Instructor Razuvious

Pre-Cataclysm raids.
Emesis

Re: Instructor Razuvious

Post by Emesis »

I thought the mind grew stronger as the body grew older ?(or something)
Krid

Post by Krid »

Tokk wrote:According to that thread +hit and shadow talents is not a factor on these adds, so dont mind my comments earlier in this thread. Very strange though that Erians MC often broke, while mine did not. We did the same thing, and we were standing the same place.
Maybe the mechanics of mind control work different for this fight but this is what I found in this post http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.htm ... 1&pageNo=1:
  • Mind control duration is partly controlled by distance. The farther your 'pet' is from you, the higher the chance of breaking.
  • Shadow Affinity and Shadow Focus affect the duration and aggro gained from mind control. If your into heavy controlling both are highly suggested to make your life and group's life easier.
  • Mind control can break early even if channeled bar is still somewhat full. A break is checked vs level/distance/resistances of target every x amount of seconds
If the mechanics are different and +hit is not a factor and you where standing at the same place (same distance to MC mob), the only thing I can think of is that Tokk takes less damage due to his shadowform. If you take less dmg, mc will break less.

I don't know if the Glyph of mind control is usesfull here.
Hammerwharf

Post by Hammerwharf »

I wore about 350 hit to be on the safe side, and had one break.

Initially Tokk and I discussed calling for taunts but a much better system is simply to taunt whenever you can, so the boss should ping pong every cooldown. The only tricky part is having to reapply mind control, which needs to be done about 3 times in the fight. I ran my guy far away till mc broke and picked him up asap, but usually the offtank had to get him first.

Just need to yell out when you're going to do this so the ot and other priest knows, if both priests release at once then it'd be a wipe most likely.

The actual tanking is very easy, hit armour, hit taunt, hit attack.
Giruy

Post by Giruy »

Nice job by both of you guys last night, well done :)
Maths problem of the day:
If George is 73 and his girlfriend is 26,
How much money does George have?