Icecrown Citedal 5 - Festergut.

Pre-Cataclysm raids.
Erian
Raid Leader

Re: Icecrown Citedal 5 - Festergut.

Post by Erian »

1. Positioning. We had late tries yesterday with H back outside at the edge and so ranged keeping 10 yards distant. There is just no excuse for getting this wrong. I don't care whether its a new person on the edge or not. The fixed person doesn't move (can't move if it's a H otherwise). Ranged just keep moving until you're 10 yards away on /range.

2. Healing is quite stressed, though manageable with 6H. We had one H on grp 3 ranged, another H on grp 4 ranged and grp 5 healers, one H hotting Ts and healers where possible, one H ffa on melee splashing to Ts and two Hs on Ts splashing to melee. Easy to go oom. At last a use for Priest's Hymn of Hope: there is a relatively slack time between the 2nd and 3rd inhales when this can be cast.

3. DBM does report a stack of 3 inhales, but it is switched off by default. Those involved in saves need to activate it. We need to plan for two 3-inhale events, one for each T.
Start every day off with a smile and get it over with.
Templaar
GM [Retired]

Post by Templaar »

There is still some confusion when multiple spores occur in the same group.
Since DBM marks the spored players as {skull}, {cross}, {square}, it may help to always have skull move to the tank, cross to ranged group 1 and square to ranged 2 for example.
Sarri

Post by Sarri »

I thought of suggesting that last night but skull may not necessarily be in melee group... but I spose it shouldnt matter if all have a set place to go.
Zuzza

Post by Zuzza »

Well hve set places wont work people will end up runing out out of a perfect spore group just to be in another.Our only problem last night was not enough DPS.Atleast i now know we need atleast 8 people who need to be on the outside :)
Sarri

Post by Sarri »

Zuzza wrote:Well hve set places wont work people will end up runing out out of a perfect spore group just to be in another.
And thats why I didnt suggest it :)
Fungi

Post by Fungi »

I heared you guys got him down yesterday ! YAY !

I was wondering what the difference was with the attempts on friday. What squeezed out that 2.8% extra dps we needed ? Was it different positioning, or different people being in ranged/melee ?

A.
If you want to be or have more than average, you need to work/learn/invest more than average!
Awesomeness, it can't be taught !
"Where the brave may live forever" - V.
Copperknot

Post by Copperknot »

Fungi wrote:I heared you guys got him down yesterday ! YAY !

I was wondering what the difference was with the attempts on friday. What squeezed out that 2.8% extra dps we needed ? Was it different positioning, or different people being in ranged/melee ?

A.
I went D :P
Erian
Raid Leader

Post by Erian »

We went with 5H and Lux went shadow with VE. Every try over the last few raids we have improved and nearly all of us have practised on 10-man, so its not really a surprise. Its a fight where D have to maximise their dps and they do that partly by knowing when they can stand a nuke and when they can't. Plus, the H understand how and where to heal a bit better, so we have fewer random deaths during periods of stress. Plus we sorted out saves better. For H it really is essential to get 3rd impale warnings from dbm. Really this is a pretty easy boss, much easier than Rotface imo.
Start every day off with a smile and get it over with.
Sarri

Post by Sarri »

Tbh, and cheers to you here Copp, putting sunder into yr rotation upped ALL the melee dps CONSIDERABLY. I did 1k more dps than normal on the kill fight. I think thats really what tipped the balance after all the prior wipes...

Synergy... gotta have it. :)