[Throne of Thunder] - Lei Shen (12)

Strategies for ToT.
Alaedon

Re: [Throne of Thunder] - Lei Shen (12)

Postby Alaedon » Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:44 pm

I think the tacts that lith said is the best one .. at the second intermission all stack in mid and move only to soak swirls .. now for static shock at 2nd intermission we have 3 groups red,yellow and purple that mean 2 groups of 8 ppl and 1 of 99 .. if everyone is stack that mean 2.7M/8= 337.5k and 2.7M/9=300k without any damage reduce that most class have... our dps is very good as i remember when everyone is up we manage to over charge one pillar and the others 2 pillars only charged for one fusion.

Fagan

Postby Fagan » Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:48 pm

Right, I think Poli and Lith are right (in part). I think we are over complicating things to try and counter poor play.

I think we need to take a backwards step and start again from the beginning... with some fine tuning (Copied your post and adjusted/added a few bits Lith :)

Phase 1

Start East (diffusion chain) stack to 90% move to south > West stacking 70 – 75%, but NOT toNorth If extra time is needed, move to centre briefly and pop a raid save. We should have the dps to cope with this.

First Transition

All pillars will be at level 1. Spread in your assigned quadrant using the tactics we have already decided i.e. soak swirlies, stack for Static Shock (non soaker), Solo Soak Static Shock at edge, spread for diffusion chain. Remember always to immediately spread out again if you have stacked for an ability to minimise spawning of small adds (Diffused lightning). Boss will be picked up again and taken to the South Pillar (Overcharge).

Positioning during first transition:

These are the positions EVERYONE have to stick to (you too Vitki ;) ), you have enough space not to cause diffusion chain adds and can quickly and easily move to get swirlies and back to stack for overcharge/soak static. Move out of this area to solo soak static.

Phase 2

Tanking at South pillar (Overcharge) we want to overload this pillar so tanks face him towards the West Pillar but tank him in place for a total of 3 Fusion slashes, tanks taunt in rotation to allow debuff to drop off. On the 3rd Fusion slash move him to the West pillar (Bouncy balls). Tank the boss here for a total of 2 Fusion slashes then move to the North pillar for a total of 2 Fusion slashes. If dps cannot manage to get him to 30% before levelling up the North pillar you must move to the center (disconnecting him from the pillar) or wipe and try again.

We want North to be as low as possible for P2Trans

Second Transition

Energy levels are reset and remaining pillars are once again at level 1 except the South Pillar (overcharge) which should be at level 2 as we had to level it up once during phase 2. This time in each quadrant everyone stacks in the center. There is no reason to spread out as the Diffusion chain pillar is out of commission. If you are stacked in the center we can easily handle the x2 Overcharges we will probably get per quadrant as everyone will be stacked within 8yrds of one another. The only times we do not stack is to quickly run out and soak swirls then run back to center again as quickly as possible (this is the risky bit people must move fast but not so fast that they run back before the swirlies have landed).

So during the second transition EVERYONE stacks on the raid marker, unless to run for swirlies.

Phase 3

We now have a whole half a room to play with. The boss no longer uses the pillar abilities but uses Thunderstruck, Violent gale winds, summon ball lightning and Lightning whip. He also stacks a debuff on the tanks called Overwhelming power. Tanks must taunt off one another at 10 stacks. This is the burn phase, we need to pop heroism here and nuke the boss whilst avoiding all the nasty ground effects.

This tactic means that during P1Trans we will be taking 2,000,000 from static shock = Divided by 6 stackers = 333k, divided by 5 stackers = 400k So even if one person misses it, we should still cope. P2 Trans should be very easy as everyone will be stacked apart from briefly leaving to their areas to soak swirlies. Everyone should use any dmg reduction defensive CD's to help out, healthstones, etc.

Groups will me made up of a mix of soakers and non soakers and the one spare floater will be a tank, so they can pick up any adds and be ready for the boss if needed.
'Certainty of death. Small chance of success. What are we waiting for?'

Fagan

Postby Fagan » Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:49 pm

p.s. If this fails I do have ANOTHER tactic, so be warned!!
'Certainty of death. Small chance of success. What are we waiting for?'

Gladion

Postby Gladion » Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:52 pm

Shame that I can't be there tonight.. =(
ImageImage
In regione caecorum rex est luscus.

Rotkwa
Officer

Postby Rotkwa » Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:45 pm

Looks promising. Good luck tonight, guys.

Lithasola
Raid Leader

Postby Lithasola » Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:31 pm

Sounds like a plan Fagan !

Thank you Erian for the info on figures, theres so much info out there and I couldnt determine what was right and what was wrong, wether the energy did actually affect the damage output or if it was only the level. I understand the reasoning for wanting to get static shock out of the picture but it just didnt seem to be working the last few raids where as we had gotten further with the simpler tactic. Static shock using the tactic Fagan has adapted from my suggestion is going to hurt us most on the first intermission where we have grps of 6 sharing the baseline lvl 2 dmg (2mil I think you said ?) on the second intermission it should be a lot easier with more people to stack.

WoWpedia really confused me, this is on their site - http://www.wowpedia.org/Lei_Shen_(tactics)
North Conduit: Static Shock — Lei Shen charges the target with static electricity which causes a Static Shock after 8 sec. Static Shock inflicts 1,000,000 Nature damage divided among all players within 8 yards. As the level of the Static Electricity Conduit increases, the number of targets Lei Shen afflicts with Static Shock will also increase.

According to other sources it doesnt affect more targets just increases the damage shared.....

It really is going to come down to how fast we can nuke him down to get to the first intermission (avoiding charging up the Static shock) and people doing thier damndest to survive the first intermission where we are taking the most damage from static shock. I cant stress enough how important it is peeps to use your cooldowns correctly, to check the level your health is at when your stacking to help soak a static shock. If you have the ability to top yourself off and absorb/reduce some damage then do it, dont just expect the healers to have everyone instantly topped after each ability has come out.

@ Glad - you'll be there in spirit buddy you know I'll miss your good luck hugs.

Lithasola
Raid Leader

Postby Lithasola » Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:35 am

Phase 2

Tanking at South pillar (Overcharge) we want to overload this pillar so tanks face him towards the West Pillar but tank him in place for a total of 3 Fusion slashes, tanks taunt in rotation to allow debuff to drop off. On the 3rd Fusion slash move him to the West pillar (Bouncy balls). Tank the boss here for a total of 2 Fusion slashes then move to the North pillar for a total of 2 Fusion slashes. If dps cannot manage to get him to 30% before levelling up the North pillar you must move to the center (disconnecting him from the pillar) or wipe and try again.

We want North to be as low as possible for P2Trans

Right this bit needs some work !

Where are we at energy wise with the fusion slashes here, I think by the time we had a third fusion slash on yellow he had disconnected from the pillar as it had leveled up twice fully. we need to keep an eye on this, we can let it max out np but we dont want to be caught with our pants down standing by this pillar when he disconnects from it the time taken to get him from here to the next one whilst he is doing the raid wide AoE will just kill us. So we level it up as many times as we can and on the level before he disconnects we move him to the maximum of his range to this pillar in the direction we want to go. the as it goes to max we hot foot it asap with ther boss to the next pillar.

We tried doing 2 fusion slashes (this leveled each pillar up once through energy and then it levels up again automatically at intermission) on each of the next pillars and I think it was too much for us ? this is when we decided to pop heroism so we didnt add a level to the last 2 pillars meaning they were both at level 2 (or is it 3 they are automatically at 1 ? or do they start at 0 ?) plus whatever energy we had stacked on them during phase 2. This seemed to work for us but once again people started dying to mistakes on the intermission. I think we were so surprised to get to that second intermission we all forgot what we were supposed to do lol. Many people forgot to stack which caused people in thier grps and in other quadrants to get hit with the overcharge stun because they werent in the center of thier own quadrant, this ofc meant that people were stunned when the bouncing balls appeared and then we got overwhelmed with adds.

I think with some practice we can get this second intermission phase nailed, then it just remains to be seen if we can burn the boss down in phase 3 without the aid of heroism.

GizmoDK

Postby GizmoDK » Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:43 pm

Well, that and people using pots correctly :P

Alaedon

Postby Alaedon » Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:06 pm

GizmoDK wrote: people using pots correctly

what do you mean ??! 8-) 8-)

Tan
Officer

Postby Tan » Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:50 pm

Last recap:

for the phase after first intermission:

start on yellow with Hero (stack up on time for 2 Overcharges)
get thrown on 2nd FS to red
get thrown on 1st FS to pink
get thrown on 2nd FS to centre (did we get that far?)

WIN
Image Image
Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/4sBTRwT and twitter: easyLB
Irukandzji&Timmy, Tan, Aica, Aiola, Acai, Turritopsis

Return to “Throne of Thunder”