Icecrown Citadel 10 - Valithria Dreamwalker

Pre-Cataclysm raids.
Bagheeris

Re: Icecrown Citadel 10 - Valithria Dreamwalker

Post by Bagheeris »

Blazing Skeletons take precedence over Suppressors. They wipe raid if not killed asap.
Mirari

Post by Mirari »

Warriors interrupt with Pummel in Berserker stance only and with Shield Bash in Defensive stance only (and having a shield equiped ofc). No single talent or spec is involved inhere. The only 'spec for interrupt' as G mentioned it is the Gag Order talent from the prot tree which gives (our only ranged attack btw) Heroic Throw a chance to silence a target.
However, i liked the set-up we used last week with 1 static tank left, 1 static tank right and 1 mobile tank wandering between left and right to gather anything lose. The mobile tank can pick-up skelletons and mages or even zombies and in the meanwhile interrupt frost casts. I tried to do that as much as i could but you know aswell that ya can't interrupt a frostbolt from a mob on the left while you're tanking at the right.
Kharybdis

Post by Kharybdis »

Bagheeris wrote:Blazing Skeletons take precedence over Suppressors. They wipe raid if not killed asap.
Definitely. Blazing skeletons can't be interrupted. The suppressors are definitely not a problem if the healers are busy keeping the raid alive...

Our virtues and our failings are inseparable, like force and matter. When they separate, man is no more.

Prepare for the worst and dare the universe to disappoint you
Fagan

Post by Fagan »

Herek wrote:
Bagheeris wrote:Blazing Skeletons take precedence over Suppressors. They wipe raid if not killed asap.
Definitely. Blazing skeletons can't be interrupted. The suppressors are definitely not a problem if the healers are busy keeping the raid alive...
Of course, as long as no one panic nukes them before they are in range of as many dps as possible. We don't want melee or anyone else hitting them as soon as they appear or it will be a wipe. If they are given time to get into the raid, then they can be killed before they even get one cast off. :)
'Certainty of death. Small chance of success. What are we waiting for?'

Aleila

Post by Aleila »

Possible controversy alert, but I want to clear this up: Does anyone have anything concrete that guarantees Blazing Skeletons start casting Lay Waste once they are hit? We always blame people hitting them when they start casting early, but I have seen people hit them before it is cast, and the former could just be a coincidence.

The interwebs is inconclusive (checked Tankspot, StratFu and MMOchamp); the best-sounding explanation I've heard is that they cast it when their aggro target is in melee range. A tank could taunt from distance or a hunter could try kiting one to test this out. It could also be totally random. In any case, I think we're losing DPS time by hoping they run to the middle.
Lithasola

Post by Lithasola »

Indeed Ale I always thought it was the attack that triggered their AoE but Im having my doubts now. However the whole Idea of moving the raid onto the flanks of the boss is designed so that no matter where they come from they are going to be in range of at least one DPS grp at the sides of the boss. OFC thats providing people dont abandon thier posts and run across to the other side like I keep seeing them doing even tho they have been assigned a side to stick to.

When we last did it I saw that we dont need the whole raid to nuke down one add at a time the guys on the left side are more than capable of nuking down a skelly before it does lay waste without the help of anyone from the right hand side.
Karast

Post by Karast »

I searched everywhere and couldn't find a decisive answer for that.
Best bet is to have the ranged group in the middle, and melee splitting with the tanks, and when a skel comes, simply have every ranged and all the close-by melee turn to him and nuke before he gets to "chose" when he wants to attack.
Lithasola

Post by Lithasola »

Im gonna disagree with that Karast the problem with having all the ranged in the middle (Im assuming you mean at the dragons head) is that they are then often out of range to nuke a skelly apearing from the back of the room (from the dragons rump). But I suppose the best way to decide is to try out both our theories thoroughly. I just remember that very last attempt we had (Mir had been RL and I took over for a few goes) we seemed to last longer and got Skellies down faster by having the raid split down the middle and stationed on either side of the dragon...in fact I will go as far as to say the reason we died that attempt was because ranged on my side abandoned their post and couldn't get back fast enough to nuke the skelly that appeared and killed us Via AOE.
Kharybdis

Post by Kharybdis »

Ok, we can safely rule out the "don't attack the skeletons too soon or they'll start AoE" theory. We usually attacked them as soon as they spawned without triggering the cast and even managed to nuke (at least) one down before it even started channeling

Our virtues and our failings are inseparable, like force and matter. When they separate, man is no more.

Prepare for the worst and dare the universe to disappoint you
Gladion

Post by Gladion »

I'm really starting to hate this fight.. Without aoe-abilities, supressors are usually down when I get first two attacks in. Archmages and skellies are only adds to who I actually do any damage. I ended up healing that dragon most of time last night with imba enha-powers.. =(
In regione caecorum rex est luscus.