10 man hc Anub'arak

Pre-Cataclysm raids.
Copperknot

Re: 10 man hc Anub'arak

Post by Copperknot »

Anub Add Tank Block Set

Head-

Avoidance - Tier 8.5 - Conqueror's Siegebreaker Greathelm - (Ulduar 25 Thorim or 58 Emblems of Conquest) - Copper

Block Value -Tier 9 - Hellscream's Greathelm of Triumph - (75 Emblems of Triumph & 1 Trophy of the Crusade)

Neck-

Avoidance - Nexus War Champion Beads - (Maly 25 man quest)

Block Value -Necklace of Unerring Mettle - (Ulduar 25 Kologarn) - Copper

Shoulders-

Avoidance - Tier 7.5 - Valorous Dreadnaught Pauldrons - (Naxx 25 Loatheb or Gluth) - Copper

Block Value - Sunreaver Defender's Pauldrons - (TotGC 10 Faction Champions)

Cloak-

Avoidance - Cloak of the Iron Council - (Ulduar 10 Iron Council) (BOE)

Block Value - Shadow of the Ghoul - (Naxx 25 Trash) - Copper

Chest-

Avoidance - Tier 7.5 - Valorous Dreadnaught Breastplate - (Naxx 25 Four Horsemen)

Block Value - Unbreakable Chestguard - (Ulduar 25 Auriaya)

Wrists-

Avoidance and Block Value - Bindings of the Hapless Prey - (Naxx 25 Maexxna)

Hands-

Avoidance and Block Value - Handguards of the Enclave - (Ulduar 25 Iron Council) - Copper

Waist-

Avoidance - Fleshless Girdle - (Naxx 25 Patchwerk or Gluth)

Block Value - Dragonslayer's Brace - (Ulduar 25 Razorscale) - Copper

Legs-

Avoidance and Block Value - Wyrmguard Legplates - (39 Emblem of Conquest) - Copper

Feet-

Avoidance and Block Value - Inexorable Sabatons - (Naxx 25 Anub'Rekhan or Gluth) (BoE) - Copper

Rings-

Slot 1 - Signet of the Earthshaker - (Ulduar 25 XT-002) (BoE)

Slot 2 - Band of the Traitor King - (TotC 25 Anub'Arak) - Copper

Trinkets-

Lavanthor's Talisman - (Heroic Violet Hold) (this one trinket is the absolute best for the gear set)

Purified Onyxia Blood Talisman - (Onyxia 10/25 Quest Item) - Copper

Gnomeregan Auto-Blocker 600 - (41 Badge of Justice (lvl 70 item))

Weapons-

Honor of the Fallen - (10 TotGC Anub'Arak)

Sorthalis, Hammer of the Watchers - (Ulduar 25 Hardmode XT-002)

Shields-

Avoidance - The Boreal Guard - (Ulduar 10 Hardmode Hodir)

Block Value - Aegis of the Coliseum - (TotGC 10 Anub'Arak)

Best Overall - Bulwark of Algalon - (Ulduar 25 Algalon)

Ofc the gutting thing is have previously had and DE'd the Helm, Shoulders, Cloak, Chest, Wrist, Feet and Trinkets :(

Running costs to date:

39 Triumph badges :(
2010g Gems :(
120g Armour Patch :(
50g Titanium Bars :(
80g Shoulder Enchant :(

Not including normal enchants as no need to buy mats
Rotkwa

Post by Rotkwa »

None of the BoE pieces is available on AH at the moment. Let's see if we can get Naxx run going. Maybe plan one tomorrow afternoon if hm string doesn't go ahead?
Copperknot

Post by Copperknot »

Thx to all those who helped on the Naxx run tonight; I now have a shiney new block cape. Aprt from it helping towards the Anub block set I really enjoyed it as a bit of lighter relief :D ty all.

Outstanding items req'd:

Chest-

Avoidance - Tier 7.5 - Valorous Dreadnaught Breastplate - (Naxx 25 Four Horsemen)

Block Value - Unbreakable Chestguard - (Ulduar 25 Auriaya)

Wrists-

Avoidance and Block Value - Bindings of the Hapless Prey - (Naxx 25 Maexxna)

Rings-

Slot 1 - Signet of the Earthshaker - (Ulduar 25 XT-002) (BoE)

Trinkets-

Lavanthor's Talisman - (Heroic Violet Hold) (this one trinket is the absolute best for the gear set)

Not much point putting down wpn and shield as zer to none chance of getting them lol these items though according to RAWR unbuffed will give me a unhittable of 98.3% .... 4% short of goal but I think it should suffice as the original thread this was taken from was for 25 man Anub

Edit - playing around with other items: Wall of Terror (which I have) will take me to 99.89% :D
Stumble

Post by Stumble »

gearing you up for unhittable isnt for surviving 2 adds, it's for tanking 4, so you can concentrate dps on boss on wave2 and 3 of adds in p3
the number for being unhittable is the same even though it's 10man.

dont know which elixir but there are 1 that helps getting to unhittable, it being 2% i dont know.

bit silly but our add tank goes from 40k hp to 29k hp when he is tanking anub
Syrah

Post by Syrah »

Post by Guest »

Sorry to invade your forum, Choco from Evo here. I often check out your pages for opinions on tactics, Korchink’s pointed me towards your forums when I was looking for ideas on a boss fight some time ago, I forget which.

We were lucky enough to down the big beetle last night, just before the patch hit, we tried loads of different methods but this was by far the best for us, getting him <10% frequently;

We had to stack buffs to maximise our DPS and as a result everyone was well over 5k.

Pally tank on Anub, Warrior in block set on adds.
1 Holy palla on both tanks, 1 Resto druid on party.
2 hunters, one to MD adds, the other on orbs.
1 Rogue on boss, and adds in P3.
1 Enhancement shammy, priority adds, but mostly for buffs and hero. (healer off spec)
1 Ret pally, on boss, aoe rotation.
1 Kitty, on boss.

We forced P3 with one burrow, but had enough DPS to save heroism until P3.

P1; we nuked down the first two adds which were tanked underneath the boss.
Warrior used stuns to interrupt add casts. Full DPS on the boss until he burrowed, then nuke down the last 2 big adds. Boss at 55% roughly. 4 patches of ice down.

P2;, Grouped up to AOE bugs, pursued member kite as far away as pos without dying. At the end of P2 drop the last two orbs.

P1 part 2, burn down the next 25%.

P3; Same positioning as P1, keep no more than 2 add’s up, you’ll need to free up the healers. Don’t try and keep party at minimum heals, go nut’s you’ll need it to keep them alive.

Pally’s use raid wall to ease the healing, and a stun rotation with the warrior on the adds to keep them out of the fight, we popped heroism when the second raid wall was down. Tanks popped indestructible pot’s at the start of P3, DPS saved a health pot, we didn’t use speed pots, and our shammy threw in some chain heals when things looked bad.

hope this helps
Copperknot

Post by Copperknot »

The good news: :)

Ok played around with gear and presently sat at an un-raid buffed unhittable rating of 98.35% (102.4% req'd overall) but also drops my hit rating down to practically nothing, will be interesting to see how this works.

The bad news: :(

Still no joy on the VH trinket though

Running costs to date:

39 Triumph badges
2010g Gems
120g Armour Patch
50g Titanium Bars
80g Shoulder Enchant
150g Titansteel Bar
My sanity

Not including normal enchants as no need to buy mats

---------------------------------------------------------

Will try and fish up some slippery eel for the 30 dodge rating

Any alchys have:

Battle Elixir - Elixir of Mighty Agility (45 Agility)

Defense Elixir - Elixir of Mighty Defense (45 Defence)

As these may make all the difference

Thanks

Copper

EDIT: Got 20 Eels
Fungi

Post by Fungi »

I'm pretty sure every alchemist can make those. I'm pretty sure Fungi can at least.

A.
If you want to be or have more than average, you need to work/learn/invest more than average!
Awesomeness, it can't be taught !
"Where the brave may live forever" - V.
Luxaflex

Post by Luxaflex »

Can do too, on all 3 alchemists. Copp - dont worry about mats, Ill get you those elixirs. I'll have them tonight.

/edit
Just mailed you 12 of each.
Korchinks

Post by Korchinks »

The Perfect Tank:

Triumph badges - 39
Gems - $2010
Armour Patch - $120
Titanium Bars - $50
Shoulder Enchant - $80

Watching Copperknot go insane whilst putting needs of the guild before himself......................... priceless :lol:

Seriously though Copper - great effort, even better result, give me a whistle for VH runs.

EDIT: Choco from Evolution Of Old is a good (and trusted) wow friend of mine, great guys over there (Dlorddiablo and Ryfor live there), we chat often and raid alts most reset days - Thank you for your post :)

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one