10 man hc Anub'arak

Pre-Cataclysm raids.
Fungi

Re: 10 man hc Anub'arak

Post by Fungi »

It's not a bad idea, but I think the effect is very limited.

The macro will make him heal the first couple of times a little bit less, but when healers start to keep people at 20% or so, the macro's effect will have worn of.

Also... making people click a macro they don't use a lot will cause them to lose at least 1 second of time they could've been casting something. The amount of damage lost is probably comparible amount of healing he takes less :)

A.
If you want to be or have more than average, you need to work/learn/invest more than average!
Awesomeness, it can't be taught !
"Where the brave may live forever" - V.
Syrah

Post by Syrah »

I don't think a cancel aura macro triggers the gcd does it ? Sadly I do on reflection think asking people do something that isn't in their normal rotation is probably not worth it.

Syrah
Sarri

Post by Sarri »

JoL isnt a problem, easily done and last time I checked it worked for casters too, anyone who hits the mob...

I read elsewhere (cant check now... at work) that a bear tank had specced out of the self-healing talent just for this fight as it healed too much o_O

GL tonite!!!
Giruy

Post by Giruy »

Phase 1 and 2 pretty much sorted and as we can get to phase 3 with only 1 burrow, the enrage timer is not an issue either. Now we just need a viable tactic for the transition into and the completion of phase 3.
Maths problem of the day:
If George is 73 and his girlfriend is 26,
How much money does George have?
Luxaflex

Post by Luxaflex »

As posted on various other forums about this fight: Phase 3 is totally a healer fight.

Phase 1 and phase 2 seemed very well under control with this group. Emphasizing on kill order after he comes up again: little adds > 1st set of big adds > Anub, plus the very high dps once all got familiar to this fight make those 2 phases a non-issue. Losing someone is not an option however! Think we had a group yesterday which executed P1 and 2 near perfect repeatedly. Once we had phase 2 with 10 people, this happened almost everytime with 10 people up. Tho hard to heal after Anub comes up (same dmg plus 4-5 people with that annoying debuff), that's easily doable.

The real trouble is phase transition on the one hand: get the remaining big adds down, or at least one, but do this before Anub submerges for a second time. And then P3 itself starts - a healer's nightmare: all health dropping incredibly fast with 2 tanks taking huge damage, penetrating cold debuff coming up on people. It will take some more tries for healers to work out a viable strategy to heal P3. For now, assuming it'll be me & Syrah next try, and Copp having a block-set to tank adds (and thus needing not a lot of healing:

Lux/MT/3 dps in G1, Syrah/OT/3 dps in G2. We both have an aoe heal which we will have to use. Having the OT tank adds close to the raid (with a block set) will guarantee both of our aoe heals to land. We should alternate our heals with priority: Tank - PC debuff - aoe heal - top off tank - pc debuff - aoe heal. This is imo the best way to work, even tho the aoe heals can be quite huge. Simply cannot afford the gcd's to single target heal. Biggest help here is offheals by dps: JoL, Healing totem, and discussable: feral druid's ILotP and shadowpriest's VE.

We were close to a kill yesterday but gonna need a lot of phase 3's to down him
Bagheeris

Post by Bagheeris »

Cancelaura does not trigger GCD but it does not really make any difference - Leeching Swarm takes 30% of your current HP at hard, so 350 minimum hardly comes into play. Plus you need to keep 2 tanks and 2 persons with Penetrating Cold at much higher HP all the time. Check logs for average ticks. That's alot of healing. Plus quick reaction on PC otherwise the very first tick is probably lethal. My guild does Anub10HC with 3 healers ...

Also, don't use Nature resist pots, it's one-time effect. If anything, Frost resist pots for PC.
Luxaflex

Post by Luxaflex »

hey Bag :)

Going with 2 healers caused us to reach P3 with only 1 burrow and control little and big adds quite well. I'm afraid subbing out a dps will cause trouble for us. Your dps in 10-raid is probably much higher. Could you forward a log of a kill with 3 healers? So far we 2 healed the entire hardmode even while not recommended. It's Anub where you read going back to 2 healers is the way to go.

I also realised I didn't have any mana trouble, so I think I should maximize haste and spellpower. I also should bring renew as mainspell on raid for P3 probably......
Bagheeris

Post by Bagheeris »

Anub 10HC with 3 healers:
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/n9xi ... 800&e=4079

There were kills with 2 healers as well but it's doable with 3 if you have strong dps. For the record, i have not yet killed Anub 10HC, i don't belong to the "elite" group :twisted:
Luxaflex

Post by Luxaflex »

Should have stayed here then :p - thx for the log, Ill take a look, especially interested in comparing dps. Cyas :)