its own
- blue cone should not be moved from assigned place to avoid revealing the blue add (massive raid damage!)
- red cone should be moved by a player to unveil and kill three red adds. Do not move the cone off the add after revealing it!
- cones do shared damage - assigned groups should soak it by staying in the cone
- Durumu still casts Lingering Gaze and Life Drain in this phase.

Phase ends with killing three red adds.

Disintegration Beam Phase
- avoid the beam at all costs!
- follow a clear path through the maze (should be two of them, one in melee range, the other not)
- avoid leaving Lingering Gaze pools in the vicinity of chosen path
- Eye Sores (maze) start spawning on the side the beam will be moving to. Move to the spawnpoint of Sores before Beam activates.
Tan

Re: [Throne of Thunder] - Durumu the Forgotten (7)

Post by Tan »

Assigned beam grps:

Yellow cone: Rdps (moves by itself)
Red cone: Mdps
Blue cone: Healers (DONT MOVE)
ImageImage
Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/4sBTRwT and twitter: easyLB
Irukandzji&Timmy, Tan, JellyBelly, Aica, Aiola, Acai, Turritopsis
Erian
Raid Leader

Post by Erian »

Durumu the Forgotten

Healing Durumu the Forgotten

This fight is pretty easy, from a healing perspective, as long as people do what they are supposed to. During beam phase, most people are near the front, so it is easy to AOE heal them.

Tanks take a good deal of damage, so assign tank healers to keep them up and watch for tank swaps.

This fight will easily kill – or almost kill – many raiders who suffer from high latency or low FPS due to the maze mechanic, try and hot those players up and utilize healing tide, devo aura and spirit walker’s grace symbiosed Tranquility to attempt to keep them alive for the encounter.

Note: There was a silent hotfix and Divine Shield will no longer immune Eye Sore as of March 19-20.

Notes for Heroic:

Coming after more data is in from heroics.

Recommended number of healers:
25M Heroic – TBD
10M Heroic – TBD
25M Normal – 6-7 healers
10M Normal – 3 healers
Start every day off with a smile and get it over with.
Flexie

Post by Flexie »

Personal responsibility is the most important aspect of this fight, tunnel vision can and will wipe the raid.

Melee is more suited for the yellow beam, ranged for red. Reasoning: Positioning of adds sometimes makes melee hard to heal, ranged can stay centerish and still dps it down.
Closer path is worth exploring, the outside ones appears to be prone to nasty rng and gives people(especially healers) less time to do anything other than running. It would also simplify puddle placement.

Light spectrum phase survival guide:
If you get targeted by BLUE beam - run to blue raid marker and stay put.
If you get targeted by RED beam - run to red raid marker and start moving clockwise, stopping whenever dbm announces a crimson fog has been uncovered. The halfway point between the boss and the platform edge appears to give the best balance of speed and time to react if an add gets uncovered.
If you get targeted by YELLOW beam - Run to yellow raid marker and once the beam appears go back to your usual group.

Things DBM doesn't announce:
- Yellow beam carrier
- Force of Will if targeted at someone far away from you, even if the cone will hit you. Pay attention to your feet and melee/tanks need to stay at max range.
Rublupine

Post by Rublupine »

In prep for tonight, can someone confirm if we've settled on following the inner or outer ring on eye sore?

If we've not settled then my preference is for the raid to follow the outer ring. Reason is that there is more space to move on the outer ring (circumference of the circle is bigger) which should make that part more forgiving for anyone who suffers lag or frame rate spikes. I know we lose some Melee DPS opportunity, but would consider the survival of extra players into the next phase better than DPS during the this phase.

The corollary to this is that its going to affect the placement of the lingering gaze pools, by design we'll be dropping these in the inner section of the room (with some care as to whether they are landing in the Melee/tank space). For the braver souls amongst us that will mean trying to drop them under Durumu himself. The more drop there the simpler the fight becomes for us all. :)

Rubs.
Tan

Post by Tan »

We did only try the outer ring last time (except for tanks). The downside of the outer ring though is, that you really have to keep running, and fast. For healers this is a real struggle if you don't have insta heals.
We never tried the inner ring. Though it requires less and slower running, allowing some breathing space, and time to heal or cast.

The puddles were dropped right in the middle (where there is an outline on the floor). There it would be safe for both outer and inner ring runners.
ImageImage
Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/4sBTRwT and twitter: easyLB
Irukandzji&Timmy, Tan, JellyBelly, Aica, Aiola, Acai, Turritopsis
Rublupine

Post by Rublupine »

sounds like either route presents specific challenges and advantages. Any preference forming?
Nihil

Post by Nihil »

Maybe after trying the inner path there would be a preference :) I tried both, and I loved inner one more than the outer one. The inner one allows me to stop, dps a little, watch my feet carefully and i suppose is lag friendl-ier, while in the outer one if you slow down for a sec you might have trouble (I had, and with unholy dk I have 126% base speed).
Rublupine

Post by Rublupine »

Not a bad night. Went from wiping on the fog phase to 60% of the raid surviving the the eye sore phase. Absolutely no point trying inner circle, the path gets obscured by the boss. Outer circle is good though. Very clear and easy to follow. For most it was possible to DPS a move from there. Probably a bit suck for Melee.

Raid comp tonight was exceptionally ranged based (14 ranged). So the outer circle was a clear choice.

We might look at adding a 4th marker and splitting out the fogs into quadrants. This has two advantages. First. We get red and yellow split 180 degrees. Second, we assign two triangular sections to drop the purple aoe.

Purple aoe is not being dropped nicely. I put it down to tunnel vision on the pull. These RPPM trinkets all go off at the start and the DPS sparks up with everyone blowing CDs. I saw most the raid pushing 200k on the pull . More discipline needed. Sacrifice a little DPS t to beat the mechanic!

We can have players stand in pools to drop the purple, they just need to not stand in a pool straight when lingering gaze is cast on them. Alternative is stack tidy like the wind bombs in HOF. Again, placement trumps DPS. We need people to be held to account.

I /w some of us about dropping locations. Please keep an eye in DBM and handle the mechanic!

When running on eyesore people MUST use Healthstones, shields, personal saves.

From what I saw tonight. A lot of things happening. None of it hard. Exception is eyesore. I have sympathy for those with older PCs!

Happy hunting.

Rubs.