[TOTFW] Al'Akir

Blackwing's Descent, Throne of the Four Winds, Bastion of Twilight.
Emesis

Re: [TOTFW] Al'Akir

Post by Emesis »

Caireann wrote: And it's what we need to work on - keeping Feedback on Al’Akir rolling, as it seems that delegating one group doesn’t always work.. maybe we should pick 2-3 more dps that will dps the boss until the buff almost wears off and then help nuking the add to make sure he’ll die right on time? Also, having an main assist for add killing would be great too, so that we won’t lose too much time on tabbing or picking the right add.
We had a main assist for add killing.
And the add group actually worked better and better. The problem isn't that we kill the add too slow, but too quick. After 7-8 stacks we kill the add before the next one has spawned, which makes us wait a few seconds before we can nuke the next one. (And makes us lose the stack).
The adds need about 50k dps average to die at the right "pace", which means that 5 people might also be too many.
Templaar
GM [Retired]

Post by Templaar »

Staying on the bloody platform is what I need to work on....
Ilsevele

Post by Ilsevele »

I do think that five people to kill the adds is about the right number. Sometimes we did kill them too quickly, more often than not, however, we had a bit of problem with stacks falling off due to whirlwinds.

And we really, really should post some sort of guideline for phase three, because yesterday, frankly, we were flying around a bit like headless chicken.
Rotkwa

Post by Rotkwa »

Based on my poor performance last night i can offer a tip for dodging tornadoes (i caught quite a few while i was sure i was safe in the gap), adjust your camera to bird perspective when tornadoes are approaching, or level it horizontally with the ground, while facing the incoming wall. And then make sure you're in the middle of the gap. Also being zoomed to the max i had trouble spotting which of the toons was actually mine (o.O) so staying in motion helped there. Hope it helps to some.
Fungi

Post by Fungi »

I'm just a wee small gnome ! I usually don't stand in the big pack just because my toon is lost then. As you mention, moving a bit helps. Also, I have TellMeWhen icons right beneath my character, so even if it's not visible on the screen, I know it's supposed to be 2cm above the LB icon :P

A.
If you want to be or have more than average, you need to work/learn/invest more than average!
Awesomeness, it can't be taught !
"Where the brave may live forever" - V.
Fluttermouse

Post by Fluttermouse »

Ilsevele wrote:I do think that five people to kill the adds is about the right number. Sometimes we did kill them too quickly, more often than not, however, we had a bit of problem with stacks falling off due to whirlwinds.
Just a thought, but maybe designate (one?) extra DPS to join in for the add currently under attack when you have large whirlwind movement? e.g. if you're stood at the edge to miss the wall, have to run into the boss to make the gap and then back out to the mark
Caireann

Post by Caireann »

Okay, I've found a nice image for the third phase... it should be easier to grasp the idea of moving up/down with a visualisation ;)
And hm.. they propose to put 3 clouds, instead of 2 - this requires a better placement of clouds, but also gives more time to make the upper ones disappear.
I'm not sure what the timer is on those tho.

Rotkwa

Post by Rotkwa »

Maybe we should go practice stacking up on mark in Vash'jir :)
Liria

Post by Liria »

Rotkwa wrote:Maybe we should go practice stacking up on mark in Vash'jir :)
This is actually a very good idea :lol:
Rotkwa

Post by Rotkwa »

Well, with mass summon it would be doable after invites, without loosing much of raid time.