[Throne of Thunder] - Lei Shen (12)

Strategies for ToT.
Gladion

Re: [Throne of Thunder] - Lei Shen (12)

Post by Gladion »

Perhaps save solosoakers for those (and hope it's them who get it during those times), otherwise just stack always. But yes, rng is annoying. Double stuns+swirlies is pretty much raidwipe too.
In regione caecorum rex est luscus.
Bravebeard

Post by Bravebeard »

It felt like those tries when we had an extra healer the pain of having an "rng" add upp did not hurt so much. Perhaps having more healing helps people to stay alive? On the other hand maybe not...
Rublupine

Post by Rublupine »

Some comments from Lei Shen last night

Heroism

On Phase 2 we tried it on the last attempt but on the wrong pillar. If we're using a Hero tactic on Phase 2 it needs to be on Purple Pillar. The reason for this is that DPS time on Yellow/Red is about 30-40 secs, which means we clip some of the Hero with movement (worse on yellow as you have re positioning to factor after transition too). as we stay on Purple for duration (approx 2 mins) we guarantee up time.

Static Shock:

Still proving difficult for some. We're approaching an RNG scenario where players who 'get it' and then get it allow us to progress, those who don't kill us. Its Amber Shaper all over again. :(

The log for static shock is quite illustrative of where the pain points are. The report is pretty variable in general given the RNG regarding which platform sees the most Static Charges over the night, whether your dead when the Static Charge occurs, and how much your able to immune.

In terms of reading, you can see who takes the damage and the amount that was actually taken pre and post damage mitigation (Hits) vs the mitigated amount (absorbed), and the count of completely avoided (Misses).

Misses and Absorbs are the the important columns. Absorbs shows how much damage was mitigated (i.e. the damage reductions in place). Misses shows how much damage was wholly absorbed (i.e. immune/deaths[?]) and by type. The types are 'Ab' = Absorbed (which in this context is the count of the ability that was avoided) with 'Im' = Immunity, 'De' = Deflected, 'Mi' = Missed, 'Pa' = Parry, 'Re'=Reflected).

Taking Cronoes from last night. He took 23 Hits. His miss count was 2 with 1 immune, I take this to mean he used IceB successfully once and died once (solo soaked without a save). This leaves 21 hits he took which would have been soaked with a group. he should have used Ice Barrier to mitigate, He has 15 Absorbs listed so I read that as 15 Ice Barriers ou of 21. This is ok, room to improve

Taking myself. I took 18 Hits. My miss count was 5 with 6 immune, I take this to mean I used IceB successfully 6 times and that someone else tried to stack on one meaning it was not a wholly absorbed (someone would have died here). This leaves 12 hits I took which would have been soaked with a group. I used Ice Barrier to mitigate 7. This is also ok, room to improve.

So, if my reading is correct, the concern could be people with an Absorb in the misses Column that are lower than the specified miss type, because these are attempts to solo soak that seem to have tagged as group soaks leading to deaths? And, players with Absorbs in the Misses column without any Type as they must be dying? (not sure about Shadow priests as Dispersion is classed as an partial absorb but one which is a solo soak (because its a big damage reduction) ... Can anyone confirm or correct me on this interpretation?
Giruy

Post by Giruy »

Off tank on corners not covered by main tanks would be nice.

I've died numerous times tanking a big add when we've missed a swirly(s). Cant help but feel if strays do occur that having an off tank would have saved the corner.

As healing and DPS dont appear to be an issue, having Tanla heal and Vrug dps is probably not the best use of their talents in this fight.
Maths problem of the day:
If George is 73 and his girlfriend is 26,
How much money does George have?
Rublupine

Post by Rublupine »

Giruy wrote:As healing and DPS dont appear to be an issue, having Tanla heal and Vrug dps is probably not the best use of their talents in this fight.
Are you really advocating we take 4 tanks?
Giruy

Post by Giruy »

Just 1 added point, when soaking, make sure you run away from people to an edge and by edge I do mean edge.

Both myself and Adjoint stacked with Cronoes when he ran towards both of us and just far enough away from the edge to make us second guess so we stacked, he ice blocked 2 - 0 to the mage :D.

So pick a spot where its clear what your intentions are.
Giruy

Post by Giruy »

Rublupine wrote:
Giruy wrote:As healing and DPS dont appear to be an issue, having Tanla heal and Vrug dps is probably not the best use of their talents in this fight.
Are you really advocating we take 4 tanks?
Are you saying there's no way to off tank and dps at the same time?
Erian
Raid Leader

Post by Erian »

Giruy wrote:Off tank on corners not covered by main tanks would be nice.

I've died numerous times tanking a big add when we've missed a swirly(s). Cant help but feel if strays do occur that having an off tank would have saved the corner.

As healing and DPS dont appear to be an issue, having Tanla heal and Vrug dps is probably not the best use of their talents in this fight.
If dps isn't an issue, could you use a pet tank?
Start every day off with a smile and get it over with.
Giruy

Post by Giruy »

Erian wrote:
Giruy wrote:Off tank on corners not covered by main tanks would be nice.

If dps isn't an issue, could you use a pet tank?
Big adds would still kill a hunters pet, they do pack a punch. A lock pet could probably take it.
Lithasola

Post by Lithasola »

How about we take the 2 tanks completely out of the picture when it comes to platforms, we float one per half ie one takes north and east other takes south and west. If we see adds we pick them up and tank them near to some ranged classes to dps them down ?