[TOTFW] The Conclave of Wind

Blackwing's Descent, Throne of the Four Winds, Bastion of Twilight.
Fagan

[TOTFW] The Conclave of Wind

Post by Fagan »

'Certainty of death. Small chance of success. What are we waiting for?'

Bravebeard

Re: [TOTFW] The Conclave of Wind

Post by Bravebeard »

Templaar
GM [Retired]

Post by Templaar »

A rare fun fight.
We should've gone here sooner.
Bravebeard

Post by Bravebeard »

agree, very fun boss
Caireann

Post by Caireann »

From what I've already noticed on our tries, here are some log excerpts to back this up:

1)
[22:41:53.015] Anshal hits Alaedon 76667 (Blocked: 51112)
[22:41:55.390] Anshal hits Alaedon 38678 (Overkill: 24888, Absorbed: 969, Blocked: 43024)

2)
[22:52:31.468] Anshal hits Lithasola 88173 (Absorbed: 8652)
[22:52:33.890] Anshal hits Lithasola 115193 (Overkill: 4972, Absorbed: 13279)

When we switch sides, and a tank and a healer jump to Anshal - please refrain from attacking the boss immediately, and after that use some cooldown. He is still capable of melee swings during his special ability, and the power of his swings is calculated by the number of people currently on the platform. That is, the more people there are, the weaker his swings.

Therefore, if there are only 2-3 ppl on the platform, the tank could get ~100k damage every 2 seconds (each swing), definitely causing a heart attack of nearby healers.. ;) The next time we are there please be careful with handling Anshal after the switch is made. We'd appreciate that ;)
Fluttermouse

Post by Fluttermouse »

Anshal definitely hits like a truck during the special ability phase. In addition if any adds are still alive at this point they will regen to full health, grow larger and also hit like a truck. You might get away with tanking one or maybe two of those if you leave the boss alone at this point, but you certainly can't take any more of them on their own, never mind the boss as well.

A tip for people on Rohash platform, particularly if you haven't been there before. If you look at the area, you'll see the boss is in the middle of a large circle. There are two smaller "landing circles" attached to this - one between each air bridge and the circle the boss is in. As far as I can tell, the individual whirlwinds never move further than the edge of the large circle the boss is in. That means all except a little bit of the landing circle closest to the boss is actually a "safe zone" as far as the whirlwinds are concerned. i.e. the only thing as a ranged you'll need to watch out for is the ability that will blow you off the platform as that does still reach.

Jumping to Nazir. Here's what I use for my timing, rather than relying on it being called out. (and avoid any vent lag)

Not sure what is DBM and what is the game, but I get two messages in the middle of my screen a few seconds apart. The first says

The conclave of wind is nearing full strength

I'd say that's the point at which melee need to be thinking about moving

The second says

Special Abilities active in 10 seconds

That's definitely the point at which any ranged dps need to be thinking about moving, providing they're stood in/near the landing circle close to the jump point

As a DPS, if you jump to Nazir too soon you start building up stacks of debuff before he ports into the middle to cast his special which mean that any ice patches or the blizzard are going to hurt more. Ideally as a ranged I want to be landing no more than a second or two before he ports into the centre - you don't have to run very far to start dps on him and it's likely the only debuff you'll get will be maybe a single stack on your way back.

Hope these tips help. :)