Icecrown Citadel 12 - Lich King

Pre-Cataclysm raids.
Luxaflex

Re: Icecrown Citadel 12 - Lich King

Post by Luxaflex »

Krid reminded me of an issue I brought up earlier with regards to Vuhdo, about choosing lower rank spells. This is possible now by adding the rank DIRECTLY after the spell, so:

PowerWord: Shield(rank 12) <correct & works
PowerWord: Shield (rank 12) <wrong & does not work

I took rank 12 as example, this seems to work best for me, with around 3560 spellpower raidbuffed without procs.

Priests should also replace their Abolish Disease for this fight with Cure Disease.
Bravebeard

Post by Bravebeard »

Thinking about the last 10 man try we had it seems like our only real problem was the defiles, the valks seemed to go down pretty ok. This made me think that it may be better not to stack up so tightly but stay in a small circle around the boss, that way it may give us a bit more time to run away from the defile.

Any thoughts?
Giruy

Post by Giruy »

The timing between the Defile and Valkyr can be tight, usually every second or 3rd so you absolutely have to pay attention to timers.

Everyone should be grouped for the Valkyr, no exceptions, in 25 man there are 3 of them and you really want to manage them all so that they move in the direction you want, in 10 man this is trivial, in 25 man it is not.

When the Defiles and the Valkyrs are close together on the timer, wait for the Valkyrs to descend first (I may be wrong but more often than not the Valkyrs will usually be first), and then scatter to ensure that the defile is no where near the center. Last night was a bit more difficult as we were melee heavy, this makes getting enough dps on the Valkyrs and scattering for the defile a lot more difficult.

On a final note, ensure that you set the boss as focus and that you have FocusTarget frame enabled, as soon as the boss changes from the tank to you, run to the designated defile area, don’t solely rely on DBM to tell you to move because by that time your already have the debuff and are in the process of spreading it.
Maths problem of the day:
If George is 73 and his girlfriend is 26,
How much money does George have?
Luxaflex

Post by Luxaflex »

Planned ICC10 backup for tonight; if not tonight, we'll try this next week:
"Been waiting a logn time for this":
Allow Necrotic Plague to stack to 30 before defeating the Lich King in 10-player mode.

From wowhead:
Get the Necrotic Plague onto the adds as late in as possible during phase 1, without pushing the Lich King into phase 2 (meaning, without getting him to 70% or lower). This means you're going to want to dispel Necrotic Plague on the first person it comes out on while they're standing away from the raid (and away from adds), thereby eradicating the first plague. You can treat the rest of the plagues like normal at that point, since the plagues--while they might initially be separate stacks--will eventually jump onto the same add and fuse their stacks. Anyway, what you have to have happen is have the plague jump from add to add (as adds continually spawn during phase 1), and avoid having to dispel it off of friendly players as much as possible, BECAUSE! each dispel removes a stack of Necrotic Plague. Additionally, each dispel will add a jump, thereby increasing the damage the Lich King does through Plague Siphon, so you definitely have motive to avoid that scenario as much as possible.

Anyone knows if there's an addon to track this?
Giruy

Post by Giruy »

Luxaflex wrote:Anyone knows if there's an addon to track this?
Just have the off tank call out the stack sizes.

Tip:

Stop dps early on the boss (75%), you'll be surprised just how much damage those dots and tank hits take off the LK, simply because it takes ages for the stacks to rise, be patient.
Fungi

Post by Fungi »

Congratulation on the LK25 kill ! Shame I couldn't be there.

A.
If you want to be or have more than average, you need to work/learn/invest more than average!
Awesomeness, it can't be taught !
"Where the brave may live forever" - V.
Giruy

Post by Giruy »

Fungi wrote:Congratulation on the LK25 kill ! Shame I couldn't be there.

A.
Yes, grats to all.

If im being honest, i did have fears that this fight may have been 1 step too far for Easy going on previous attempts but a combination of good luck, good play, timing and the right people at the right time getting the defile ensured a clean kill.

Well played esspecially to Rahalius in picking up the boss quickly when Copper went down in the last phase, same too for the healer that got Copper back up quickly and finally well played all for keeping their cool near the end.

A good night all round and all of us in Gathering are very pleased as well, I think this has been a great colaboration.

Regards

G
Luxaflex

Post by Luxaflex »

Yes - who would have expected this with 10 healers in the raid at 2030, some lunatic removing the Wrynn buff......

Although far from a clean kill, upto and incl. P2 things just fell together: no diseases were 'missed': remaining adds from P1 died before the second spirit spawned in Transition1 - that's exactly as it should be. Think we only lost Ehr early. Now onwards to hardmodes :)

Since we are done in ICC25 this week. If we push RS25 monday and just kill it incl. trash in 90 minutes, we can do Algalon in 25 :)
Templaar
GM [Retired]

Post by Templaar »

We had thought about RS-heroic, but your idea sounds more fun to me.
Luxaflex

Post by Luxaflex »

Whatever, as long as it's challenging. And atm RS25 normal is challenging enough :). Also, we tried RS10 heroic - it's a whole different game...