[BWD] Chimareon

Blackwing's Descent, Throne of the Four Winds, Bastion of Twilight.
Kharybdis

Re: [BWD] Chimareon

Post by Kharybdis »

Templaar wrote:Dullest. Boss. Ever.
Well, you wanted a tank and spank boss (sort of)... Be careful what you wish for ;)

Our virtues and our failings are inseparable, like force and matter. When they separate, man is no more.

Prepare for the worst and dare the universe to disappoint you
Templaar
GM [Retired]

Post by Templaar »

<wishes to win the lottery>
<waits>
Arasinya

Post by Arasinya »

For tanking it is easy. For healing there isn't really much going on if you only healing when actually required. All AoE healing should be saved for the stacking phase.

To me it looks more like a DPS fight. I doubt you'll get such a tank and spank fight in any of the future raids. If you are not hitting 15k DPS you need to question what more you can do to hit those sort of numbers. Most of the fight is standing still and nuking very little movement required.

I imagine some are going to have to gear up a little and others may need to return to forums to push more out of your class.
Luxaflex

Post by Luxaflex »

Might be dull, still dps needs to give all they got and healers need to be incredibly on the ball. 1 person with a debuff not brought to 10k might easily die from another ability - that will then make the stacking up phase and P3 much harder. I was on OT healing last night and I must admit - quite dull. Without mana tide and replenishment this was somewhat of a challenge, but quite ok even. Imo this all depends on getting the raid above 10k asap in P1, and everyone helping out to heal themselves in P2. Should be easy kill in 25 too.
Gladion

Post by Gladion »

Maelstrom Weapon + Healing rain ftw!
Just reminder to other shammys.. You can always cast healing rain, specially ppl with ele-spec should do it when stacking up.
In regione caecorum rex est luscus.
Vitki

Post by Vitki »

One of Snowpea's suggestions for everyone to bandage in P2 (group-up phase), when hit is drastically reduced so less damage loss also. seemed to work well.
Syrah

Post by Syrah »

Also get your pets out - all of them.