[THRONE of THUNDER] - Jin'rokh (1) HEROIC

Strategies for ToT.
Fagan

[THRONE of THUNDER] - Jin'rokh (1) HEROIC

Post by Fagan »

Looks to be a pretty straight forward fight with only 2 new things to deal with.

http://www.icy-veins.com/jin-rokh-the-b ... rategy-wow HC info at the bottom

Or here:
The Heroic mode of the Jin'rokh the Breaker encounter presents only two changes from Normal mode, so the fight will feel very similar overall.

10.1. Differences from Normal Mode
In addition to Jin'rokh dealing increased damage and having increased health, there are two important new mechanics in the fight.

Ionization: Ionization is a debuff that Jin'rokh applies on all raid members, except tanks, one minute after the fight starts, and every 90 seconds after that. The debuff lasts 24 seconds, and it can be dispelled. While active, the debuff does not do anything, but when it wears off or is dispelled, it causes the affected player anyone within 8 yards of them to take a very high amount of Nature damage. If the debuff wears off while that player is in a Conductive Water void zone, every other player in the Conductive Water will take a very high amount of Nature damage.
Lightning Strike: Lightning Strike is cast at the start of each Lightning Storm, and lasts for the same duration as the Lightning Storm. Several beams of lightning hit the ground, and from each of these beams, 4 small sparks of lightning move out in 4 directions, travelling along the floor. Coming in contact with the beams, at their point of impact, or with any of the resulting sparks, deals a high amount of Nature damage.

10.3. Strategy
The strategy for the Heroic mode is very similar to the one from Normal mode. There are only two small modifications.

10.3.1. Dealing with Ionization
Whenever Ionization is cast, every single one of the affected raid members must make sure that the removal of the debuff occurs in safe conditions. That means that they must not have any other players within 8 yards of them, and that they must not be in the Conductive Water void zone. Moreover, they must make sure that they have enough health to survive the damage (which will hit for around 300,000 damage or more).

Players should spread out a few seconds before the Ionization goes out, and any players who are safe (away from other raid members and topped off) should be dispelled. Then, healers can dispel players progressively over the next 24 seconds, and players who have had their debuff dispelled can move back into Conductive Water.

Immunities such as Cloak of Shadows, Ice Blockk, and Divine Shield work to remove the debuff without harming the affected player, but the proximity damage will still be dealt. However, if these immunities are up at the time when Ionization is applied, the debuff is not applied at all to these players. As such, players with available immunities should use them right before Ionization is cast. Furthermore, players who are capable of dispelling themselves while making sure to survive the damage (such as through the use of powerful defensive cooldowns) should do so.

10.3.2. Dealing with Lightning Strike
The implication of Lightning Strike is simply that stacking during Lightning Storm is no longer possible, as everyone will have to move around (or dance) to avoid the sparks from Lightning Strike.

There is really no tip or secret that we can share regarding this task, and everyone's own awareness and ability to move will come into play.
From the look of the Method video they split into ranged/melee groups and avoided them as a group

Simple guide Vid

Method V Jin HC 25: Worth a watch to see movement on new abilities. They almost screw it at the end.
'Certainty of death. Small chance of success. What are we waiting for?'

politrika

Re: [THRONE of THUNDER] - Jin'rokh (1) HEROIC

Post by politrika »

Sounds simple enough, but this gets me worried when dealing with lightning strike:

"There is really no tip or secret that we can share regarding this task, and everyone's own awareness and ability to move will come into play."
GizmoDK

Post by GizmoDK »

politrika wrote:Sounds simple enough, but this gets me worried when dealing with lightning strike:

"There is really no tip or secret that we can share regarding this task, and everyone's own awareness and ability to move will come into play."
Easy's doomed! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Fagan

Post by Fagan »

After the wake up call that was Lei Shen, hopefully we won't slump back into our bad habits. ;)
'Certainty of death. Small chance of success. What are we waiting for?'

Giruy

Post by Giruy »

TellMeWhen Ionization import string: Set to group 7 for me, remember to change if need be.

^1^T^SPoint^T ^Sy^F7408188575491976 ^f-48^Sx ^F-7327768733452292^f-47 ^Spoint^SBOTTOM ^SrelativePoint^SBOTTOM ^t^SScale^F7793034285937360 ^f-51^SEnabled ^B^SColumns ^N1^SIcons ^T^N1^T ^SBuffOrDebuff^SEITHER ^SType^Sbuff ^SName^SIonization ^SShowTimerTextnoOCC^B ^SClockGCD^B ^SCustomTex^S138733 ^SShowTimer^B ^SEnabled^B ^t^t^SLBF^T ^SGloss^N1 ^SColors^T ^t^SBackdrop^B ^SSkinID^SSleek ^t^t^N62102^S~`~| ^Sgroup^N7 ^^
Maths problem of the day:
If George is 73 and his girlfriend is 26,
How much money does George have?
Rublupine

Post by Rublupine »

For those wanting to see the Ionisation stats, they're here:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/54i3 ... ll/138743/

Some excellent play in here (Mymum, Celee, Gryff, Pan, Gld, Eti, and Moth didn't cause any damage because of it). I on the other hand was second top for causing the damage. Very sincere apologies, it does seem I was reapplying the debuff by using Alter Time, after I changed my use of AT to after Ionization I magically stopped having the debuff!

If your in the top 5-10 like me, have a read on the mechanic, check some class forums for how you can handle this, etc. It feels very very doable.

As Fagan says, one person will wipe us on this mechanic, DPS is second to handling the mechanic correctly.

/Salute.
Kharybdis

Post by Kharybdis »

Wrong monk, Rub... wrong monk...

Our virtues and our failings are inseparable, like force and matter. When they separate, man is no more.

Prepare for the worst and dare the universe to disappoint you
Rublupine

Post by Rublupine »

Sorry K, corrected!
Firik

Post by Firik »

I would like to point out that the only time I caused to damage to anyone was when said person didn't pay any attention to where they were running as the debuff ended, there goes my perfect record.

Firik
Celee

Post by Celee »

Think that was me Firik. Im sorry bud ;)