1. Trial of the Grand Crusader - Northrend Beasts

Pre-Cataclysm raids.
Blueshaman

Re: 1. Trial of the Grand Crusader - Northrend Beasts

Post by Blueshaman »

I took a closer look and compared our dps/healing(mondays raid) against that of the given one where they killed Northrend Beasts. We seem to be healing alot harder Id say but still doesnt get the job done.
So I check how much damage do we take well lo and behold we take 3 million more damage(I compared our last try against their killing try) in the same amount of time makes you wonder doesnt it? I suggest we all look at those logs and really try to see where we can improve. If we are to to down those beasts we really need to play at our best.

Cyaz Blues
Syrah

Post by Syrah »

Krid

Post by Krid »

Butting in for a minute, had a look at the log of 30-11.

It looks like the biggest issue is keeping the tanks up 10 out of the 14 tries the tanks died because of the huge amount of incoming damage.

Avoiding the fire bomb damage could be a little better although not many die of that but as Blue noted the raid is getting a huge amount of damage.
Killing snobolds could be quiker, the amount of damage done to them by the dps varies a lot and that is not because they are melee or ranged.

Fagan sugested to leave snobolds up on melee and hunters, but the snobolds throw fire bombs and firebombs seem to be hard to avoid. Also I read somewhere that snobolds can only be hit by direct damage, so aoe dmg does not hit them. If you keep hitting Gormok your "splash dmg" won't hurt them either, however if you dps the snobold your "splash dmg" will hit Gormok.
With the current dps output the snobolds should die in 10 seconds max.

My guess would be that in Phase two the raid takes much to much damage for the healers to keep up with the damage on the tank.

/bow for copperknot's repair bill, with the amount of battle resses he got it must be huge :)

Try 1
Dps in fire bomb for 3 seconds and dies
Healer in fire bomb for around 10 seconds getting healed by another healer but dies anyway
Tank dies, in 2,5 seconds receives 63k dmg and 18k heals (1 direct heal) -> wipe

Try 2
Rogues should not tank
Healer dies in firebomb
Tank(not topped up) receives 42K in 1/2 a second and dies -> wipe

Try 3
Tank dies, in 1,5 seconds receives 60k dmg and 14k heals
2nd tank dies while tanking Acidmaw and having impale.

Try 4
Dps in fire bomb for 3 seconds and dies
2nd Dps in fire bomb for 3 seconds and dies
tank dies while tanking Acidmaw and having impale.

Try 5
No idea what happen, Acidmaw hits healer -> dead
Acidmaw kills other healer with acid spit
tank and other dps die of molten spew

Try 6
Tank dies, 49k dmg in 1 sec
1 minute later the 2nd tank dies (not topped of for 5 seconds).
Dps dies of paralytic toxin.
fight still goes on because after one minute 3 other dps die in the slime pool.
10 seconds later tank dies and there is the wipe.

Try 7
tank dies, 0,5 seconds 46K dmg
30 seconds later tank no2 dies 2 seconds 58k dmg and 23k heals.

Try 8
Healer dies in fire bomb
Tank receives 55k dmg in 1 sec and also dies.
Tank 2 dies

Try 9
4 melee dps die due to a combination of Paralytic toxin and sweep
tank dies of Molten Spew 2 seconds no heals

Try 10
Tank 1 dies, to much dmg in 1 second
Tank 2 dies same.

Try 11
Dps dies of fire bomb
tank dies in 0,2 seconds 46k dmg
the poor sod gets ressed and within 2 second dies again from a combination of impale and acid spit.

Try 12
Tank dies while tanking Gormok.
dps dies due to paralytic toxin
(ranged) dps dies of toxin and sweep
Tank dies of Burning Bile, Molten spew and hits while not being topped up for the last 2 seconds.

Try 13
Tank dies while tanking Gormok and Dreadscale
Healer dies quickly after that while tanking
dps is dying from the Paralytic toxin and molten spew

Try 14
Dps dies of fire bomb
Healer dies of paralytic toxin
Tank dies combination of molten spew, burning bile and hits ( also 2nd tanks burning bile for 4 seconds)
Syrah

Post by Syrah »

Tanks need to have an allowance from the guild for repairs.

I mean what is all that gold for if not to support our raiding activities?

There isn't an acheivement for guild with most hoarded gold is there?

Syrah
Fungi

Post by Fungi »

You mean: you think tanks should get an allowance for repairs from guildbank. :)

We aren't really hoarding gold (as you may have noticed the amount of gold in the gbank is pretty stationairy lately) as a guildbank. Yes, we have a nice amount in the gbank now, but we are nowhere near wealthy. On that same note, it might be nice to buy frost(?) resistance gear, of any other resistance gear if that's needed in IC for the guild aswell. I haven't looked into that being needed yet though, so we don't want to leave our gbank with too little gold so it will hamper our progress in that respect. That being said, I'd be nice if we can set an amount of gold used for repairs on a weekly basis or something.

A.
If you want to be or have more than average, you need to work/learn/invest more than average!
Awesomeness, it can't be taught !
"Where the brave may live forever" - V.
Luxaflex

Post by Luxaflex »

For regular raiders that sign often for hardmodes that are TEMPORARILY low on gold > I dont have any problem at all helping you out, and it doesn't have to be in public. Done it before, will do again - just ask, don't be shy.

On the other hand, if guildbank has enough - let guild bank finance tank repairs, or better, 66% of their costs. So their repaircosts are a bit in line with the rest of the raid. And only for progress/hardcore raids. Should we need gold to buy 1 or 2 tanks a resistance set - just ask in guild at that moment for people to donate mats/gold? I mean should we suddenly need 10 or 15k to compile a resistance set, that shouldn't be too hard to gather within Easy.
Templaar
GM [Retired]

Post by Templaar »

Krid wrote: Tank dies, in 2,5 seconds receives 63k dmg and 18k heals (1 direct heal) -> wipe
Tank(not topped up) receives 42K in 1/2 a second and dies -> wipe
Tank dies, in 1,5 seconds receives 60k dmg and 14k heals
Tank dies, 49k dmg in 1 sec
tank dies, 0,5 seconds 46K dmg
30 seconds later tank no2 dies 2 seconds 58k dmg and 23k heals.
Tank receives 55k dmg in 1 sec and also dies.
Tank 1 dies, to much dmg in 1 second
Tank 2 dies same.
tank dies in 0,2 seconds 46k dmg
Nicely done.

Looking it over, I'm forced to wonder whether this amount of damage is even healable? 55k in 1 second is a fairly mental amount of damage. That's about 3 pala's simultaneously doing LoH without factoring in individual latency. Should we be thinking about using saves, or is there something I'm missing here?
Fungi

Post by Fungi »

I'm going to assume the silly amount of damage is either because of :

1) a parry and thus a reset attack on the boss, causing him to hit faster than normal.
2) a debuff like the impale stacking to high.

That amount of damage can't be anticipated and isn't healable either I think. 50k in 0.5 seconds ? 100k hps ?

A.
If you want to be or have more than average, you need to work/learn/invest more than average!
Awesomeness, it can't be taught !
"Where the brave may live forever" - V.
Sarri

Post by Sarri »

Templaar wrote:Nicely done.

Looking it over, I'm forced to wonder whether this amount of damage is even healable? 55k in 1 second is a fairly mental amount of damage. That's about 3 pala's simultaneously doing LoH without factoring in individual latency. Should we be thinking about using saves, or is there something I'm missing here?
You arent using any?? o_O

I thought that was a staple on HM Gormok and I just missed the assigns...
Sarri

Post by Sarri »

Was doing some homework as suggested by Syrah...

Look here...
Your tanks should be on a rotation, calling out when they are taunting off of each other. They should also be using cooldowns regularly towards the end (as Gormokk will have more stacks of Rising Anger), and calling out to the healers with cooldowns to use them.
When Snobolds go out, it is a time to prioritize. If the snobold lands on a ranged or a healer, that person needs to immediately move into the melee. This will allow it to be cleaved. All DPS who can quickly ramp up DPS should switch to this snobold to remove it, while those who cannot (such as a Feral Druid who would have to build up bleeds) should simply try to cleave it... Snobolds on tanks must also be DPS'd off quickly to reduce their chance of being stunned and killed.

Snobolds on melee DPS, however, can be ignored for the time being. They do not present a serious threat and are not worth the DPS sacrifice on the boss.
On transition to Worms:
It's also a good idea to use Hand of Protection on the tank with the most Impales (or the longest duration remaining), immediately followed by Hand of Freedom to remove the Hand of Protection.