Post by Alaedon »

for first and last time i will post tact :twisted: :twisted:

http://www.icy-veins.com/norushen-detailed-strategy-wow

Giruy

Re: [SIEGE of ORGRIMMAR] - Norushen (3)

Post by Giruy »

Added another video.

Bullet points:
  • Small adds interrupted, they give a small damage buff to the boss though this may be temporary, so standing in front is probably not advisable as you really need to be at 0% for later.

Doing nothing to the yellow orbs does nothing, from 50% everyone should be cleansed and burst phase begins so no need to go back in (this doesn't count for orb soaker).

From 50% onwards the fight is a dps race to kill the boss before damage overwhelms us.

Boss will spawn 1 add periodically from 50% onwards (not all adds as I'd feared).

DPS Cleanse priority should be highest to lowest.

Possibly 2 people people should be assigned to picking up globes (cant pick up once you're at 100%), preferably low dps (don't randomly soak as we had it).
Taken from MMO Forums:
We did it by making 4 groups of 5 to go down at the start, 1 min mark, 2 min mark, and 3 min mark. If your dps is sufficient, you should be pushing 50% at this point. Once you've got 4 groups worth cleansed, you stop going down and burn the boss with lust after hitting 50%. The biggest issue we ran into was getting cleansed melee to stop soaking the big add void zones, thereby gaining corruption and reducing their damage. If you make sure that your dps stay cleansed once cleansed, it will rapidly increase your kill speed. We found that by going down with a group once per minute, it allowed the incoming raid damage from big adds to be manageable for our healers to handle. Going down quicker caused issues. Going down slower made us hit the enrage. Our groups looked something like this:

Group 1: tank, 2 dps, 2 heals
Group 2: tank, 3 dps, 1 heal
Group 3: tank, 3 dps, 1 heal
Group 4: tank, 3 dps, 1 heal

You can sub out healers in those groups if you want for more dps, just realize that it means more adds spawning at once. We sent two healers with the first group because we were finding that 3 large adds all at once right at the start was causing confusion and deaths. Plus having two healers cleansed at the start meant they had the healing buff to help with raid heals. For dps, start with your top dps and work down. Multi-dotters are great for add duty and should be towards the end of the list as damage to adds reflects to the boss at 100%, and isn't reduced by corruption level. Until you hit the 50% mark and stop going down, there will be plenty of adds for those guys to be focusing on
Maths problem of the day:
If George is 73 and his girlfriend is 26,
How much money does George have?
Tan

Post by Tan »

Great FAQ G!!
ImageImage
Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/4sBTRwT and twitter: easyLB
Irukandzji&Timmy, Tan, JellyBelly, Aica, Aiola, Acai, Turritopsis
Alaedon

Post by Alaedon »

For the tanks from wowhead
Wowhead wrote:Tank test (Confidence):
- ends after 1 minute
- the tank faces a Titanic Corruption and just has to survive while avoiding basic boss-style abilities
- Titanic Smash is a frontal cone of pain that must be avoided
- Corruption is a stacking debuff applied by attacks (and can thus be removed by avoidance streaks)
- Hurl Corruption is an interruptible nuke
- Burst of Corruption is an all-target burst of magic damage, so pop a mitigation cooldown
- Piercing Corruption is a hard-hitting attack, which can be mitigated but not absorbed
Tips from my test fight as paladin:
-stay near the add and just run through it when he start to cast Titanic Smash much easier than going left or right to avoid the hit
-Pop Divine Protection to reduce Burst of Corruption
-shied slam for Piercing Corruption for best shield slam is to have 5 holy powers all the time
-keep your HP full all the time by useing EF or WoG(prefer EF cause its have hots) more than useing shield slam and Holy Prism is the best healing talent for this trila 20 sec cd and avg healing 84103.5(got if from the log)

Boss fight:
fast way to avoid beam was to go fast to the other side of the beam (beam sometimes go clockwise and other anti-clockwise) here a crapy pic how i was moveing for the beam

as the fight dont have lot move you can instant taunt the big add the only problem i had was the dps stunning the adds after the taunt and kill it away form me so then end soaking the shadow orb not me so pls dont stun the big add befor its near the tank and melee go away from it befor it die as most time even that i was under the add when its die the melees soak the damge as they didnt move out as paladin i used glyph of Holy Wrath which stun all the adds around me so its help full even when you have 2-3 big adds as you can aoe stun them for 3 sec giveing time for healer to heal you and take less damage.

Erian
Raid Leader

Post by Erian »

I can't guarantee to kill the Greater Corruption in the test, in fact most of the time I don't seem to be able to do it. Hpriest single target healing is pretty crappy even messing about with chakra and glyphs. Solitaire also had trouble, though seems to have been better at it than me.

If we go in and don't kill the mob, (a) the mob gets released into the main room, (b) we lose the healing for a minute. So, not killing the mob is much worse than not entering at all.

I would suggest you don't send Hpriests into the test at all until we are better geared. Priority should be disc priests who can easily kill their mob. Then maybe shammy/pala. I don't know how easy monk/druid find it, but probably ok. Last night we had very close tries doing this.
Start every day off with a smile and get it over with.
Giruy

Post by Giruy »

If we had a little more ranged in the guild it would be nice to keep 0% melee on the boss at all times, especially the high dps ones. Feel were losing a little too much dps having them help on the adds.

Still, very good attempts last night, wont elude us for long.
Tan

Post by Tan »

So what did we change about tactics on Monday?
ImageImage
Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/4sBTRwT and twitter: easyLB
Irukandzji&Timmy, Tan, JellyBelly, Aica, Aiola, Acai, Turritopsis
Giruy

Post by Giruy »

Not a great deal Tan, followed the grouping from above, managed the Large adds by staggering the kill when inside the challenge, plus familiarity all helped.
Fagan

Post by Fagan »

Ok, here's how last night went and some suggested changes for next time.

G1 T, 2D, 2H
G2 T, 3D 1H
G3 3D 2H
G4 3D 1H spare spot for T if needed

I placed raid markers near the portal spawn points and gave each person in each group a colour portal to use. We staggered the portal entry at 1 min intervals, which allows for the adds to be killed before the next group went in.

While G1 were in G2 soaked orbs
G2 in G3 soaked orbs
G3 in G4 soaked orbs
G4 in and till end, remaining non assigned D soaked orbs

D in groups 2 - 4 kill order of mobs in portal was staggered, so 1st D in the group killed their big add first, 2nd D killed their big add after 2 little ones, 3rd D killed theirs last. This staggers their release on the other side making them more manageable.

Couple of things that were adjusted a bit near the end and suggestions for next time:

Have top melee in the first 2 groups, so more uptime on boss while cleansed.

Once you are cleansed you shouldn't be soaking any orbs, the non assigned D should do that. Then when G4 are out all cleansed D should focus on boss and the non assigned guys only should be nuking adds (as they will do full dmg to the add and that will be transferred to the boss so they will still contribute to boss dmg. If the cleansed guys start killing adds then they will die too quickly and the soakers won't do much dmg to the boss.

If there are any healers who struggle in the portal, then let them stay out, but we'll want most to be going in. But don't send an extra D in the portal in their place as we will get to many adds to be able to deal with efficiently.

Might have missed a few points, but that should cover the 5% extra dmg we needed for the kill...... 5 bloomin %.......
'Certainty of death. Small chance of success. What are we waiting for?'

Mahmoud

Post by Mahmoud »

For healers in the test realm...
There are two ways you can assist the NPCs in defeating the Greater Corruption: deal damage to it yourself, and keep the NPCs at high health, since they gain buffs – similar to that solo scenario to obtain your Legendary Meta Gem – that increase their damage dealt as their health percentage increases. If you do no damage at all, but keep the NPCs fully topped off the whole time, the Greater Corruption will die after approximately 50 seconds.

Restoration-Druid- Nature’s Vigil is great for both keeping the NPCs at high health and assisting with damage on the Greater Corruption.

mistweaver monk Your DPS will help significantly, and the NPCs are valid Eminence targets, so you will be able to complete your Test of Reliance more quickly than most other healers.

discipline-priest-Your DPS will help significantly, and the NPCs are valid Atonement targets, so you will be able to complete your Test of Reliance more quickly than most other healers.

restoration-shaman-Use a Fire Elemental Totem to assist you in completing this task quickly, and consider using Ancestral Guidance and Ascendance to help you top off the NPCs.
source