Pre-Cataclysm raids.
Lithasola

Re: Icecrown Citedal 6 - Rotface.

Post by Lithasola »

Ahh thnx syrah :) I should have linked both :roll:
Luxaflex

Post by Luxaflex »

Gladion wrote:I rather not install mods that aren't needed. You can clearly see from dbm when you have infection.
QFT. If you don't need it, dont install it. But as someone else said, it can help a lot and it's quite lightweight in usage anyways. It depends on how you process information as well. For me, at Festergut for example, a blue frame in my Vuhdo is easier & faster to process than a big yellow flashing warning saying "Mutilated Infection on: Gladion". How ppl get their info is indeed totally irrelevant, just as long as they are sure they get the important info in a not-to-miss spot.

With the spores on Festergut, having the marks visible in the raidframe, you see immediate if the mark is on a healer or a tank. Which can make someone with a spore help deciding what to do much quicker. For me. Again, if someone knows a better way for himself how to deal with stuff - go ahead please.

And if you dont wanna have addons that are not needed, and thus reduce the number of addons present: (I don't know for Grid) Vuhdo replaces Ora2, Decursive, Blizzard's raid frames. It provides range information, can be used for any spell, including hostile ones on target-of-target (handy for some healing classes).

I'm not advertising Vuhdo here, altho it looks that way. All we all care about is bosses down :)
Bagheeris

Post by Bagheeris »

We need to improve handling of small oozes. Mistakes i think i noticed yesterday:
- Running back to the centre before the small ooze merges with the big one, dragging the small one behind.
- Running close to another small ooze, creating 2nd big one while the ooze tank is still busy tanking the 1st.
- Running into quadrants which are going to be flooded

So when you get diseased:
- Look around the room where is the big ooze.
- Always keep away from green pools. Their damage area is slightly larger than the graphic suggests. If you see green liquid flowing from pipes, move from that quadrant.
- If there is no big ooze and no small ooze yet, just run out of the centre to the ooze tank.
- If there is already one small ooze (but just one), run to it. Wait till the two small oozes merge then run back. Ooze tank takes over.
- If there is already a big ooze, look at which direction it is moving and get in front of it. Wait till the small ooze merges, run back.
- Never move to a big ooze if there is still another small ooze nearby. You may need to wait a few seconds, somethimes oozes are "lazy" to merge. Avoid getting two small oozes close to each other (except when there is no big one yet).
- Unrelated suggestion: stay very closely clustered behind boss legs to minimise the area which is showered when the big ooze explodes.
Korchinks

Post by Korchinks »

yeah avoiding the spray is basic stuff, people should move if DBM tell you it's coming and Roface is staring at you, the AoE is like cone of cold - so best to move when he turns so you are (or remain) behind him.

Standing on top of the tank is not a great place to be either.

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one