[BWD] Chimaeron HC 25

Blackwing's Descent, Throne of the Four Winds, Bastion of Twilight.
Lithasola

Re: [BWD] Chimaeron HC 25

Post by Lithasola »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhmSn-j_a0M a video that explains quite well the tanking side of things.

I cant help but imagine the guy narrating this vid sitting in front of his PC dressed up as count dracula :shock:
Bravebeard

Post by Bravebeard »

Perhaps our success yesterday indicated that we should try with one or 2 healers more? (if we have enough available)

Once we make it to P2 with all alive or reach enrage without problems go for more dps?
Aicha

Post by Aicha »

What went right yesterday:
- All lay on hands landed in time at feud times.
- very few people died to the acid after the first tries (in which some healers (me) were struggling with the way our addon showed the debuffs)
-

What went wrong:
- Tanks kept dying during the feud phase after they got topped up with LoH
Were tanks using saves?
- Tranquility wasn't cast or was late because of healer died or was busy (forgot)
We should really, really, really, really let each other know on vent when something goes wrong with this
- Sapros died at least once to double attack at the start of a fight.
Taunts seemed to go okay most of the rest of the time, so I guess this was a one-off, but it's something that can and will wipe our raid if it happens more than once, so bears watching
- Ninjapulls :P

I'm wondering if we're missing something really. The fight looks ridiculously unforgiving. Are we taking avoidable damage?
Is this fight really not doable without 3 or 4 pallies in the raid to cast LoHs? I'm still puzzled. :)
Templaar
GM [Retired]

Post by Templaar »

Aicha wrote: I'm wondering if we're missing something really. The fight looks ridiculously unforgiving. Are we taking avoidable damage?
Is this fight really not doable without 3 or 4 pallies in the raid to cast LoHs? I'm still puzzled. :)
Agree.
Reminds me of Northrend Beasts all over again - I think we missed something there, and I think we're missing something now.
If only I knew what!
Rubedo

Post by Rubedo »

From what I remember from our 2%-wipes, we didn't have any real kiting of Chimaeron going on in the last phase. Some classes like rogues should be able to kite Chimaeron at least for a while. If we worked on some kiting methods, maybe we could get away with another tank or healer. But at least one time I know that we hit enrage timer, so maybe that will become a bigger issue in that case. Just a thought...

As for tanks dying during Feud-phase, it could be the case that if one tank tanks every feud, he would have stacks of break up. Hand of Protection might remove such stacks, but that also prevents the use of Lay on Hands, since HoP causes Forebearance. And I don't think Hand of Sacrifice will suffice to save the tank if he has stacks of break while tanking in feud.
Vrugdush
Officer

Post by Vrugdush »

I was using saves for Feud phase - Shield Block and Shield Wall for the start of the first one, then a trinket after taunting back after the Double Attack. For second Feud I used Shield Block, Last Stand, and Enraged Regeneration and then my other trinket. It was still touch and go. Survival was a problem even without any Break stacks. Usually they had time to run out, but if not, it will be tricky.
Syrah

Post by Syrah »

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/862 ... this-fight

How about this - 1 tank, tanks the whole of feud. It means there is only 1 tank to heal and one tank to save during feud.

The DA tank, for when bile o tron is online, can take over if the feud tank still has break stacks when we go into an early feud.

Still use a dps DK for break stacks outside of feud.
Lithasola

Post by Lithasola »

Syrah wrote:How about this - 1 tank, tanks the whole of feud. It means there is only 1 tank to heal and one tank to save during feud.
Break still stacks during fued, so this tank would be taking stacks of break and get hit with DA ?
Syrah

Post by Syrah »

Apparently - yes. See the link

After this I'm all out of ideas and off to Firelands.
Aicha

Post by Aicha »

As I'm still confused about this break thing I decided to sort it out for myself:

Break
Physical damage taken increased by 25%.
- this is only an issue during feud phase.
All healing done reduced by 15%. - note it's healing done, not taken. should be irrelevant.
1 minute remaining

Feud
Unable to perform melee attacks.
30 seconds remaining

So during normal phase:
- plate dps Z tanks, stacks break debuffs
- tank A taunts for double attack, should not get breaks

During feud we have two options, either:
- tank B taunts and tanks this phase, stacks break debuffs.
- Tank A still taunts for double attack, should not get debuffs.

Or the suggestion from Syrah/MMO champion:
- Tank B taunts and tanks the entire phase, including double attacks, stacking break debuffs.
There will be one double attack during feud phase, and the break debuff stacks every 15-20 seconds.
Normally there should be a maximum of 2 breaks on the tank at the end of the phase, meaning 50% more damage, but most likely only 1 stack (25% more damage) on double attack. Possibly the tank will be able to survive with a save.