[Throne of Thunder] - Primordius (8)

Strategies for ToT.
Tan

Re: [Throne of Thunder] - Primordius (8)

Post by Tan »

Quickie:

Stay SPREAD OUT to avoid splashing dmg.

Kill red slimes (Living Fluids), preferable further away from boss.
Stand in (5) red pools until mutated (2 mins.) -> DPS boss and avoid red&purple pools.
If too many bad debuffs (AMG I'M DYING), dispel all of it.

Mdps mutate first, focus on boss.
Rdps focus on killing slimes until mutated.

Kite boss away from slimes and avoid pools or he'll get more damaging special abilities.
(Purple pools move towards boss!! <>LFR)
Tank swap at +/- 5 Malformed Blood.
ImageImage
Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/4sBTRwT and twitter: easyLB
Irukandzji&Timmy, Tan, JellyBelly, Aica, Aiola, Acai, Turritopsis
Erian
Raid Leader

Post by Erian »

Primordius

Healing Primordius

Welcome to yet another fight with tricky dispels.

It is important to note that when you dispel a player, it will dispell all buffs and debuffs, including all the helpful ones.

Because there were so many negative and positive buffs, and sometimes even if a player had a negative debuff, the positive buffs outweighed the bad, we had raiders call if they wanted a dispel, then the healers would dispel.

Healers should let dps get the red puddles first, healing isn’t all that intensive until towards the end of the fight, and you don’t want to take a good buff from a dps who is trying to burn the boss. Or healers can make a point of running and grabbing a red puddle that is off on the edge that no one is going for. But healers should never fight a dps for a puddle, if a healer can get one, it is more of a perk. However, healers can team up to take down an add themselves for the buff.

Monks can use revival on this fight now (using it used to dispel everyone’s good buffs).

There has been a major hotfix to correct an issue that allowed some classes to dispel the negative bugs without causing the positive ones to be removed as well. The hotfix prevents warlocks (with Sear Magic and Singe Magic via Fel Imp) and Priests (Mass Dispel) from being able to remove the bad buffs while leaving the good.

Notes for Heroic:

This fight was hotfixed on heroic to account for guilds that were simply burning the boss without following the transform mechanics.

Due to the nature of this fight, healers should always get their buffs after the DPS, you want to have the DPS have as much uptime on the boss as possible, and healers shouldn’t “ninja” buffs before DPS.

Recommended number of healers:
25M Heroic – TBD
10M Heroic – TBD
25M Normal – 6-7 healers
10M Normal – 3 healers
Start every day off with a smile and get it over with.
Mehetabel

Post by Mehetabel »

we had raiders call if they wanted a dispel, then the healers would dispel.
I think is probably the way to go.
Erian
Raid Leader

Post by Erian »

Icy veins suggests no dispelling.
Giruy

Post by Giruy »

Points from tonight:

1. Need clarification on dispelling - 'it will dispell all buffs and debuffs', does this only mean the buffs gotten from the adds or does it also include raid buffs? I'm hoping the former.

2. Ranged calling for dispels - ranged have it easy here, if you got a bad buff that's just bad play, don't run through things and don't let things die under you.

3. Tanks have to give the red puddles a wide berth, you're leading melee around them so they don't stand in the puddles in error and get the bad debuffs. This fight should be good for melee if they're allowed to tunnel vision in on the boss.

4. 3 decent ranged DPS appears to be sufficient to kill the adds at a steady pace.

5. The 3 ranged on the adds should leave the red puddles until the boss dps get theirs. Much more important to get them on the boss as quick as possible.

6. Heroism can start once all the boss dps have their buff, no need to wait on the add dps.
Maths problem of the day:
If George is 73 and his girlfriend is 26,
How much money does George have?
Liria

Post by Liria »

The dispel works only on the buffs/debuffs gained from puddles. I believe it's because they count as magic effect and dispel doesn't differentiate between them, which is why we lose both.

I agree that we could have hero a few seconds earlier - by the time all the D have the mutation the melee who got it frst are already losing it, roughly right in the middle of hero.

G is makig a valid point, if the tanks are kiting well (and they did in later tries) melee should have no problems with avoiding debuffs, provided they stick really close to the boss. We all just need to be more aware of our buffs and, as always, stuff on the floor, and we should be fine.
Erian
Raid Leader

Post by Erian »

dispel removes buffs and debuffs

One more proper dps and it would have been a kill.
Vitki

Post by Vitki »

I'm afraid I didn't pay too much attention (since I was not tasked with that ;) ) to the changes made later in the night regarding killing the Living Fluids.

I do want to confirm that those changes worked. In those later tries it was much easier to find (and jump in :lol: ) the pools and get re-mutated (?) more quickly. :)
Rublupine

Post by Rublupine »

I could use some more details on last nights attempts.

How did we handle fluids? V's comment doesn't make sense to how I understand the mechanic. If you are not mutated you must Dps the fluids. If you are mutated you must DPS Primordious. No exceptions. (If not fully mutated you do 75% less dmg to Primordious so why bother)?

We shoul prioritise higher DPS players to be mutated earlier. This is not favouritism, its common sense. Not clear on logic in earlier posts about favouring Melee ?

Heroism shoul be used when we have the higher DPS players transformed. If that means a fewe people are still working on getting buffed, so be it.

No one should need to be dispelled. We should probably run a "no dispels" start to begin. This will get people in the mindset of avoiding the 6th pool. One or two rebuffs does not outweigh the 5 buffs. It's always better to accept a couple of rebuffs, wait for the buffs to drop off, then dispell. Dispelli g buffs should always be viewed as a terrible last resort. ;)

Who lead heals night? How was the raid dmg? How many healers shoul we plan for? I assume healers are not taking the fluid buff unless all DPS are mutated?

Did the off-tank focus on killing fluids (they have a dmg buff on fluids after the swap mechanic and should focus on this).

How was kiting? Any optimisations? Do movement buffs help here?

I'm excited for Dark Animus....