Icecrown Citadel 7 - Professor Putricide.

Pre-Cataclysm raids.
Luxaflex

Re: Icecrown Citadel 7 - Professor Putricide.

Post by Luxaflex »

for 10 men:
As this can be quite healing intensive at some points, I prefer not to have a healer assigned to call out names to pick up the disease from the center. It goes well 90% of the time, but there's a chance healers really need to focus on keeping everyone up. A ranged dps prefers. If everyone has Vent incl. a mic, it becomes much easier ("Caireann come get disease" i.e.). On our first kill we did not have a order btw - we just had ranged without a debuff running in and picking it up. This worked well - but it only does if you can trust everyone in the raid to watch his/her debuff and actually pick up the disease at some point.

OT: There's some lag on vent often, which is not nice on some fights. Mumble does not seem to have this problem - totally lagfree - should we look into this and maybe test it on 10 men a few times?
Giruy

Post by Giruy »

Hard Mode Strategy:

http://manaflask.com/Andruka/blog/4816/

Addon:

PhoenixStyle

PhoenixStylePutricideArrow (may not work as it has AVR as a dependency, worth checking though)

If I'm raid leading, this will be the strategy used; I would suggest that other raid leaders also adopt this for continuity purposes.
Maths problem of the day:
If George is 73 and his girlfriend is 26,
How much money does George have?
Sarri

Post by Sarri »

Interesting take on Prof 25 hc (maybe PoW can add something here about it, it may seem familiar to him):

Ranged are spread out slightly (not all bunched up in one spot) and its up to the person with the plague to pass it on to the next (and not the incoming person to go and get it), ensuring that they dont pass it on to someone with the aura debuff...

Yes it places heavy onus on players and their awareness, but the plagued person is probably the one with the most time (at that point) to look around.

Discuss. :)
Fungi

Post by Fungi »

The problem will occur when people are collapsing for the green ooze to divide the damage. They'll be blown everywhere or be clustered, thus causing the plague to not be spread or spread 50 times :)

I dont think it'll differ too much in the end though, so its worth a shot.

On another note: I never got why we had the bitten people run towards the unbitten people on BQL instead of the other way around, since then you lose a lot of DPS in a fight that's basicly a dps race.... but hey :P

A.
If you want to be or have more than average, you need to work/learn/invest more than average!
Awesomeness, it can't be taught !
"Where the brave may live forever" - V.
Erian
Raid Leader

Post by Erian »

Fungi wrote:On another note: I never got why we had the bitten people run towards the unbitten people on BQL instead of the other way around, since then you lose a lot of DPS in a fight that's basicly a dps race.... but hey :P
A.
:shock: We always have the unbitten running to the bitten.
Start every day off with a smile and get it over with.