1. Trial of the Grand Crusader - Northrend Beasts

Pre-Cataclysm raids.
Fungi

Re: 1. Trial of the Grand Crusader - Northrend Beasts

Post by Fungi »

Why would this crossing paths be a problem ? I know I've not done any ToGC25, but is there something I missed. The targetted person doesn't deal damage to the people he/she passes right ?

A.
If you want to be or have more than average, you need to work/learn/invest more than average!
Awesomeness, it can't be taught !
"Where the brave may live forever" - V.
Korchinks

Post by Korchinks »

The problem is that there is no speed buff and Icehowl adjust his own tragectory to still try and hit the targetted person - people in close proximity could take a path that interjects the tragetted persons escape route, effecively putting them directly in the flight path of Icehowl = collateral death.

Yellow area shows probable trajectory path of Icehowl (black circle) toward target (red circle), the more people caught in that yellow area the more chance there is for paths to be crossed of escaping people and deaths to occur (especially without speed buff).

Having a greater spread of people around the arena should significantly increase the space between the targetted person and the nearest raid members - reducing the probability of accidents.

This is just my interpretation of the tankspot video by the way - if we are not going to employ this strat then lets remove the video and my posts to avoid confusion.

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one
Payoffwizard

Post by Payoffwizard »

@Korch:

with respect to totem dropping, shamans can drop their totems in the centre of the room rather than whereever they are standing ;)

Clarification for Fungi:

also, when Icehowl knocks everyone against the wall, he targets one toon and dbm puts a skull on their head. Icehowl then charges to that point. He does not follow his target if the target moves out of the way.
Korchinks

Post by Korchinks »

Payoffwizard wrote: @Shamans

with respect to your totem dropping, shamans can drop their totems in the centre of the room rather than wherever they are standing ;)
Fixed :)

Payoffwizard wrote: Clarification for Fungi:

also, when Icehowl knocks everyone against the wall, he targets one toon and dbm puts a skull on their head. Icehowl then charges to that point. He does not follow his target if the target moves out of the way.

I have seen him sway a few degrees in the direction the target runs (or that is my perception) - so when u move his attack sweeps in your direction, not sure if anyone else has?

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one
Zuzza

Post by Zuzza »

Been reading a strat for beasts that we have not tried might be worth a go

Assign 1-2 people to stand with the Dreadscale tank, take the Burning Bile debuff. Then go around cleansing the raid.
Giruy

Post by Giruy »

Zuzza's tactic of kiting the worms look interesting (attempted last night on the 10 man).

Essentially As far as I can make out, the tank that has the movable mob kites back and forth by the static mob, the other task is to run towards those with the acid debuff.

Pros:

Static tank is closer at hand to clear the acid debuff.
Ranged have less travel to clear acid debuff.

Cons:

Lot more work and awareness needed by the tanks.
It does slighly reduce the amount of arena players can use, mainly at the pull until the 1st round of debuffs.
Maths problem of the day:
If George is 73 and his girlfriend is 26,
How much money does George have?
Fagan

Post by Fagan »

We took a little bit of a backward step tonight. To be able to get anywhere in p2 we need to get Gormok down before or as the worms enter, so the tanks have a bit of time to get sorted and so does everyone else. We had previously managed this by leaving any snobolds on melee until after gormok is down and using that time to nuke gormok instead.

On our last go tonight we left the last snobold till afterwards and Gormok died before the worms were active (only just, but he did die before they became targetable), the only problem with leaving the last snobold, is that if it is on a caster or more importantly a healer, then they can't heal/dps. It's doesn't really affect melee's dps having a snobold as they can't interrupt us. ;)
'Certainty of death. Small chance of success. What are we waiting for?'

Zuzza

Post by Zuzza »

Actually we made some progress ;)
Erian
Raid Leader

Post by Erian »

My feeling is that this fight needs better organization and coordination from all of us. Easy as a whole has got a bit sloppy, because the rest of the content is too trivial. I think we did make nice progress, but especially in highlighting what we have to think about better. Here are some brief thoughts from the H angle.

P1. H should be allocated to Ts and ensure that every T is getting spam heals from someone. The raid should not be taking much damage: the aoe damage that melee and Ts get is healed by a single CoH+PoH for example. Missholy was doing this last night. Dps must not get fire damage (and especially must not die). 6H should be enough for this, but we did have problems initially when a H dc'd or got snobold. Last try we managed with 6H with Blues offline.

P2. Can be broken into three stages.

a. The transition from P1 is very important. Healers have to know which T is where. There should be 2H assigned to each T and they should still be spam healing because the impales will still be debuffing the Ts. I think we are failing sometimes at the transition because suddently some Ts go oor of their H, or because Hs are not entirely sure where they should be or what they are doing.

b. Before the first dive. This is very healable assuming ppl don't take damage unnecessarily.

c. After the first dive, multiple people start to get burning bile, and if they are not spread out there is a large amount of raid damage. So we should make sure that the two spare Hs go raid ffa, and we should specify which Hs do this.
Start every day off with a smile and get it over with.
Luxaflex

Post by Luxaflex »

Suggestion:

Group setup:

G1 G2 G3 G4 G5
MT MD RH RH RH
MT MD TH TH TH
MT MD RD RD RD
MD MD RD RD RD
MD MD RD RD RD

3 tanks (MT)
6 healers (RH = raidhealer, TH = tankhealer)
7 melee (MD)
9 ranged (RD)

Healers in groups form couples, see phase 1-2 transition and positioning in P1 and P3

Phase 1:
G3 left side, G4 center, G5 right side - 10 yards in between
Tank healer priority: TANK - other TANK - Melee
Raid healer priority: OWN group - other DPS - TANKS

Phase 1-2 transition:
Tank healer priority > TANK
Raid healer priority > TANK which your buddy is healing

Phase 2:
Should have less raid dmg. Only 2 tanks 'active'. The 2 healers that were on Gormok's tank when he dies are raid healers now. If Missholy is on a tank and I am on raid, it's better to switch. Same for a pala on raid. This will have to be communicated over Vent (Missy go back to raid, I got your tank now)

Phase 2-3 transition:
1 Worm should be dead, having free'd up a tank and 1 healer (Enraged worm needs 3 healers spamming). Communicate over vent who stays on worm-tank and who will go on Icehowl tank. Try to get in your position for Phase 3 meanwhile.

Phase 3:
Healing couples spread around: G3 left of Icehowl, G4 behind him, G5 to the right. That should guarantee 4 healers never frozen. 2 tank healers heal tank, 2 raid healers heal frozen raid.

I know a lot of ranged dps HATES running with a healer, however, it isn't that bad on this fight, since it's quite stationary in P1 and P3. G3 left, G4 center, G5 right. Go there, and your healer should be there. Remember that this tactic was crucial for our first down of Mimiron.