Icecrown Citadel 11 - Sindragosa

Pre-Cataclysm raids.
Fagan

Re: Icecrown Citadel 11 - Sindragosa

Post by Fagan »

Looks pretty good K if we can get the ice tomb positions down.
'Certainty of death. Small chance of success. What are we waiting for?'

Luxaflex

Post by Luxaflex »

Interesting how an attempt when we all agree not to dps the boss in phase 3 gets her to 7%.......

Maybe it helps if you all know what the 3 debuffs do:

P1 and P2
Aura: frost damage every tick, not much you can do about it. Easy for healers to deal with anyways.

Random debuff in P1: backlash dmg, stacking, stacks drop after 4 seconds of non-casting/meleeing. taking 5-6 stacks is acceptable in P1-2. Easy to handle if people don't push their stacks.

P3
As long as you are los with the boss, she applies a stack of a new debuff each so many seconds. This debuff doesnt do dmg by itself, but increases your magic dmg taken by x % for each application. So the frost aura simply ticks harder, but it's still easily manageable. If you have the random debuff as well, this will hurt badly. 10k arcane dmg can suddenly become 20k. And since it's quite hard to keep everyone topped off in this phase, it is essential you dont push your stack beyond 3 if you have both. Healers will throw cooldowns on tanks, not on dps.
This is also why it is important for everyone to stay alive. Loosing people means a larger % of the raid has the RNG debuff, resulting at some point in no dps/healing apart from the absolutely necessary.

Would be nice to have a real well balances grp next time. We missed Rampage/LotPack, thats gimping threath/melee dps.
Caireann

Post by Caireann »

As for healers, it seems necessary to communicate - the situation yesterday when Lux got Tomb, and I got Instability on our turn of tank-healing resulted in a wipe. In such cases, one volunteer from raid healing should step into tank healing for the time being (that is, till the other healer gets freed from tomb). But still, one person should announce this.. I'm not used to use voice on raid, so if any other brave healer would pay attention to this unlucky RNG it'd be great :)

And that 2 by 2 turn-taking with left/right tomb is perfect. I'm finally feeling comfortable with P3. :)
Luxaflex

Post by Luxaflex »

Use longer, bigger heals to delay instability if you are not already (GHeal, PoH). Try to be vocal on vent - simply tell a tank to use a cooldown or throw one in yourself if you detect unlucky RNG on tank healers. If you are uncomfortable speaking on vent, makje a macro to spam (IN CAPS) in healchannel. Detecting this unlucky RNG is harder than managing it. Let's assign a backup healer, one of the non-tank healers, to be called out on vent to step in on tankheals if we get this situation again. Everyone should be watching this and be ready to act though. No need to wait for it to be called; especially with the delay from some ppl on vent, waiting for a call might be too late. (I often hear 'Pull" when Im running back already :)).
Caireann

Post by Caireann »

I know we've already killed her and the healing division is clear, but there are probably still healers that do not grasp this idea fully and that's totally understandable. That's why I thought I could draw it so it would be more clear :) For the Phase 1 and the Air phase everything is clear, who heals whom, and what exactly has to be done. The tricky part is with the last phase.

Before I post the drawing, I assumed that we run with 6 healers, and at least 2 of them are typically raid healers - for those, the fight is straightforward - healing their assigned groups.

Imo, the perfect assignment would be:

Phase 1 & Air phase - two single target healers on tank (for the sake of the drawing I'll name them A and C)
groups 2&3 - two healers (healer B and a raid healer)
groups 4&5 - two healers (healer D and a raid healer)

Phase 2 would consist then:

1st pair that hides behind the left tomb - A and B
2nd pair that hides behind the right tomb - C and D
Two constant raid healers

Healer A would take assignments of healer D while clearing stacks.
Healer C would take assignments of healer B while clearing stacks.

In cases of a tank healer getting tombed, one designated raid healer could jump into the role if necessary.

Therefore, exchanging on Phase 2 would seem more-or-less like that:

PS I don't really know when she's being turned around - therefore I left her in one position and without marked tank changes. ;)
Luxaflex

Post by Luxaflex »

Lovely!
Sarri

Post by Sarri »

Our very own Kae! :D
Lithasola

Post by Lithasola »

Very nice Ika, makes things very clear for the healers, you guys would just have to stay on your toes and know whos going to take over whenever a tank healer gets tombed.

btw she is turned after every frost breath.....the reason being she has an annoying habit of taking 2 - 3 steps forward after she breathes on the tank. This means she walks right through the tank in front of her and this can endanger the raid when she starts messing around trying to hit the tank again....the easiest solution for us tanky types was just to run through her when she does the breath so she flips round automatically and is in good position again but facing the other way.
Copperknot

Post by Copperknot »

She doesn't do it every breath, she is buggy as he'll sometimes she shuffles sometimes she doesn't. Running through her when she doesn't shuffle can cause her to spin around slower than the flip around on the shuffle meaning she can face around to the raid hence only turning her when she does the sindy shuffle. To sum up the fight has a lot of RNG factors which is bad enough for tombs but given her buggy shuffle makes it even worse.
Charlysangel

Post by Charlysangel »

Nice, concise drawing Ika, well done ! :)

I do feel though that we set ourselves up for failure way before the healer rotation stage. We're all agreed that the success of this fight using "normal" strats is control of our own debuffs. When this is happening as it should the fight takes on a "rhythm", the raid damage is consistent and although it never stops its easily healable with no dramas. When its not going well there are players who are taking considerably more damage and I've noticed that there does seem to be a pattern to that damage.

I think its pretty fair to assume those players are not controlling their debuffs well and if you carry that through to the final phase the damage those players are taking is considerably ranked up to the degree that if and when they are tombed its hard to get sufficient heals on them to enable them to survive the damage they take when tombed and survive until they are broke free. If the damage they take is so significant that they die just as the tomb is about to hit then the whole rotation falls apart with no tomb available. That's where the confusion and panic seem to set in and the whole rhythm is lost. This is where we end up with either no tombs for tanks/raid to hide behind or extra entombed people because the raid is running out of sequence.

On the raid where we got her down the whole fight was controlled, that rhythm was there, everyone knew where to go next because there were no surprise events .... please everyone CONTROL YOUR DEBUFFS - its not hard - even I can do it :D

Charly