[Throne of Thunder] - Primordius (8)

Strategies for ToT.
Erian
Raid Leader

Re: [Throne of Thunder] - Primordius (8)

Post by Erian »

On the number of healers:

I spent until the end of heroism simply nuking the boss, without buffs. (Incidentally Cascade is great for dps here). Also, there is around 50% overhealing across the whole fight and mana seemed to be in control. Therefore it seems to me that 6H is a preferable set-up, depending on the quality of the healers, now that we know the fight better.
Start every day off with a smile and get it over with.
Fluttermouse

Post by Fluttermouse »

As dps you basically should get 3 full periods of mutation before the enrage hits if you're to do the dps necessary for the fight. This also means that for ranged you basically need to get mutated again as soon as possible after the buff drops each time, given that you land up waiting for melee to get out the way for most of the first minute of the fight. If you land up having to chase and kill more blobs because you can't see any puddles you're going to struggle and that tends to be the case if you're one of the last dps to get mutated each time.
Erian
Raid Leader

Post by Erian »

Erian wrote:On the number of healers:

I spent until the end of heroism simply nuking the boss, without buffs. (Incidentally Cascade is great for dps here). Also, there is around 50% overhealing across the whole fight and mana seemed to be in control. Therefore it seems to me that 6H is a preferable set-up, depending on the quality of the healers, now that we know the fight better.
6H last night worked fine, a bit tight on mana at the end. Note we also lacked Spriest by-product healing from Esti & Poli, although we did have Athinaa - we had all 3 for the first kill. (Athinaa, your contribution to healing is substantially below what we get from Estiva and Poli, maybe something to look at).

And again, the raid healers should focus on dps until the end of Heroism. It's a small but useful gain. (For Hpriest, dps chakra means you do OK damage and you don't use mana, and can switch chakra to aoe afterwards.)
Start every day off with a smile and get it over with.