10 man hc Anub'arak

Pre-Cataclysm raids.
Syrah

10 man hc Anub'arak

Post by Syrah »

Blueshaman

Re: 10 man hc Anub'arak

Post by Blueshaman »

It was as I suspected a hard fight and certainly not a favorable fight to heal for a shaman.
According to some of the links above a paladin healer is pretty much mandatory if you go with 2 healers. It was hard frustrating and at times disappointing to see ppl die because you couldnt heal them in time. But at the same time its was FUN as hell :D

Cyaz Blues
Luxaflex

Post by Luxaflex »

Sorry Blues - but I disagree :), don't 'need' a pala for it. Any combination of preferably 2 different healers can do this. Healers that can heal on the run (priests, druid) are handier during burrown, while huge output healers are better during non-burrow. 1 good single target healer plus 1 good aoe healer is the only thing needed, whatever class that is is not important.

I 2-healed with Elania and hit phase 3 (that's where the real pain starts) 2 times. Healing wasn't the problem really (to get there). Perfect kiting and good focussed dps gets you to P3. A retri pala a/o shadowpriest is very helpful for phase 1/2. Shadowpriest should not use VE in P3 cause he will heal himself too much. So apply once at start and don't refresh. A shaman's healing stream totem is SUPER in phase 3. Holy pala's have Holy Shock I believe which is great in P3 as well. Disc can bubble ppl that are around 10% health, druids can use downranked hots on raid. Imo all healing classes have shortcomings and huge benefits in certain phases of this fight. Mimiron hardmode has been healed with 2 shamans. That's a fight that's ten times harder than this one, healing-wise.
Blueshaman

Post by Blueshaman »

Yeah the kiting part is a toughie especially if the aoe healer has to run away(chased by Anub) which happened a few times yesterday. If I go to this fight again Im gonna change to healing stream totem glyph aswell.
Changed to LHW glyph yesterday and things got abit easier. My biggest problem at the moment is that Im in between builds so to speak. Just waiting for some more T9 so I can get haste up to about 800(just short of 550 at the moment)and some serious buffing of all stats aswell.
I will definatly try this fight again when given the opportunity its great fun ;)

Cyaz Blues

P.S
Now if I only could remember the name of the addon that showed you latency corrected spellcasting bar.
D.S
Fungi

Post by Fungi »

Quartz

A.
If you want to be or have more than average, you need to work/learn/invest more than average!
Awesomeness, it can't be taught !
"Where the brave may live forever" - V.
Blueshaman

Post by Blueshaman »

Ty that will help me alot:)

Cyaz Blues
Syrah

Post by Syrah »

P3
Shadowpriest should not use VE in P3 cause he will heal himself too much
Not sure if this is true all tertiary healing is useful in p3. Shadow priests must however be careful of using mind sear too much and to use mind blast on cd to keep healing debuff up. They will heal themselves more than the group is true but I've seen videos where it is up and they have had a kill. In fact look at the last post here http://www.mmo-champion.com/raid-dungeo ... =printpage and Blue notice the healing set up.

Anyone without penetrating cold should not be healed by healers or as little as possible, holy shock and holy nova come to mind if it is necessary. Groups should be set so melee have JoL and caster groups healing stream totem or VE or any tertiarty healing that can be found.

I won't be downranking anything in p3 on hm. I'll be equiping glyph on rejuvenation for greater ticks below 50% health for those with pc. This is the phase everyone should be using healthpots, healthstones, defensive cds such as iceblock but only if they are about to die (that's 250-500 health left and not before). Use your nature resist potion once you are below 30% health not before.

Tank should keep his health giving cds for after the first 7 seconds in p3

P2
Kiting still needs practice. My advice would be get all frost patches down and kill those scarabs the second the burrowers are dead otherwise healers become overwhelmed by the number of debuffs on people. Kite the scarabs over the ice if they are after you.
P1
Really really need those burrowers on top of Anub for incidental aoe damage on him.

Syrah
Blueshaman

Post by Blueshaman »

Food for thought :) Lots of practice needed and some serious thinking on how to optimize performance. Normal runs tends to downgrade awareness it seems. No more faceroll,gung ho on the toes gaming needed ;) So looking forward to more of this kind of playing.

Cyaz Blues
Fagan

Post by Fagan »

One tip for the scarabs in p2 is (if one is in the raid) to have a rogue use Anestetic poison and FoK to stop the enraged adds causing healing stress.

The rogue could set up a weapon switch macro and have the weapon ready poisoned in their bag, so to make a quick swap for p2 and back again for anub.

I'll sort one out for myself for next time I'm there :)
'Certainty of death. Small chance of success. What are we waiting for?'

Syrah

Post by Syrah »

Anyone think this :
When the boss hits 35% or so, if you’re using commanding shout, it should be renewed, and right afterward everyone except the tanks should use the following macro:

/cancelaura prayer of fortitude
/cancelaura commanding shout

This will reduce the amount of health the boss can leech from the raid. Leeching swarm always hits for at least 350 damage every second, so everyone in the raid except for tanks should get healed atleast that much.
is a good idea?

Syrah