Icecrown Citadel 4 - Deathbringer Saurfang.

Pre-Cataclysm raids.
Giruy

Re: Icecrown Citadel 4 - Deathbringer Saurfang.

Post by Giruy »

Calls out "Feast, my minions!" just before he summons them.
Maths problem of the day:
If George is 73 and his girlfriend is 26,
How much money does George have?
Vitki

Post by Vitki »

"Chains of Ice" work very well for slowing the adds.
Seralath

Post by Seralath »

Not sure if anything new can be gleened from this, but for ease of reference:

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zJGlNCxfgPs&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zJGlNCxfgPs&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/youtube]
Rexxor

Post by Rexxor »

As far as i could understand this probably doesnt effect us, how we do Scarfang, just wanna throw this is anyways :)

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/12/2197150 ... otfix.html

Deathbringer Saurfang's Rune of Blood has been modified to heal 10 times the amount of damage dealt instead of 5 times the damage. This will make the encounter more difficult if you try to tank Saurfang with just one character. The tooltip does not reflect this change, but it will in a future patch.

And the ressing exploit, doesnt work anymore, ive read it some where, and now we tested it to be sure :) no dice :(
Luxaflex

Post by Luxaflex »

I read up again on this fight. A tricky tactic came to mind, which can work very well provided Blood Nova does not stack Bloodpower on the boss or heals him. Tooltip does not say so.......anyways: abuse Blood Nova (not to be mixed up by Bloodboil, which I did): deals app. 8-10K dmg to ppl nearby and increases their dmg by 300% for 10 seconds. We will need 6 healers for it, for now. What do we do?

1.) 2 healers on the left, 2 healers on the right, 2 with the melee group. side healers should be a bit further away from the boss than the ranged dps (see 4.)
2.) tanks (2 instead of 3?) tank where we do now
3.) melee as normal
4.) all ranged dps group up in the center, with a slowing mage, grounding totem a/o frost trap in front of them.

How to execute?

a.) Healers will get some more aoe healing to deal with, but nothing we cannot handle;
b.) Ranged with a Mark moves out of the group and goes stand somewhere safe and dps from there; Mark plus Blood Nova dmg might kill that person (and thus heal the boss);
c.) Healer with BloodNova moves into dps grp quickly for just a few seconds until the Nova spreads - then back to position;

If this all works, we will see occasional 100k raid dmg when Nova spreads, but this is very well healable. In return, we receive HUGE dps boosts. Those boosts can be used to nuke adds harder and boss. Imagine Killshots and DrainSoul with the boss under 20% while under BloodNova effect.........

I might be seeing things totally wrong or this might be a very nice way to do this fight - comments plz :)
Fungi

Post by Fungi »

Blood Nova: 2 BP is gained per person hit by Blood Nova. Blood Nova has a twelve yard radius. Similar to General Vezax and Shadow Crash, Deathbringer will first target ranged if a sufficient number of individuals are at range.
This is what I got of some site and I think it's pretty accurate. I can't find the 300% damage increase anywhere btw.

A.
If you want to be or have more than average, you need to work/learn/invest more than average!
Awesomeness, it can't be taught !
"Where the brave may live forever" - V.
Syrah

Post by Syrah »

Scent of Blood you mean?

Syrah
Fungi

Post by Fungi »

Scent of Blood is most likely the buff Luxa is talking about. From what I can find, the blood beasts only cast this buff in heroic modes.

A.
If you want to be or have more than average, you need to work/learn/invest more than average!
Awesomeness, it can't be taught !
"Where the brave may live forever" - V.
Erian
Raid Leader

Post by Erian »

Sooner or later we need to play this better.

http://www.stratfu.com/strats/deathbrin ... g-3-3-live

Note that in heroic mode you can't (easily) let anyone with Mark of the Champion die.
Start every day off with a smile and get it over with.