ICC HM

Pre-Cataclysm raids.
Templaar
GM [Retired]

Re: ICC HM

Post by Templaar »

Karast wrote: In 25m, we will have a SP in the group and a Draeni for +4% hit ... Tonight we had none
Don't Glad and I count? :(
Flexie

Post by Flexie »

And me! :P
Templaar
GM [Retired]

Post by Templaar »

Flexie wrote:And me! :P
I still think of you as a gnoam!
Karast

Post by Karast »

was just mentioning the different buffs that we had (like chickens, space cows, etc).
In 25 or even under other conditions, we had more buffs to help with spell-hit then we had yesterday.
Copperknot

Post by Copperknot »

It takes 17% Spell Hit chance to hit with Taunt, whereas it takes 8% Melee hit chance to hit with the rest of your abilities. Having 8% Melee hit chance from Hit Rating gives you roughly 11.5% spell hit. Also note that Taunt is effected by Improved Faerie Fire or Misery, so effectively if you're melee hit capped you only have a 2.5% chance to miss with taunt.
Karast

Post by Karast »

Copperknot wrote:Also note that Taunt is effected by Improved Faerie Fire or Misery
we had none of these last night
Flexie

Post by Flexie »

Well, even considering that I was under the impression that you guys had massive problems taunting him, perhaps there's more than just missing hit here?
Gladion

Post by Gladion »

Yes.. You need better taunts than "your momma!" with Saurfang..
In regione caecorum rex est luscus.
Stumble

Post by Stumble »

if you miss taunt by not being "capped" it doesnt show as immune, that's either miss or resisted, think all tanks can glyph for taunt.

if it was karast and copp tanking it might be that copp are using mocking blow in his rotation, which after 5 mocking blows (taunts) he goes immune, that would mean diminishing return have been applied and you will need to wait 1.5min for DR to wear off.
Caireann

Post by Caireann »

Dunno if I can add something here, but I also have some problems with this fight and haven't killed him yet, but there are things that help a bit, i.e. getting rid of the Blood Boils at start with paladin's HoP so that it would make the first mark go later (it should refresh near the end of the fight and can be used again). I think some classes can simply get rid of it by themselves, like mages.. and probably rogues, not sure about that.
Both Blood Boils and Blood Nova are physical so Amplify can help a tiny bit here when healing becomes hectic with 2 heals. And having a holy pala taking first two marks is probably the safest way to do it.

Good luck with the fight! :)