Icecrown Citadel 7 - Professor Putricide.

Pre-Cataclysm raids.
Giruy

Re: Icecrown Citadel 7 - Professor Putricide.

Post by Giruy »

Nice post Karast.

I actually made a huge post about how the debuff only lasts 1 min before it drops off, had a tank rotation to manage the debuff and everything made up, then read further on Wowwiki and seen that the boss gets healed a huge amount if the tank buff drops off :)
Maths problem of the day:
If George is 73 and his girlfriend is 26,
How much money does George have?
Lithasola

Post by Lithasola »

Sweet very nice and informative Karast :) the tanks have somthing to work with now...lets see if we can keep the whole! raid alive to nuke him over P3 :)
Optimuz

Post by Optimuz »

Im specced into divine guardian, using it frequently with a cancel macro, thing is then it dont cancel the raid shield just the transfered damage on the using pally tank. On top of this you get a 30 sek prolonged shield that mitigates 20% more for the pally, and the raid get à 20% shield wall for 6 sec, very handy :-)
Fungi

Post by Fungi »

4% yesterday again. The reason we made this is because everyone survived to p3. Obviously, I was probably the worst performer yesterday, cause I was painting the floor left and right on most tries. The problem I had was getting out of the way of the maleeeeeeable goo (or however you spell it). I seem to not notice them blobs till they are almost on top of me. Maybe I should update my DBM so I can just select that message to appear (I couldnt with the 1 month version of DBM I have), if that's even possible.

I think we will get him down the next raid though. The attempts were pretty good. There were a couple of great transitions from p1 to p2 and p2 to p3. Can't be long before he dies !

A.

Ps. I enjoyed the raid yesterday a lot after a month of non-raiding. Obviously I was a bit rusty and not the most familiar with Putri, so that may have contributed a bit to my bad performance. Good to be back :)

If you want to be or have more than average, you need to work/learn/invest more than average!
Awesomeness, it can't be taught !
"Where the brave may live forever" - V.
Giruy

Post by Giruy »

Some very nice trys last night, we were seriously unlucky in a couple of p2-p3 transitions as well with the goo being thrown right in the area where the green had stuck a player.

Points to improve on:

1. Start saving cool downs when the boss is at approx 50% health, this should allow a full all out burn into p3.

2. If a player is targeted by the green mob and the goo is thrown in their direction as well, leave them to it and throw a save at them if possible, its easier to res 1 person than have a group all caught.

3. Boss grouping for ranged in p3 can be better, we seem to lose a lot of healers/ranged early in p3, its imperative that you watch for the thrown goo so were not unduly burdening the healing team, the healing team need to pay particular attention at this point as well, watch not get tunnel vision and die to the goo.

4. Final point, to prevent p3 being too much of an issue for healers, I'm guessing that as long as we have 8 ranged the malleable goo doesn’t get thrown at melee, if that’s the case, is it feasible strategy to have the healers stack under the boss?
Giruy

Post by Giruy »

Another tip from Tankspot:

"2 Vials spawn on either side of his feet. I would say you have about a 3 sec window before your melee get pulsed by it and get the debuff. This means you either have to be FAST as a melee running out, OR you do what I do (as MT) and start moving him as I see the timer on DBM comming up for him to cast it. If you start moving early, you can do the work for your melee, instead of relying on them."
Karast

Post by Karast »

nice tip m8, with all the things we have to notice in P3 it's very easy to miss vials.

another tip for tanks: set the DBM on "announce to the raid" for this one, it will put a raid warning with the mutated plague stack on each tank which will make it easier on the tank transition; this will allow us to do a 1-1-1-2-2-2-3-3-3-4-4-4 transitions instead of the mess we are doing now (we def. need more practice on the tank rotation and boss positioning...).
Giruy

Post by Giruy »

Looking over last nights Logs, most of the p3 attempts took far too long (approx 2 minutes), there could be a few failings for this:

1. Flask avoidance - Hopefully the tip I posted earlier will help tanks with movement but is is also for others to pay attention to them, I got blown up in one of the attempts because a ranged decided to completely ignore a flask that the tanks and melee had already successfully avoided and run right through it.

2. Healer deaths - How are healers finding it, what caused your deaths etc? I'm guessing one potential issue is tunnel vision and standing in stuff while trying to keep the raid up, like everyone else, watch them flasks.

3. Poor dps - Considering we get to p3 in good time I don’t see an issue with dps bar positioning and running through flasks in p3, I also noticed a lot of people getting trapped (me included though I do have blink which is nice) and then having to run through goo to get back in range, this causes unnecessary raid damage and also means goo gets dispersed further afield and gives movement issue as the fight progresses.

The key to p3 is steady high damage from all involved, this means good movement, good healing and good dps.

Finally, I watched the 25 man Tankspot video again, I’m unsure how many healers we used last night but going by the video makers raid frames, hardly anyone took any great damage in p3, in fact for most of p3 I only seen 1 person once get below 90%, that’s some significant raid healing, I’m guessing with a huge amount of over heal as well to keep everyone constantly topped up.
Korchinks

Post by Korchinks »

We (Evo) managed to get putricide down last night - we did not use the standing by green ooze approach and we needed over 2mins 45seconds in P3 to beat the enrage timer with 98% of raid still alive (we actually had 3mins but killed him with seconds to spare). We were fortunate enough to have 3 Tree's, a kitty and Boomkin in raid so plenty of combat ressies were available (and used).

Tips for warlocks/mages/Hunters if targetted by green ooze, to be done just before they reach them, Disengage (or FD?), Iceblock or use portal - this buys more DPS time while it select a new target before it erupts.

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one
Karast

Post by Karast »

Made a few calculation for the 4T options we discussed about last night (I don't think we need it but just in case...)

I compared the following options:
3T options:
1-1-1-2-2-2-3-3-3-4-4-4 - 6.3K after 1 min, 40.5K after 2; lightest damage option, slowest damage increase for 3T
2-2-2-3-3-3-4-4-4 - 6.3K after 1 min, 40.5K after 2 (the diff is the initial gain only and there is only a slight change there). I would say that this is the preferred way for 3T as it gives the tanks a few more seconds to position the boss before the taunting starts.

4T:
1-1-1-1-2-2-2-2-3-3-3-3-4-4-4-4 - 6K after 1 min, 20.4K after 2
2-2-2-2-3-3-3-3-4-4-4-4 - 6.3K after 1 min, 20.4K after 2; same as with the 3T options - it will net similar output to the 1 stack option with better time to position the boss (preferred way for 4T).

As seen above if we use any of the proposed 2 options for 4T it will make the later parts of P3 significantly easier and will result in 50% less raid damage after 120 sec (!) which should give us plenty time to down him, assuming we can spare the DPS diff between a tank and a DPS (ranges from 3K-5K on this fight).

TLDR,
worth a try...