Icecrown Citadel 7 - Professor Putricide.

Pre-Cataclysm raids.
Giruy

Re: Icecrown Citadel 7 - Professor Putricide.

Post by Giruy »

Korchinks wrote:We (Evo) managed to get putricide down last night - we did not use the standing by green ooze approach and we needed over 2mins 45seconds in P3 to beat the enrage timer with 98% of raid still alive (we actually had 3mins but killed him with seconds to spare). We were fortunate enough to have 3 Tree's, a kitty and Boomkin in raid so plenty of combat ressies were available (and used).

Tips for warlocks/mages/Hunters if targetted by green ooze, to be done just before they reach them, Disengage (or FD?), Iceblock or use portal - this buys more DPS time while it select a new target before it erupts.
How many healers did you guys take Korch? that seems a very long time to be in P3 for, the tank stacks must have been pretty large at that point.

Edit: Quick calculation of time taken suggests 16 stacks over your 3 tanks, thats a huge amount of raid damage.
Maths problem of the day:
If George is 73 and his girlfriend is 26,
How much money does George have?
Karast

Post by Karast »

2mins 45seconds is mathematically impossible unless you had a tank/s dieing during P3, ressed and then making over the health refund of the boss by shear DPS.
Still sounds a little tough to me.
Korchinks

Post by Korchinks »

Dear all,

I hope you do not mind me sharing with you what I discovered - just drop me a PM if you prefer I refrain from infecting the strats pages.

@ G - none of the healers were complaining, we swapped Erian for Ossa to boost DPS

@Karast - Not entirely sure what you are implying, so I asked, it was 3T and 5H (I don't recall a T dying) - we had a 1% wipe with 2m 37s left at start of P3, so your maths is wrong somewhere.

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one
Erian
Raid Leader

Post by Erian »

5H seemed ample to me from our early tries. Plus 2H is enough on 10-man, that's usually the clue that 5H in 25-man is enough. As far as I recall (shaky, as a dps I was ofc glued to meters) our Ts taunted at 2 stacks and screamed at 3 stacks.
Start every day off with a smile and get it over with.
Giruy

Post by Giruy »

The point myself an karast are making is that the tanks get a debuff every 10 seconds, so 2:45 is 160 seconds ergo 16 debuffs, that should be more than ample to kill any tank and the raid. Im guessing were losing too many healers as P3 progresses to keep everyone and the tanks up.
Maths problem of the day:
If George is 73 and his girlfriend is 26,
How much money does George have?
Templaar
GM [Retired]

Post by Templaar »

More stacks=more raid damage=more splat
Korchinks

Post by Korchinks »

Giruy wrote:The point myself an karast are making is that the tanks get a debuff every 10 seconds, so 2:45 is 160 seconds ergo 16 debuffs, that should be more than ample to kill any tank and the raid. Im guessing we're losing too many healers as P3 progresses to keep everyone and the tanks up.
Ahh I see, edited post, I am inclined to agree with your hypothesis (FYI 3xtree 1xdisco 1xshammy was our composition).

Talk to Scala in game (Evo Tank) he's a top guy and can explain the stack rotation we used if ya need.

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one
Fagan

Post by Fagan »

Anyway, back to topic....

I don't think 4T is needed for this fight. The main reason we lost people in P3 was due to the tanks kiting and people not being aware enough of the choking gas cloud/Malleable Goo.

He needs to be moved as he cast the Flasks, because anyone hit by the explosion will be knocked back (probably into slime) hit for 16k dmg and have their hit reduced by 75% for 15 seconds! There seems to be some thought out there that standing on them makes them explode (from what I've heard over vent). As far as I can find this isn't the case, they will just explode after 20 seconds, hitting anyone within 10yrds. When they are first cast they pulse aoe dmg within 3yrs and give the hit debuff to anyone in that range. So yes, standing on them is bad, but it doesn't make them explode.
Stratfu wrote:Tanks
It is your responsibility to move the boss away from the orange vials. If you don't, its not melee's fault. Its yours. Melee needs to move away from the vials as they do 6k aoe damage and explode for ~18k, so just dont sniff the fumes. The big issue is the 75% hit rating debuff which nerfs your dps into the ground for 15 seconds.
So basically the tanks need to move him as he casts the Flasks, but not so far or fast as that the dps can't keep up. /cast choking gas cloud - move boss 12/15 yards - nuke - rinse and repeat. Also if he is moved to fast then we will be overwhelmed by the slime pools. Not an easy job, granted :)

You may of seen in the logs people dying from the tank debuff, but this wasn't generally the debuff alone. It was a case of a lot of people getting hit by the flasks or by the goo for 16-20k and the debuff finishing them off. Obviously people getting hit by the flasks makes healing near impossible. I have read strats that suggest 4H in 25.
'Certainty of death. Small chance of success. What are we waiting for?'

Fungi

Post by Fungi »

0.3% wipe ....

<cries>

A.
If you want to be or have more than average, you need to work/learn/invest more than average!
Awesomeness, it can't be taught !
"Where the brave may live forever" - V.
Charlise

Post by Charlise »

Why didn't you just kill it, he had only 0.3% health left for crying out loud... :twisted: