[BWD] Omnitron Defense System

Blackwing's Descent, Throne of the Four Winds, Bastion of Twilight.
Sleetza

[BWD] Omnitron Defense System

Post by Sleetza »

Hi guys,

I decided to compile some information about the fight. Partially to help myself getting the hang of the fight, partially to make our learning curve steeper because I believe this encounter is all about coordination and we should be able to complete this fight with the current gearlevel. I'll try to make this strategy so short and straightforward as possible. If you want an extended overview of bosses abilities etc. there is alot on WoWhead and other sources. This guide contains the basics to complete this fight on normal mode. Note: This is merely my vision on this fight, not the only nor the best way to complete it.

Omnitron Defense System is a council-like fight with four bosses, Magmatron Electron Toxitron and Arcanotron, with a shared healthpool of 60mil on 10man and 100mil on 25man. Every boss has different abilities who are fairly similar (each boss has some sort of barrier, AoE and single target attack). The fight starts simple with only one of them active.

Each boss starts with 100 energy. This energy slowly drops. When at 50 energy the next boss becomes targetable, which one it is will be announced by a beam going towards it. When a boss reaches 45 energy he will use his barrier-skill. No dps should be done when his shield is up (which is when the boss has anywhere from 45 to 25 energy) including tanks dps. When the energy of the third spawned boss reaches 50 the first one will turn to stone and become unattackable.

Notes to all raidmembers (M for Magmatron, E for Electron, T for Toxitron and A for Arcanotron):

*E: When you are targetted with Electrical Discharge move away from the raid, you will deal damage to close allies. Electrical Discharge looks like sparkling electricity on your character and will be announced by DBM.
*E: Lightning Conductor should be treated the same as Electrical Discharge. It looks like Elemental Shamans Thunderstorm and the player targetted should move out of the raid and raidmembers should move away from this player as it deals damage to everybody in range.
*T: When you are targetted by one of the summoned oozes, make sure they do not reach you. They will explode if they reach their target and should be killed ASAP. Oozes can and should be slowed as well but can not be stunned.
*T: Targets a random raidmember with Chemical Bomb. This player will drop a 25yard poison cloud which increases damage taken by 50%. It is easy to avoid and works on bosses as well.
*M: When it says Acquiring Target it will focus a red beam to a random raidmember. After 5 seconds a pillar of flame is shot at the target, hitting everything on its way with a 4 second dot. Feign Death, Iceblock etc. will negate the effect.
*M: Casts Incineration Security Measure: A raidwide AoE what needs to be healed through because it can not be avoided. Be sure to be in range of healers and not combine this with any bad things like poison clouds because that makes it very hard to heal through. Healing cooldowns, like Holy Radiance for paladins, should be used during this ability.
*A: Casts Arcane Anihilator on a random raidmember and deals pretty straight forward damage. This attack should be interrupted as much as possible and can be pretty dangerous when targetted at a tank.
*A: Casts Power Generator. Its similar to the poison cloud but increases damage done and also regens mana. Works on bosses as well. Creates a blue galaxy-looking whirling puddle on the ground.
*Do not attack shielded targets, this includes tanks. If too many damage is dealt to Magmatron or Electron he does ALOT raiddamage. Damaging Toxitron when his shield is up gives you a stackable dot and damaging Arcanotron when his shield is up increases his damage done and decreases his casttime of Arcane Anihilator what makes it harder to interrupt.

Notes for tanks:

*Channeled beams announce which boss will become attackable next.
*The first 30seconds or so the OT can dps the only active boss.
*Tank the bosses apart from eachother to avoid damage on shielded bosses by cleaves/multiple target attacks.
*If possible drag a boss in a poisoncloud (But be sure to not tank them too close to eachother)
*Drag the bosses out of Power Generator ASAP.
*Do not dps shielded bosses while tanking them (this includes autoattacking). The raids dpsers should switch target when the new boss spawns to avoid dpssing him with active shields, but tanks have till 45 energy to attack and use selfhealing abilities etc. (think paladins Word of Glory which requires Holy Power). This is especially true for Toxitron and Arcanotron, Magmatron and Electon have some room for error here.
*It might be worth to switch the tank who has most interrupts to Arcanotron so he can interrupt Arcane Anihilator and all dps can be truly functional. A ranged dps being able to silence focus-targets could have the same effect tho.

Notes for healers:

*Magmatrons Incineration Security Measure is alot raidwide damage, cooldowns should be available during this attack.
*Keep an eye out on raidmembers targetted with Lightning Conductor (Electron), Acquiring Target/Flamethrower (Magmatron) and people who accidentally attacked Toxitron while shielded (they'll get a stacking dot).
*Stand in Power Generator when possible (range) for mana regen.

Additional notes:

*There are different good times for heroism E.G. when all dps can get in Power Generator or a boss is tanked in a poisoncloud.
*Oozes summoned by Toxitron should be slowed.

Hope that summs it up for quick reference. After reading this you should be able to see exactly whats going on in the fight, watching the encounter on youtube helps alot to recognize the "fire" you need to move out of.

Lets kill them next reset :twisted:

Sources:
Tankspot
WoWhead
YouTube
Last edited by Sleetza on Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Starwind

Re: [BWD] Omnitron Defense System

Post by Starwind »

A small vid to go with that.

Garfunkle

Post by Garfunkle »

Don't suppose anybody recorded a log from the run of the 27th December? I thought about it after the raid (silly squid). Would like to have seen the numbers for what actually killed people.

Overall I think this fight is imminently doable. Our biggest concern is everyone, and this includes me, learning what abilities are causing the problems.

From a healing perspective I still felt we were possibly losing too many people to both the toxic adds and the Arcane Annihilator.

The adds just need a lot more awareness from everyone and for the ranged dps to help nuke everyone's adds down. They frequently target tanks and healers who normally have their hands full on other matters.

The Arcane Annihilator is a concern, but one that can hopefully be dealt with. The only time it was killing people outright was when the boss was standing in the puddle and/or had his stacking buff. I think that an enhancement or elemental shaman on Arcanatron whilst he is active and would be best. I struggled to keep interrupts up and focus on healing. another shaman has a 6s cooldown and can purge the buff off of the boss when needed during his shielded phase. Yes, this does mean that raider will effectively be out of the picture for one active construct out of 4, but the damage reduction will be far greater. Healers won't /oom so quick and that = win = lootz.

Another minor point. The Acquiring Target ability...it's not hard to miss but everyone needs to react I think. The person who is targeted should run to the back of the room where the constructs start. Although the ability only targets one person anyone caught by it will take damage too, and it does a lot of damage. Having a priest shield the target would probably help a lot too, Snowpea was probably doing this last night but so much is happening at once I couldn't tell.

Anyway, my 2c on the fight.
Garfunkle has been slain by a Chubby Purple Unicorn.
Syrah

Post by Syrah »

Magmatron
Acquiring target
The person who is targeted should run to the back of the room where the constructs start. Although the ability only targets one person anyone caught by it will take damage too, and it does a lot of damage.
You only get caught by "it" (a single red fire beam) if you are standing between Magmatron and the targeted person. No point running to the back of the room if you are targeted, you just need to make sure none else is standing between the person targeted and Magmatron. Big heals on the targeted person, they should also use a hs or any defensive cds they have.

Electron
Lightning Conductor

This is the one where you have to run away from raid.
"a debuff on one target that hits all nearby raid members for big damage. If you get this debuff as a healer or dps, run away from the group. If a tank gets the debuff, pay attention and move away from the tank."

Add both these debuffs to your raid frames.
Garfunkle

Post by Garfunkle »

Syrah wrote:Magmatron
Acquiring target
The person who is targeted should run to the back of the room where the constructs start. Although the ability only targets one person anyone caught by it will take damage too, and it does a lot of damage.
You only get caught by "it" (a single red fire beam) if you are standing between Magmatron and the targeted person. No point running to the back of the room if you are targeted, you just need to make sure none else is standing between the person targeted and Magmatron. Big heals on the targeted person, they should also use a hs or any defensive cds they have.
Yeah I know you only get hit by it if you're standing in direct line, but after the experiences last night and we seen everyone running about like headless chickens trying to get away from other bad stuff I seen a number of people getting caught by this just through sheer bad luck. Until everyone is more comfortable with the fight it might not be a bad idea to get the target out of the way (but obviously still in healing range).

The biggest damage is still to the target, but anyone who was caught in the line of fire were taking unnecessary damage too. The reason I pointed out it might be an idea to get the targeted person to run away also is that it might reduce the number of people who might get caught in the fire.

Electron
Lightning Conductor

This is the one where you have to run away from raid.
"a debuff on one target that hits all nearby raid members for big damage. If you get this debuff as a healer or dps, run away from the group. If a tank gets the debuff, pay attention and move away from the tank."

Add both these debuffs to your raid frames.
Yeah, this one caused a problem last night when we all stacked up in a Power Generator dropped by Arcanatron then I got hit by Lightning Conductor. Moved as fast as I could but still think I killed Fungi. A noble cause, but might have been better to keep him alive longer.
Garfunkle has been slain by a Chubby Purple Unicorn.
Sleetza

Post by Sleetza »

As far as acquiring target goes: The targetted person just needs to make sure the targettingbeam points away from most people. So if there are people spread out around the golem in a 270 degree radius he/she should stand in the remaining 90 degree angle if possible. Range doesn't matter all that much if you ask me.

The Arcane Annihilator killed alot of people. And yes, sometimes we might be able to heal trough it but it can hit for over 90k (believe we got Vasili hit for that much? :P ). It depends alot on what golems are active, but it still needs an interrupt rotation as the fight is already hard enough on healers and it hits tanks too (Arcane Annihilator on tank is pretty much an instagibbed tank).

The Lightning Conductor was going fairly well except some people didnt notice I had it on me (since I am tanking the melee should get away from me instead of sticking to the golem I'm tanking to avoid getting hit by it).

If we perfectionate those points it should be a pretty easy fight if we burn down the oozes quick enough (I think more slowing stuff would make this alot easier, I had a kinda hard time running away from one when I needed to go around a poisoncloud while tanking a golem and the ooze just took the short route gheghe).
Fungi

Post by Fungi »

Very clean kill on Omnotron when he finally got him down. Arcane Annihilator was less of an issue with Jericho dedicating himself to interrupting it all the time, however, the "new" problem proved to be the slimes. They still tend to kill a lot of people, which means, we still need more dps on them. I checked the world of log report and noticed that Emesis did by far the most damage on them. If you're low on the list, you should aim at getting higher.

Emesis 5792444 16.9 %
Fungi 3261260 9.5 %
Cengo 2366902 6.9 %
Tirnael 2361391 6.9 %
Gladion 2095336 6.1 %
Kharybdis 2035745 5.9 %
Jerìcho 1969553 5.7 %
Fuuken 1958637 5.7 %
Moreat 1804754 5.3 %
Tealeaff 1800925 5.3 %
Calendil 1700779 5.0 %
Lithasola 1473131 4.3 %
Nomadx 1404495 4.1 %
Vitki 1309238 3.8 %
Starwind 1232565 3.6 %
Liria 783822 2.3 %

A.
If you want to be or have more than average, you need to work/learn/invest more than average!
Awesomeness, it can't be taught !
"Where the brave may live forever" - V.
Liria

Post by Liria »

... Well, as the dead last person on that black list I just wanted to say that, well, I don't really have a good excuse, except that these oozes really scare the hell out of me... ;p
They are the thing I have biggest problems with in this fight... I died a few times to them - either because I thought all of them spawned and when I run in to kill them the last one targetted me and I killed a few ppl, or because someone marked didn't move and they killed me in the process.. So I really try to avoid them most of the time, especially when I see them being nuked quite fast by others.. So, uh, sorry... *hangs head in shame*