ICC HM

Pre-Cataclysm raids.
Karast

ICC HM

Post by Karast »

AS we can now do the 10 HM I figured it's a good time to start collecting strats on the different fights that we will be facing.
The idea is to identify the different between the normal encounter and the HM and then devise a strat for handling it.

I'll start with the 2 first bosses.

Lord Marrowgar:
Tankspot
He will have more health and will do more damage.
The tank and span phase is identical.
Bonestorm is the real change here - he will do significantly more damage (in the center of the storm - 11K on 10m, 13K on 25m) and will continue to put down spikes during the storm. This combo can be very lethal as he may chase a spiked player and therefore hit all the melee, trying to release it.
Strat: Stack inside the bosses hit box (behind). Tanks are in front of him, just outside the hit box. This will allow to control the direction of flames (which will last longer then normal). When the boss is about to hit the bonestorm, everyone run away, spread out in 15 yd range but other then that remain relatively grouped. Ranged will be used to free spikes. If the target of the chasing is not a spiked person and it is safe for melee to move in, great, otherwise - ranged only.
Stay out of the storm at all time - even if it means running through flames.
Stay withing healing range at all time.
Keep players grouped in a lose formation.
Rinse and repeat, but don't expect an easy fight - it isn't.
3H is recommended (someone mentioned that it can be done with 1T, 3H, 6D).

Lady Deathwhisper
Tankspot
She has double the health and mana. All adds has more health and will cause much more damage.
Avoid adds casting dark Martyrdom.
She will use MC in 10m as well.
She will continue to summon adds during P2 as well, those will come from the center only and will come every 45 sec. She should be tanked near the entrance stairs due to this. To make things more fun - she is not taunt-able(!) so the tanks will have to be on top of the agro list - this also means that the tank that is tanking her currently will be the one that picks up the adds as well.
Everyone should be mindful of the shades that will span as they will cause much more damage.
Zuzza

Re: ICC HM

Post by Zuzza »

Deathwisper is a real bitch still not done it Hm Marrowgar is ok though and LoLship also.

After that look at Festergut and Rotface
Emesis

Post by Emesis »

In my opionion, the HM's you should start with are Marrowgar, Lootship, Festergut and Rotface. (And maybe Queen)
Lootship is especially easy, would be silly not to try it.
Zuzza

Post by Zuzza »

Didnt i already say that Tokk :lol:
Base

Post by Base »

I was lucky enough to be able to join a heroic 10 man ICC yesterday. Even though my tank gear is "a bit" under par (far worse than my 10 man DPS gear) we were quite successful. Marrowgar took some practice but proved killable, the same as Deathwhisper. The ship was just a joke.... This was with a group of people that had never set foot in heroic before. Our second group skipped marrowgar and also quickly killed Deathwhisper and Marrowgar. Saurfang looked very doable, but we did not get him down. Beasts oneshot you and healing is more demanding because of faster marks, but basically not that different.

So I would really want to advise you guys to go check the HM out, maybe just set a 5 attempts maximum (as we did) just to see how it goes and not get stuck too long. I bet you will get a few of the fights down in under 5 tries.
Luxaflex

Post by Luxaflex »

I committed myself to another LK kill :) but I really can't wait to start doing these hardmodes. It will have to wait one reset.
Lokhi

Post by Lokhi »

Yeah, can't wait to get into the HM's. Just need that LK kill to make it feel good first :D
Luxaflex

Post by Luxaflex »

I'm worried we kill LK on the 1st try and wont have anything to do for the rest of the week in 10 men..... :)
Lokhi

Post by Lokhi »

True, then we can clear it on Alts :lol: Lokhi needs gearing....
Karast

Post by Karast »

Got it...found out why Saurfang got taunt immune to us tonight.
Wasn't a bug, but rather our raid composition.
Taunts follow the spell-hit rather then the melee-hit, meaning you need 17% hit to be caped.
Both me and Copp are melee caped ~8-9%, which leaves room for Murphy to hit us.
In 25m, we will have a SP in the group and a Draeni for +4% hit. Possible other debuffs on the boss as well.
Tonight we had none, so the moment one taunt missed, it opened the window for all next taunts to suffer DR (5 taunts in 18 sec window = immune). Since the timing of the beast in HC is faster then in he normal it's easier to get to a position where u get boss immune due to tank switches.
Next time, i'll have the taunt glyph in the bag for it. Should make it easier.