Icecrown Citadel 1 - Lord Marrowgar

Pre-Cataclysm raids.
Greylock

Icecrown Citadel 1 - Lord Marrowgar

Post by Greylock »

Abilities

Bone Spike Graveyard
Hurls a massive bone spike which impales 3 target s. Deals 10% health per second for 5 minutes or until killed. Bone Spikes have ~38k health.

Bone Storm
Attacks nearby enemies in a whirlwind of bone. Does instant damage as well as a bleed damage every 3 seconds for 15 seconds.

Coldflame
A line of blue flame crawls at a ranged target. Deals Frost Damage.

Saber Lash
Splits 300% of normal melee damage between a target and its two nearest allies. Also adds a debuff that prevents being targeted by Bone Spikes.

Raid Composition Requirements: minimum 3Tanks

For Lord Marrowgar, 1 tank grabs aggro and pulls LM back to the circle in the center of the room and turns him away from the raid. The 2 off tanks stack on top of the tank to help soak Saber Lash.

For the melee to easily avoid the Cold Flame, all melee must stack to one side of the boss off at a 45degree angle while the ranged and healers spread out on the opposite 45degree angle behind the boss.

Phase One

Lord Marrorgar will target at intervals impale 3 targets (not including the tanks) which the dps must switch to the nearest spike to nuke it down, this is not limited to only melee on melee spike and so on. Dps characters must use there best judgment to which of the three spikes they nuke.

Phase Two

Lord Marrorgar will cast Bone Storm. Bone storm does damage when it hits a player as well as puts a Bleed on the target that last for 15 seconds. Since he also cast Cold Flame during this phase, it is best if everyone stays out of range to avoid getting hit.

Lord Marrorgar will target a random player to which he will travel to the location of. Once there the boss will cast a Cold Flame in four directions (12, 3, 6 and 9 to which he is facing) then select a new target to follow and repeat this sequence. It is possible for Ranged to DPS during Phase 2, but avoiding Bone Storm and Cold Flame are first priority. Once Bone Storm is finished, aggro is wiped and the Main Tank must re-establish aggro, so DPS should focus on getting into position before they begin DPSing to allow the tank to build up a lead. Bone storm currently lasts 30-45secs on the Ptr realm; the exact time will be confirmed as soon as possible.
Syrah

Re: Icecrown Citadel 1 - Lord Morrogar

Post by Syrah »

Ok here we go with the Strats/Vids

http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f128/584 ... unter.html
http://www.stratfu.com/videos/vodka-vs-lord-marrowgar

Healers: Bone Spike and Bone Cyclone on your raids frames please. Yuo also might like to consider Cold Flame and Whirlwind

3 bone strikes at a time in 25 man.

Word is he's very Easy.

Syrah
Fungi

Re: Icecrown Citadel 1 - Lord Marrowgar

Post by Fungi »

This guy isn't hard, yet yesterday we seemed to wipe 12 times (or so) on him.

Sadly, I forgot to make a WWS, so I'm not sure what exactly the problem was, but it looked to me it was just bad play. People not targetting boned people fast enough. People standing in the blue-ey flames of death a bit too long. People being away from the rest of the group too much.

For p1:
I think we need to rethink how we approach this guy. I don't think the spreading out in p1 is necessary much. We don't need to spread from left to right across the entire room. Actually, I think it's better to spread as little as possible, since then most of the dps will be in range of you when you get boned. This also means that the healers need to stay in range of as many dps as possible. Ofcourse, some spreading in p1 is still needed to avoid having to move from flames all the time, but we don't need to overdo it.

For p2:
If you're running from a guy.. do not run to a spot where you'll meet certain death if he targets you next. I saw a couple of people being way in the right corner yesterday and when they got targetted they had nowhere to go but die.

For p2->p1 transition:
Something seemed different compared to other tries. I saw non-tanks getting aggro quiet a lot (and not only by dps but even by healers). This to me implies that picking him up with 'taunt' might not be the best idea all the time (if everyone stops dots and dps, your taunt will give you the threat of the highest threat character, which would be 0 (ideally). This means you have the 3 seconds (?!, or however long taunt lasts) to do some high-threat moves on him. Probably best not waste them on backpeddling if you can't combine the 2). I think high-threatmoves are probably best to pick him up. Don't depend on the MD, but try to handle it without one too. I am however not a tank, so I might be completely of here.

A.

Ps. If we want a shot at hardmodes when they release, we seriously need to get execution on the simple bosses as good as possible.

PPs. I know we brought in Healander on the last 2 attempts too, so it might have been an issue of being a bit light on healers. We should try and spot those things a bit earlier if that's the case.
If you want to be or have more than average, you need to work/learn/invest more than average!
Awesomeness, it can't be taught !
"Where the brave may live forever" - V.
Korchinks

Post by Korchinks »

Agree Fungi, basic errors last night:

Spread out too far

Not targetting/nuking the bone spikes quick enough (although last 3 tries this was perhaps more like it should be)

Some difficulties in the whirlwind type phase.

Problem I saw here was that the other two kills we had on this guy appeared more luck than judgement - even through poor play we killed him, last night we got what we deserved and perhaps what we should of had on our first ever raid there.

But in the end we had a nice kill and a the Lady went down in just two (I think) tries - so it showed that we had the skillz to succeed, here comes the old phrase again, we just need to FOCUS :)

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one
Luxaflex

Post by Luxaflex »

About the healers, until we're all a bit better geared 6 might be the way to go. All went fine each time - in terms of healing intended dmg - until a healer got boned. That means one healer less on tanks, if its a tank healer that got boned, TWO healers less on tanks. Six was really much more doable - and thx for switching G. btw!
Giruy

Post by Giruy »

This is a simple fight.

Yesterdays attempts were indeed poor for the simple fact that players are just not following simple rules:

1. Do not stand in fire (regardless of colour).
2. Do not stand in fire (regardless of colour).

I’m no saint as I did get caught myself a few times, usually because I was too close to move in time or I was in the middle of a cast (which is still no excuse).

Others have no excuse, I saw players run through it/stay in it until dead/stay in it for multiple casts.

It’s not hard to see tbh, it’s a great big blue flame AND you’re standing in it, MOVE.

All the additional healing is a pain and distracts the healing team from their primary goal of keeping the tanks alive. Even when I came on Healander to help out, people were still doing it. So after umpteen attempts, people still hadn’t learnt (though Spikes were dealt with better).

As Fungi points out, we have to get the fundamentals right or we’ve no hope of doing the heroics when they become available.

Finally, here’s a thought, If Easy were a hard core guild, take a look at your play and think to yourself “How fast would I be benched/gkicked/fail trial if I keep standing in fire?”
Maths problem of the day:
If George is 73 and his girlfriend is 26,
How much money does George have?
Mirari

Post by Mirari »

From a tank pov the hardest part (for a warrior tank) is the picking him up after a phase change. A taunt alone is idd not enough because the slightest heal, dot or dps will get him move to that aggro'er and lash down anyone near that person. A heroic throw is always added right after my taunt (if the boss is in range for it (30yard) and if the 1 minute cooldown is ran out). A specialized tank is idd not counting on a MD, infact a tank never likes to depend on something out of his own hands or control but it is a great addition if it's available. The worst thing happening is if someone starts to dps or heal heavily while the boss is moving into my melee range while my taunt and heroic throw where just used and i'm unable to build threat cause of out-of-melee-range. Because the last whirlwind target was on the other side of the room and i already had to run through half of the room to get in taunt and heroic throw range. And the first thing you hear over vent is that the boss is not tanked in the middle of the room where it should be and thus ranged ppl can't move or stand where they used to be.
Sarri

Post by Sarri »

Just in case anyone was still in any doubt...

Again courtesy of http://dreambound-druid.blogspot.com/20 ... owgar.html

Love these strats :lol:
Lithasola

Post by Lithasola »

:mrgreen: