[BWD] Atramedes

Blackwing's Descent, Throne of the Four Winds, Bastion of Twilight.
Fagan

[BWD] Atramedes

Post by Fagan »

'Certainty of death. Small chance of success. What are we waiting for?'

Luxaflex

Re: [BWD] Atramedes

Post by Luxaflex »

/bump

Focus boss for tonight - PLZ do read up and see what's wanted from you tonight :)
Caireann

Post by Caireann »

Since we'll be probably dealing with this boss tonight on 25man, there are two addons that may come in handy:

1) http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/i ... cMove.html
People with the standard Blizz UI don't have to do this, but for me - the sound bar shows exactly in the place of my healing bars... On 10man it wasn't a problem, since it was just right beside it, but on 25man it'll be covered with frames. This addons helps to move any bars that aren't otherwise configurable. It seems there's a similar situation with Cho'gal, so it's even better ;)

2) http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... medes.aspx
Shows a list with players with the highest sound level. May be really helpful for the gong user to time next gongs instead of people saying when they have it higher than needed.
Luxaflex

Post by Luxaflex »

Caireann wrote:2) http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... medes.aspx
Shows a list with players with the highest sound level. May be really helpful for the gong user to time next gongs instead of people saying when they have it higher than needed.
DBM does that for me...maybe it's covered under your frames as well? :)
Caireann

Post by Caireann »

Hehe it's quite possible
Templaar
GM [Retired]

Post by Templaar »

Have to say I did not enjoy that fight.
I spent a few mins dutifully avoiding all the bad crap, and then something went blam with 100 noise and dead. Either I'm missing something obvious, or the RNG hates me even more than usual.
Fungi

Post by Fungi »

RNG doesn't give you noise on this fight afaik. What gives you noise are the circles going out from him and any damage you take (breath/fires) that's not him melee'ing you. The circles going out from him can be avoided, the AoE effect cannot be avoided and ups everyone's noise level. Being hit by the targetted breath increases your soundlevel and standing in the fire/targetted noise circles in p2 gives you noise. Afaik those are the only things that'll up your noise. No RNG involved really.

A.
If you want to be or have more than average, you need to work/learn/invest more than average!
Awesomeness, it can't be taught !
"Where the brave may live forever" - V.
Caireann

Post by Caireann »

I, on the contrary, enjoy this fight very much... :) And being a paladin here is really nice there, with instant Shocks, AoE and powerups at hand.

This is one of the fights you really have to be on the move most of the time, and be aware of your surroundings - esp for the breath (don't be afraid to run along sb when badly placed - pop SparklyAoE for the speed bonus), and the spawning fires on the ground at the end of first ground phase (they actually start hitting you before the fire animation shows on the ground - but you can see a small blow up in that place before they appear), and during the air phases. Unless you're being targetted during the air phase it's hard to die there (much depends on the gong hitter tho, but we had 1-2 ticks usually, which is totally healable).
Templaar
GM [Retired]

Post by Templaar »

Caireann wrote:Unless you're being targetted during the air phase it's hard to die there
Disagrees :(
Arasinya

Post by Arasinya »

It is one of the easier bosses we've seen. We should be getting it down now everyone has seen it.

Unless you make a mistake you are never going to be in trouble. Avoiding the disks in Phase 1 and 2 is simple. The only scare moment is when you get a Searing Flame followed by an AoE.

Phase 2 you'll only take 10-20k damage max from the Fireballs he casts down. The person kiting at first should be safe. The designated gong hitter will have a little tougher time but with speed boosts and holy grip you should be safe from damage.