[SIEGE of ORGRIMMAR] - Sha of Pride (4)

Strategies for SoO.
Alaedon

Re: [SIEGE of ORGRIMMAR] - Sha of Pride (4)

Post by Alaedon »

Panerai wrote:ery small thing to ad for the tanks is to stand at one of the close to the boss orange plateau at there side of the room.
we were Pan but still we were short on ppl at same time
Damoli

Post by Damoli »

Healer concerns:
When you get Gift of the titans focus on getting your dispels done. We lost a lot of dispels which leads to a lot of extra damage going out and unfortunate ticks around Swelling Pride will cause deaths.
If you're confident with your pride emergency dispels are nothing to be scared of.
Shortly before boss hits 30% (and pride resets) dispel as many marks left up as possible to avoid carrying them over
Might have to assign cd's for Swelling Pride for better getting raid back up, aoe healing abilities like tranq, divine hymn, HTT etc highly prefered.
Dispels for phase below 30% might have to just get done regardless of no longer getting Gift of the titans, need more experience to asses the right way of handling this.
Erian
Raid Leader

Post by Erian »

To echo Dam's post, for H all that counts is to dispel. If you have the buff, you can dispel 3 targets if you are quick about it. Otherwise make sure you dispel two. There is not enough healing for 6H, so you won't be missed. Dispelling is much more important than squeezing in another heal.

Giruy's tellmewhen string works to highlight when you have the buff, so put your dispel icon close to it to see when you have the buff and dispel is off CD.
Start every day off with a smile and get it over with.
Vitki

Post by Vitki »

Erian wrote:Giruy's tellmewhen string works to highlight when you have the buff, so put your dispel icon close to it to see when you have the buff and dispel is off CD.
Yes, I died a lot to Mark of Arrogance; partly my fault since my TMW to inform me I had it wasn't working (used the number ID instead of the name) hopefully fixed but won't know until Saturday.

Looking at it, it is a major killer along with prisons.

Ice Block worked (the one time I spotted it in time) at the cost of 5% pride, (don't know yet whether Greater Invisibility will) so I assume other classes immunities will.
Erian
Raid Leader

Post by Erian »

If you died to Mark of Arrogance it was healer error, not your error. There is very little strain on healers in this fight, and no excuse for not dealing with one of the major mechanisms.
Start every day off with a smile and get it over with.