Yogg - 1 light - Achievement

Pre-Cataclysm raids.
Syrah

Yogg - 1 light - Achievement

Post by Syrah »

Looks like it's definitely 1 keeper left up for the Achievement.

http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f214/526 ... -mode.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnrSVREmmWQ

Syrah
Luxaflex

Re: Yogg - 1 light - Achievement

Post by Luxaflex »

OK - P1 and P2 are covered, P3 we're overrun (tanks insta-gibbed).

From wowhead,about the healing buff on Immortals:
"Yogg-Saron will cast this buff in phase 3 on any Immortal Guardian whose HP has gone low. He will, however, not cast it immediately but first cast Shadow Beacon on an elligible Immortal Guardian to announce Empowering Shadows. If that guardian is then not killed within 10 sec, Empowering Shadows will be cast on it healing everything in a 20 yard radius of the guardian (i.e. any remaining tentacles, other guardians, and possibly even Yogg-Saron) for 750,000 over 20 sec per buff.

If you burn the Immortal Guardians all down quickly and have Thorim helping (who will kill the Immortal Guardians at 1%) you will not have to deal with Empowering Shadows possibly healing Yogg-Saron. If you're doing hardmode without Thorim, the Immortal Guardians will not die and need to be tanked at least 20 yards away from Yogg-Saron."

From wowwiki.com, when tanking adds close to Yogg:
"When the Guardians get beacons, they must be quickly dragged away until the missiles explode, then they can be brought back."

I'm not sure how we were handling the adds yesterday, but the add(s) with shadowbeacon should be dragged away and offtanked at 20+ yards. Once they receive empowering shadows and i.e. 6 adds go back to full health, that will kill our tanks. Empowering shadows should only hit the adds with the shadow beacon.
I'm not 100% sure about the wowhead-spell-description; if shadowbeacon will be cast on any add that is low on hp, dragging some away won't help. Most likely it will -in 10- only be cast on one. If that's correct, the OT has 10 seconds after ShadowBeacon is cast to get the add at 20+ yards range from the MT+adds. As good as our gear might be, multi Immortals are too much too handle once they all heal and there are 5-6 up.
Aleila

Post by Aleila »

It sounds like you guys weren't using Thorim? Imo you should definitely keep him - his absence is the reason Yogg + 0 was so ridiculous.
Rotkwa

Post by Rotkwa »

Not having Freya is probably worse deal for our team.
Sarri

Post by Sarri »

If what Im reading on wowhead regarding the spell is correct the marked guardians should be tanked apart from the unmarked ones...

as per:
As of 3.2:
An Immortal Guardian targeted for Empowering Shadows in the Yogg-Saron encounter will now become a 'Marked Immortal Guardian' while targeted.

So:
/targetexact Marked Immortal Guardian
/cast Taunt, Growl, Distracting Shot ..etc
found on http://www.wowhead.com/spell=64486#comments

actually, looking at the strat by Stars for the Yogg 0 25 man kill...

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/656 ... y-by-Stars

it should just be 3 adds for 10 man, probably not more, and if the OT can get all 3 20 yards from the other and 20 yards from YS it should buy us the extra few seconds needed to get him down :)
Caireann

Post by Caireann »

Imo we should at least try it with Thorim. It's relatively easy when everyone's paying attention. The trick with the Beacon on P3 is that after 10 s the Marked one starts to heal. Normally, 10 seconds is enough to nuke one add down, and if Thorim finishes them off we have plenty of time.

As I see now, we are having troubles with grouping together - and it's beacuse of Sanity wells!

Now imagine a situation, where we have no Sanity wells, everyone keeps together, pays attention to Brain Links, etc - making it even less necessary to refresh the Sanity. The only problem is for melee (and I think yesterday we made a mistake sending Star into portals instead of Rahal - but will elaborate on that later on). However, the aim is to push into Phase 3 with TWO portal phases. Even with unlucky skulls, it's perfectly doable to remain on ca. 20 Sanity. Melee won't need it later on. Why?

As I did it before, we had four range spots:

-------------------Yogg---------------

------range---------

-------melee--------
-------tank with adds--------- (20 yards away from Yogg minimum)

----------healers--------------

With such positioning:
- range nukes Yogg, a sec before Lunatic Gaze (important!) they turn their back to him and throw a cast or two on adds. In case of losing Sanity it's all right, because they should have ca. 60-80 Sanity if everything went fine outside in P2
- melee nukes adds, standing all the time back to Yogg (don't lose sanity at all) - have a macro targetting the Marked one and nuke him within 10 seconds
- healers stay the furthest, within healing range to the ranged, aggro all the adds with their healing, so tank has an easier job to catch them (they have to run near the tank anyway)

The tank probably has the toughest job, tanking back to Yogg as well, but catching the adds. Might lose some Sanity if he has to turn front to incoming add.

However, this way it's easily doable with 2H and 1T only. And inc dmg is not high, Sanity should be okay if ranged turn back in time (with the mouse, not keyboard). As we did it yesterday, we had almost 6 min until enrage. This fight is really like Sindy in P3, you don't rush it.
Luxaflex

Post by Luxaflex »

Agree, with Thorim would be easier, however, we have Freya up atm. So I'd like a viable strategy with Freya up - or is there a way to change the keeper after you picked one?
Luxaflex

Post by Luxaflex »

^^ in which case Yogg +0 will be most doable as well ^^
Caireann

Post by Caireann »

Seems that the brute force works fine with us, so next try should definitely be Yogg 0.
As I asked people yesterday, almost no one really needed the Sanity well, so it shouldn't be much of a difference. The only problem might be in P3 healing, as we'll have 20% less hp and healing done than it was with Freya. Nevertheless, it is doable :)
Templaar
GM [Retired]

Post by Templaar »

Caireann wrote:Seems that the brute force works fine with us, so next try should definitely be Yogg 0.
I missed it?

Buggeration. :cry: