[SIEGE of ORGRIMMAR] - Malkorok (9)

Strategies for SoO.
Giruy

Re: [SIEGE of ORGRIMMAR] - Malkorok (9)

Post by Giruy »

There's no need to stack on tanks for breath, just unnecessary running and re-spreading. Only need to stack for P2, 3 markers should be plenty to show people where NOT to stand.
Maths problem of the day:
If George is 73 and his girlfriend is 26,
How much money does George have?
Mahmoud

Post by Mahmoud »

Lithasola wrote:Not sure it works like that mah, for a start people have to be spread minimum 5 yards and they have to be able to reach the purple circles very quickly. Also I don't think arcing smash actually targets anyone but is rather a random conal aoe the boss just throws around. The safest way to deal with it is to stack on the tanks as they are always aware of the smashes and where they land. The markers are very useful tho in case a tank does manage to get confused.
for some reason I thought that it's targeted in the direction of a random player ... but anyway after some thinking I can see where this can go wrong :D
Lithasola

Post by Lithasola »

Giruy wrote:There's no need to stack on tanks for breath, just unnecessary running and re-spreading. Only need to stack for P2, 3 markers should be plenty to show people where NOT to stand.

Agreed, but if in doubt the tanks are going to be in a safe area so you can use that as a reference if you like people.
Tan

Post by Tan »

Have all ranged stand on a fixed spot, then healers on regular points, then melee ffa.
Battle res any fallen Rdps asap. They are the ones needed for soaking.

Have a tank put down the raid markers. They're still very handy. Otherwise run to the tank.
Also: If you're on your fixed spot, and you have NOT been touched by a Smash, you ARE standing in a safe spot already for Breath.

The order for the fight is ALWAYS the same:
voidzones
Smash
voidzones
Smash
voidzones
Smash
voidzones
BREATH

repeat

ph2

With enough dps, i'm pretty sure we can avoid a second ph2.
ImageImage
Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/4sBTRwT and twitter: easyLB
Irukandzji&Timmy, Tan, JellyBelly, Aica, Aiola, Acai, Turritopsis
Adjoint

Post by Adjoint »

Something that I found useful is that the shield debuff has 3 states denoting how low the shield is: green, yellow and red. Makes it possible to gauge the level of the shield by just a glance. Good idea to pop some self heals when the shield is red and some damage is incoming.
Soraya

Post by Soraya »

Hey guys :)

There is a very simple add on called Malkorok Helper http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/malkorok-helper which shows you the "safe spots" something like this:

All you have to do is install it, access it from interface/add ons and position it and sort the size that suits.

For those using Grid2, you can set up the debuffs for weak ancient barrier, ancient barrier and strong ancient barrier to show as an overlying health bar colour on your bars, as well as a red/orange/green icon (the colours I chose) so that you don't overheal unnecessarily on the strong barriers, and throw your heals at weak then ancient in that order :) If anyone needs more info as to how to set this up, give me a shout!

HTH

Cathy
x
Giruy

Post by Giruy »

Soraya wrote:Hey guys :)

There is a very simple add on called Malkorok Helper http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/malkorok-helper which shows you the "safe spots" something like this:

All you have to do is install it, access it from interface/add ons and position it and sort the size that suits.
<snip>
Just be aware.
It looks to make assumptions based on section with least amount of people standing in it (basically it assumes that if people are avoiding that section that it's the bad section).

In other words, it can be wrong if people in your raid are wrong.
May help some but there's no substitute for simply paying attention.
Maths problem of the day:
If George is 73 and his girlfriend is 26,
How much money does George have?
Soraya

Post by Soraya »

Giruy wrote:May help some but there's no substitute for simply paying attention.
I would hope that this goes without saying! :D Like most addons, it is designed to help, not to play the game for us :)
Soraya

Post by Soraya »

Something else to consider; Last night we had 5 shaman in raid. Healing Tide is now a base shaman talent, not resto specific (though of course it is boosted for resto). We could request that our dps shaman drop healing tide at specific points where healing up the shields requires cooldowns e.g on the initial pull to maximise shields and at the start of phase 2 to repair them :)

Cathy
x