[SIEGE of ORGRIMMAR] - Thok the Bloodthirsty (11)

Strategies for SoO.
Giruy

Re: [SIEGE of ORGRIMMAR] - Thok the Bloodthirsty (11)

Post by Giruy »

Lithasola wrote:I doubt dps will be a problem so long as people aren't being trampled by the boss, did we reach enrage at any point or was it simply that the mechanics kept killing us after we lost people to him trampling us ?
We were miles behind, we were on the 3rd sacrifice add and the boss was at 50%, at some point we have to then put him into chase mode again and with no reset he just speeds up and noms us all, so effectively a soft enrage.
Maths problem of the day:
If George is 73 and his girlfriend is 26,
How much money does George have?
Lithasola

Post by Lithasola »

yeah but how many dps and heals were alive at that point, what I'm saying there is if he doesn't trod on half the raid I don't think we will struggle with dps-ing him before he gets too painful with that screeching roar and his soft enrage mechanics. We have some really awesome dps and healers provided they don't get one shot during the fight. Wish I was going to be there tonight, with me being on holiday all the visitors have decided to descend lol
Panerai

Post by Panerai »

Lithasola wrote:Its generally the same idea pan but the boss moving in circles I have a feeling that he will catch people easier, its a lot simpler to judge distance running in a straight line than it is making him run around in a circle, or at least I find it is.
Thok will not going circles, he will go in a U vorm because all players will be on same area. At the point hes gone eat the NPC we all move out to our position for stack fase. NPC will move different places thats true but thats the only think that will be random. Rest will be always the same. Also if ranged go out running around its not nice for the healers.
Lithasola wrote:Oh and btw watch the video again they do as I've suggested, the yellow marker (at the doorway) and the purple marker (at the wall) only difference is that thier stack point is on the right hand side instead of the left. ;) They don't kite the boss in a circle, or at least they didnt for the 4 - 5 mins of the vid I watched there.
The markers are the directions the players have to go wen get fixated, but they dont run in the doorway , just around the room untill someone else get fixated and that makes him pretty much stabble on that area for the ranged to get enough dps on him because he will be in ranged for everyone.
Lithasola

Post by Lithasola »

So really we are suggesting the same thing as I never asked for the boss to be kited all the way into the corridor at the door, again I feel people are being slightly pedantic when it come to describing the tactics. I indicated that the boss should be walked past the raid group going direction from wall to doorway and back again, if timed properly the boss will always be in range of the group or at least not out of range for vey long. We can argue about the shape the boss makes if you like but the raid movement is the same someone runs toward the door the next person to the back wall etc

I wonder why people feel the need to argue about small things like this essentially we have put forth exactly the same tactic, what's in the video is what I tried to describe.....is it because I'm a girl ? lol :lol:
Panerai

Post by Panerai »

Lithasola wrote:I wonder why people feel the need to argue about small things like this essentially we have put forth exactly the same tactic, what's in the video is what I tried to describe.....is it because I'm a girl ? lol :lol:
Haha..well maybe!.. nah kidding , but its the small thinks that can make the difference :lol:
Fagan

Post by Fagan »

ARRRGGG

Lost the massive post I just did... stoopid £$%^&

Ahh well

P1 stack on marked melee, RANGED as well! Do this for first 3 P1's only don't stack for the last guy released (which is where we've been making mistakes by spreading on the third). Make sure pallies have a Devotion aura rotation, make a macro to let the next person know if you need to i.e.

/cast devotion aura
/w NAME Devotion Aura cast, you are next in 6 seconds
/ra YOURNAME Devotion aura cast, NEXT NAME next in 6 seconds

Use personal defensive CD's to help the healers keep everyone above 50% for as long as possible. Smoke bombs, etc as well. Anything that will help. Aiming for 12-15 stacks on the boss before going to P2

P2 - Ranged move to the wall on the side you are stacked, melee and tank go to Jailor (move behind boss, not in front)

1st person targeted run to corridor side
2nd person targeted run to opposite side (near electric Van der graaf pillar looking things).
rinse and repeat. Use speed boosts or portals to get where you need to be. Don't try and kite the boss in a circle, you will kill people as they won't expect it.

Everyone needs to be aware of boss position and which direction they will need to go if they are focused next. And be fast when targeted.

Melee, don't be stupid, you can't see the bosses attack range and if he focuses you or anyone and you are near, likelyhood is that you will die a painful munchy death. After killing the jailor back off and wait, dead dps do no dps.
Ranged, you have no excuses, you don't need to be near to dps.

Once the prisoner is released you need to make sure you are not in the path between him and the boss (see munchy painful death above).

There was more but I can't remember what, this covers the basics.
'Certainty of death. Small chance of success. What are we waiting for?'

Lithasola

Post by Lithasola »

Looks good fagan, was about everything I wanted to say but was too lazy to say it ;)
Rublupine

Post by Rublupine »

Is there a prefered time for Hero? Assuming be stat the pull when all alive a CDs up?
Fagan

Post by Fagan »

Bit late, but yep, at start.
'Certainty of death. Small chance of success. What are we waiting for?'

politrika

Post by politrika »

So, followed Lith's diagrams, got him to 20% a couple of tries.

We mastered 1st P1 and 1st P2, kite deaths were very rare, most of them caused by the fact that the kiters who were going towards Thok's Prison (opposite of the corridor) and were targeted twice were left out of space to run, and even if you try to make a circle he still catches you no matter what. To this extent I propose we put the yellow marker closer to the 'Buff & Eat Place' also the the boss needs to be tanked a little closer to the corridor, about where the marker is. We didn't always run corridor first and to be honest I was happy to see people using logic and doing the right thing, good call.

Our biggest problem was the transition phase, the running around the boss' tail just to be positioned exactly as we were in the first p1. We'll I'm afraid that's not a viable solution. Since moving the boss around is complicated and causes a lot of fuss, I propose tanks tank him where he is after he eats someone. Let him face the same way and the rest of the raid already knows where he will be faced and can plan their moves accordingly.

Last night I punished melee, sorry about that but dead dps = useless dps, and I did not allow them to dps the boss during P2. They were nice fellows and listened to what they were told so we didn't have many early deaths. Speaking of melee, we also had a rotation for the warrior cooldowns (cheers warriors for the contribution): Demoralising Banner + Rallying Cry (as we had 4 warriors hehe). Devotion Aura rotation was a fantastic help.

The thing that we got stuck on last night was the dispelling of the poison after the boss on Blue gets eaten. I seriously don't know how this is done without priests, but thank god we have enough of those :lol: So we need a mass dispel rotation and a priest (minimum, the more the merrier) at least in each of the 2 camps: melee + tanks on jailor and ranged on star. BTW we always tanked the jailors on the Red marker for kiting issues. If we tanked it on Blue then the boss couldn't be kited without loss of life.

So to sum this up:
• Need to change how the boss is tanked after each time he eats someone, preferably not move him from where he is facing. Hopefully this will solve our overall transition problems.
• Need a mass dispel rotation for the Blue P1 and the following P2
• Move the stacking point of the ranged a little closer to the place where we buff & eat, mind you, not closer to the centre of the room
• Press them buttons a little harder!

Thanks for last nights raid, was fun! :)