Pre-Cataclysm raids.
Kharybdis

Icecrown Citadel 10 - Valithria Dreamwalker

Post by Kharybdis »

From Wowwiki:

Abilities

Valithria

Summon Nightmare Portal
Instant. Nightmare Portals allow players access to the Dreamstate, where Dream Clouds spawn.

Emerald Vigor
50,000 yd range - Regenerating 200 Mana every 3 sec. Increases Damage done by 10%. Increases Healing done by 10%. Instant. 10 yd radius. 35 sec duration. Stacks to 100. Cast when a Dream Cloud is killed in Valithria's dream state.

Dreamwalker's Rage
Deals 10,000,000 Nature damage to all surrounding enemies. 3 sec cast. 50,000 yd radius. Cast after reaching full health. Will not hit players

Blazing Skeleton

Fireball
Inflicts 4,713 to 5,287 Fire damage to an enemy.

Lay Waste
Surrounds the caster in flames for 12 sec, pulsing 3770 to 4230 Fire damage to all enemies every 2 sec. Instant. 50,000 yd radius. 4713-5287 on Heroic

Blistering Zombie

Acid Burst
The caster explodes, dealing 9425 to 10575 Nature damage instantly and 750 Nature damage per second to all enemies within 15 yards. Lasts 20 sec. 11782-13218+900/sec on Heroic

Corrosion
Whenever the caster lands a melee swing, the target takes 2000 Nature damage every 3 seconds and their armor is reduced by 10%. This effect can stack up to 5 times. Lasts 6 sec. 2500/3 on Heroic.

Risen Archmage

Column of Frost
Marks the location under a random player target. After 2 seconds a column of frost erupts from this location, dealing 11310 to 12690 Frost damage to all enemies within 3 yards, knocking them into the air. Instant. 3 yd radius. 14138-15862 on Heroic.

Frostbolt Volley
Inflicts 8550 to 10450 Frost damage to nearby enemies, reducing their movement speed for 4 sec. 1.5 sec cast. 200 yard radius. 10800-13200 on Heroic (8 sec cooldown)

Mana Void
Summons a Mana Void at a random enemies location. This Mana Void burns 800 mana per second to all enemies within a 6 radius. Lasts 30 seconds. Instant. 1000 mana on Heroic

Glutonous Abomination

Gut Spray
Deals 2000 Nature damage per second and increases Physical damage taken by 25% for 12 sec. Instant. 8 yd radius. Disease. 9425-10575 Nature damage inital blast. 11782-13218+2500/sec on Heroic

Spawn Rot Worms
Spawns 8 to 10 Rot Worms after the abomination dies.

Rot Worm

Rot worms spawn in 7-10 per abomination when it dies.

Melee
4,000 to 5,000 damage on their current target.

Suppresser

Suppression (Channeled)
50,000 yd range — Reduces healing received by the target by 10%. Lasts until cancelled. Cast on Valithria.

Strategy

Valithria starts at 50% health and the objective is for players to heal her to full. This is accomplished through the raid healers healing the boss, in addition to the remainder of the raid. While this is being done, waves of adds will spawn and rush your position, to try and stop you from healing Valithria. These waves spawn progressively faster as the fight goes on, so it's important to have a good mix of DPS to keep the adds down, as well as healers to heal Valithria. Tanks are also useful to protect the healers and divert the adds.

A basic strategy is to split the raid into 3 groups. 2 of these should comprise of a healthy DPS component, and will be concerned with shielding the final group, by keeping the waves at bay. The final group will be concerned with healing Valithria at all times.

Within each shielding group, one person should be assigned to kite Blistering Zombies well away from the main groups, in order to mitigate the effects of Acid Burst. This should ideally be assigned to members who are skilled in ranged kiting, not only to aid in kiting, but also to minimise additional healing required, after being hit by the Corrosion debuff.

Healers should also be aware of the Emerald Vigor buff, and aim to have as many of these active as possible, not only to reduce the amount of casts required, but also for mana management. If your healers are able to manage this helpful debuff, then mana should not be an issue at all. DPS players should also be on the look out for this, as the increase in damage dealt will provide a small amount of breathing space as the waves spawn faster.

The key to this encounter is for your shielding groups to be able to produce the DPS required to eliminate each wave before the next spawns, and also to minimise the healing that is directed away from Valithria. Healers should be suitably geared in order to not only produce the massive healing requirement on the boss, but also to be able to heal through any unavoidable damage

Tankspot videos: http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.php? ... reamwalker

Our virtues and our failings are inseparable, like force and matter. When they separate, man is no more.

Prepare for the worst and dare the universe to disappoint you
Kharybdis

Re: Icecrown Citadel 10 - Valithria Dreamwalker

Post by Kharybdis »

Comments about our first try there in 10-man pls?

I was the only melee dps there, so I was pretty busy running all over the place as needed. Blazing skeletons are first on the priority list, once they start casting Lay Waste, there's no way to stop them and that's a lot of raidwide damage. The frost bolt volley from Risen Archmages can and should be interrupted if possible.

Suppressors are the only mobs that do not need a tank, they're untauntable(?), so any dps can easilly take them down (they have around 36k hp in 10-man)

Our virtues and our failings are inseparable, like force and matter. When they separate, man is no more.

Lithasola

Post by Lithasola »

Yes the supressors have no aggro table, they go straight for the boss to apply the 10% reduction debuff on her.

The only thing I see in those tactics that are significantly different from what we tried is the part where someone kites the blistering zombies instead of having the tanks on them. I didnt think of this at the time but this might help solve the problem where the tanks were taking massive amounts of dmg and dying due to armor reduction and stacked nature dmg debuff. Most of our wipes were because one or another of the tanks went down, having someone kite those adds may solve this problem :).

Nice tactics mate ty for posting them !
Kharybdis

Post by Kharybdis »

/bump!

Templaar
GM [Retired]

Post by Templaar »

Tips for healers entering the portals:
  1. Picking up the orbs is a pain as they are smaller than they look - flying up close and strafing left/right repeatedly can help
  2. Orbs respawn relatively quickly, so you rarely need to trek to the other side of the room
  3. It's crucial to keep your stacks from one portal phase to the next, that means getting through a portal to an orb asap (see also 4+5 below) as well as picking one up as late as possible in the portal phase to refresh the timer. 30+ stacks is achievable and will be probably be needed
  4. When she emotes "I'm opening portals", position yourself at a green seed so you don't have to run anywhere when portals show up
  5. Dispel any slow effects before entering the portals (eg. from the aoe frostbolt) as if you're slowed then you'll likely lose your stacks before you hit an orb
  6. Pallies should put their beacon on the dragon & spam heal the raid - a two-line macro "/tar valithria /cast Beacon of Light" works, focus macros don't as focus is reset in the portal
  7. I found it helpful to end the portal phase at the front of the room as thats where most of the raid is to help with raid healing and also portals seemed to be easier to get at from the front
Fagan

Post by Fagan »

Tips for melee:
1. Press your V key so you can see enemy health bars, sometimes the suppressors were underneath her wings and one or two melee ran straight past them.
2. Don't hit the Blazing skelies until they've got into LOS and range of the ranged, otherwise they will start casting and we'll be dead fast.
3. Be very careful of AoE abilities if a Blistering Zombie is near by, it's very easy to pull aggro off the mages/kiters and get one shotted. Also be careful of aoe abilities after the 'patchwerk' mobs are killed and the worms spawn, they hit hard and there's lots of them, give the tank a second to get some aggro before using any aoe.
4. Try not to run to the other side unless really really nessessary, otherwise you'll spend most of the fight running in slow mo after being hit by a frostbolt and very little time killing things.
5. Watch your positioning near the 'Patchwerk' mobs, their frontal cone aoe is nastier than you'd think.

Tips for Tanks (from a melee point of view)
Be very careful if you have a Patchwerk mob on you and you go to pick up a mob that the melee are nuking, the spray from 'patch' hurts us quite a lot.
'Certainty of death. Small chance of success. What are we waiting for?'

Aleila

Post by Aleila »

Tree of Life aura applies to the Dreamwalker - this increases her healing received by 6% (as well as doing the same for the rest of the raid). I'll be happy to go tree whenever I'm there, so long as I improve on last night's shoddy performance :roll:
Karast

Post by Karast »

Just a couple of things I found on the web regarding the fight:
1) the soft enrage is roughly 5:30-6:00 min. We did actually hit this last night and we were overrun with mobs. On a fight played to win, we should be done with it in ~4min.
2) go with 7 healers, 3 tanks. 3 palys are dedicated to the boss , 3 dedicated raid healers (raid + tanks), 1 floating healer - initially on the boss, then later when the fight begins to get hectic help with the raid.
Giruy

Post by Giruy »

All we need then is more healers :)

Going frost absolutely helps for kiting the zombies, I had a dps frost build but had to go change to add the following:

3/3 Frostbite - Gives your chill effects a 15% chance to freeze the target for 5 seconds.
3/3 Permafrost - Increases the duration of your chill effects by 3 seconds, reduces the targets speed by an additional 10%, and reduces the targets gealing received by 20%.

If these talents arent added the zombie can still run as fast as you and he doesnt have to stop to cast :(

They also have 250k health, at best that means a frost mage can get him down in approx 10 casts which is about 30 seconds, this is no where near fast enough so any spare ranged dps on these are a great help.

Edit: Forgot to add, make sure you spec into improved blizzard, makes a huge difference if you can find some time to do aoe on the suppressers and the rot worms.
Maths problem of the day:
If George is 73 and his girlfriend is 26,
How much money does George have?
Karast

Post by Karast »

Regarding the Zombies,
From what we've experienced yesterday (as well as from several posts I found), it's not utterly critical to kite the zombies, I was actually tanking 1-2 or those accidentally, they came into my AoE and got stuck there (honestly your honor, it want me :twisted: ). The damage they produced wasn't as bad as I feared and the debuff they apply is cleanse-able. it is worth trying grabbing a one or two of those and see if we can tank and spank it quickly (will give us lots more DPS as the mages are free)