[BWD] Chimaeron HC 25

Blackwing's Descent, Throne of the Four Winds, Bastion of Twilight.
Syrah

Re: [BWD] Chimaeron HC 25

Post by Syrah »

We ran with 7 healers to cover the intense fued phase healing, and used two tanks. Because of the mechanic preventing any player from being one-shot as long as they are over 10k, we opted to have a DPS DK tank as long as Finkle's mixture was up. The other tanks tanked him during fued phase and soaked double attacks during Finkle's Mixture. This increased our DPS output with no change in healing requirements
I considered posting this yesterday but hesitated as I thought that as you were having to rotate break tanks during feud, as stacks weren't dropping off in time, the dps tank would end up being needed to act as break tank during feud.
Lithasola

Post by Lithasola »

I know what you mean hun the dps is the break tank (essentially the role me and vrug are swapping on) the other 2 tanks take the boss during fued, meaning 1 will then take some stacks of break while the other takes DA. I worry myself that a second fued will come before one of the proper tanks has had a chance to drop the break buff from the previous fued, however if we dont try these things we wont know and with the amount of pally tanks/healers we have, using hand to remove stacks if this happened makes it a viable option. what do you think ?
Templaar
GM [Retired]

Post by Templaar »

There are too many save demands on me as it is, and I forget one or more every fight (juggling remembering fight mechanics, switching between three completely different healing assignments that change mid-fight and possibly mid-phase if people die, and then three different save rotations for potentially different people at different times). I only have a limited amount of RAM and already its proven insufficient.

If the only way we can see of doing this is by stacking paladins for more LoH, more Sacrifice, and more Protection then I think we've overlooked something.
Syrah

Post by Syrah »

There is aboslutely no reason why you shouldn't heal the DA tank the whole of the way through the fight Temp.
I'm perfectly happy taking a mark to heal in the non feud phase. So if you wish to swap with me I'm fine with that.
Lithasola

Post by Lithasola »

Templaar wrote:There are too many save demands on me as it is, and I forget one or more every fight (juggling remembering fight mechanics, switching between three completely different healing assignments that change mid-fight and possibly mid-phase if people die, and then three different save rotations for potentially different people at different times). I only have a limited amount of RAM and already its proven insufficient.

If the only way we can see of doing this is by stacking paladins for more LoH, more Sacrifice, and more Protection then I think we've overlooked something.

I dont know what the assignments were last night (decided to stay out the healing channel and focus on the tanking stuff) but the LoH rotation was working very well, I think tanks were going down due to the additional Caustic slime dmg on the stack up phase (we should be separate from the raid pile apparently). I mention using Hand to get rid of break stacks if we decide to use a dps to tank the boss on the Bot phases, it would only be required IF we got 2 fueds so close together that the Break tank still had time remaining on their last debuff.
Caireann

Post by Caireann »

Assignements, especially for pallies are horrible.. both for LoHs and saves and later on even for the auras - it'd probably be the best if we had the same timing for it, like - we throw our LoH and then save on the same feud phase. Counting feuds and noticing which tanks taunts when, or are there any changes is very confusing. I'm sorry that the list was so complicated - we definitely should try to make it simplier by losing a bit of our effectivness - making tank healers stay on tanks all the time, and raid healers on raid. Use cooldowns on the same feud phases even if it means losing a cooldown or two for the tank on the last phase, etc.

But all those things won't change the basic fact - what's wrong with Caustic Slime when we stack? From what I've seen in the logs we mostly (not counting the times when we forgot to LoH on time) lost tanks due to attack + immediately followed by 5x Caustic Slimes (9k each). Even with a cooldown there's just too much error margin to spam any of the big heals on time.

Either:
- we stack too losely and therefore dmg is bigger on less people to distribute it among - it should be a 6y spot!
- we should make it more RNG based and leave the tanks away from the group and pray they won't get hit by any..?

Additionally:
You want to bring him to 21.5-22% and wait for a massacre, clump up while it's casting and use tranq/divine hymn etc right afterwards. After that's done you push him to the 20% transition w/o getting any caustics - it's always 14 seconds from massacre hit to the next wave of caustics - hit hero (he receives 10% more damage during this phase) and pop your 1200 stat potions as well.
Lithasola

Post by Lithasola »

Caireann wrote: Counting feuds and noticing which tanks taunts when, or are there any changes is very confusing. I'm sorry that the list was so complicated - we definitely should try to make it simplier by losing a bit of our effectivness - making tank healers stay on tanks all the time, and raid healers on raid. Use cooldowns on the same feud phases even if it means losing a cooldown or two for the tank on the last phase, etc.
The tactic Ive been discussing would possibly make things slightly simpler here

1 - Plate DPs always tanking boss when bots up
2 - DA tank takes nothing but dmg from DA

The advantage here is that theres only 1 tank thats going to be taunting at each fued so you wouldnt be assigning differnt LoH to 2 separate tanks it would always be on the same tank, meaning you wouldnt have to count the fueds to remember which tank needs the LoH. The only danger is the one I was talking over with Syrah where it might occur that we get 2 fueds close together so your break tank will still have stacks of the debuff from the last fued. So youd still have assign a LoH rotation but it's always going to go on the same tank reducing confusion. Im not sure how the Hand that would drop stacks of the debuff off the tank would work but that could be done during the time when the Plate DPS is tanking the boss instead of scrabbling to do both LoH and drop the buff just as the break tank needs to taunt.
Vrugdush
Officer

Post by Vrugdush »

I like the idea of a DPS tanking during the normal phase and a tank only stepping in during the feud. An additional problem to break maybe not fading in time though, is that the tank's own cooldowns might not be ready for each feud, meaning we might go splut even more. I popped three or four cooldowns when I taunted from Lith at the Feud, and it was still touch and go. I still think it's worth trying though, as it will at least be less confusing for our healers.
Bravebeard

Post by Bravebeard »

I was thinking we could do with one less dps and one more healer. We got to 2% with me being dead since almost the start of the fight. With everyone being alive, fully buffed and at full health going into P2 it ought to go well if we try to squeeze the dps a bit?
Caireann

Post by Caireann »

Code: Select all

Version:4.20; target:true; icon:Ability_Devour; buffname:Double Attack; focus:true; alpha:1; owntex:true; soundend:21; size:0.51; y:170
Hmm I've found a Power Aura code for audio warning before Double Attack that might come in handy - both for tanks to exactly know when the debuff appears to taunt, and healers - for incoming high dmg. (you need to have him on focus tho for it to work)