ZA timed run

Blackwing's Descent, Throne of the Four Winds, Bastion of Twilight.
Fagan

Re: ZA timed run

Post by Fagan »

Almost managed it in a pug, so shouldn't be too tricky. Not as tough as the old run anyway.
'Certainty of death. Small chance of success. What are we waiting for?'

Stumble

Post by Stumble »

ooo OOO ooo OOO I remember som fuss about it last time it was 10man ;)

gl grabbing them bears :)
Rotkwa

Post by Rotkwa »

<shivers> :)

Can anyone wake up Thawte?
Fagan

Post by Fagan »

Hehe, wasn't going to mention that. At least we can't have the drama this time as it's 5man. :)
'Certainty of death. Small chance of success. What are we waiting for?'

Copperknot

Post by Copperknot »

30 secs off on our first real attempt using no dash and res tricks or anything

Definitely doable :)
Alaedon

Post by Alaedon »

sorry for not show up for za timed run .. i have connection problem and i just came to work where i have internet to make post .. realy sorry
Syrah

Post by Syrah »

No problem Alae.

Do ask Tryn to show you his bear though :)
Fluttermouse

Post by Fluttermouse »

I'd be interested in a shot at the timed run. Interestingly I've heard two different things compared to the tactics shown in the video but no idea if either are viable or just a load of BS.

No 1: Instead of Eagle, Bear, Dragonhawk, Lynx go Bear, Dragonhawk, Eagle, Lynx. Apparently both bear and eagle reset the timers but none of the others do, so by killing the eagle third you get a full 15 minutes to get to and down the lynx boss

No 2: (may be due to a bug?) Head straight for the lynx boss as you can go through the water in the middle quite happily. The bear mount will drop providing this prisoner has been freed from his cage before the timer runs out and it doesn't matter if you manage all the other 3 or not.

Anyone who wants to try either of these options and give feedback?
Gladion

Post by Gladion »

Fluttermouse wrote: Apparently both bear and eagle reset the timers but none of the others do, so by killing the eagle third you get a full 15 minutes to get to and down the lynx boss
Bear and eagle give you +5 min to timer, not reset it.
In regione caecorum rex est luscus.
Syrah

Post by Syrah »

No thanks flutter I think we have it sorted even though we only managed it with seconds to spare.

This from plusheal is a pretty concise summary:
Just going to copy paste the post I made for our guildies:

To give you an idea of the requirements. Bring flask, food and any other buff to your class (potions). The times you will be aiming for are:

13-14mins on clock: Arrive at Akil'zon, kill him in about 2-3mins. (time added, new timer 16-17min)
12-13mins on clock: Arrive at Nalorakk, kill him in about 2-3mins. (time added, new timer 15-16min)
10-11mins on clock: Arrive at Jan'Alai, kill him in about 2-3 mins (no more time added!!!)
You will now have 8-9mins to reach Halazzi, the kill for Halazzi takes us round about 2mins 40sec I believe. DO NOT RUSH THE LYNX PACKS. You have plenty of time to get there now, unless you are not on schedule, then of course, you will have to haul ass. (you can skip the crocodile patrol by going through the water, if the patrol is coming towards you. If not, don't skip, just kill, you have no time to wait)

Important:
* INTERRUPTS: gauntlet towards first boss has mobs that do chainheal, they cannot go off. Mobs towards 3rd boss have flamecasters. Their aoe damage should be interrupted. Their buffs dispelled/spellstolen/purged
* DISPEL/SPELLSTEAL/PURGE: see above
* Focus dps on Skull if it is marked, if your class allows it, combine it with aoe damage
* CC only when it is required. For a timed run, it almost never is. (1 healer mob right before the bear boss, 1 or 2 mobs right before the Lynx boss)
* Stuns are awesome. Especially on the Trolls that ride bears. If you stun them at 35% they will not dismount and you will save yourself a lot of dps on extra mobs
* KILL SCOUTS, you can't afford getting reinforcements
* The tank dictates the pace! Monitor your healers mana, if everyone is doing the above things, the healer should be fine to never have to drink. (avoid damage, selfheal, bandage, offheal, support your healer!!) Do not rush pulls too fast, you need to balance your level of risk. Wiping is extremely costly and will most likely mean a failed timerun. (if you manage to survive a wipe, by means of Feign Death or so, DO IT and mass ress to get back on track)

That is pretty much our current flow of running it, considering we are mostly in 359 gear mixed with a few blues still. Our setup has been Prot warrior, Druid healer, Shadowpriest, Ret Pala and a hunter.
Also dps reforge their hit away down to 6% for extra dps.

I might add that (Ulomek is correct when he says) 15k dps is probably a minimum dps requirement and 10k for the tank, along with a mostly 359 healer who can mange their mana ;).

To shave a few more seconds off we might try letting the hatchers hatch all the eggs at once on the dragonhawks boss. We all stand on Tank, aoe them down and I'll pop tranquility.