[SIEGE of ORGRIMMAR] - Siegecrafter Blackfuse (12)

Strategies for SoO.
Tan

[SIEGE of ORGRIMMAR] - Siegecrafter Blackfuse (12)

Post by Tan »

ImageImage
Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/4sBTRwT and twitter: easyLB
Irukandzji&Timmy, Tan, JellyBelly, Aica, Aiola, Acai, Turritopsis
Giruy

Re: [SIEGE of ORGRIMMAR] - Siegecrafter Blackfuse (12)

Post by Giruy »

Boss Mechanics:
Sawblades - Move from target but try and keep sawblades grouped for Shredder.
Tank Debuff - Taunt on 3 stacks, use defensive cooldown for 3rd as it hits hard.

Adds:
Kill Mines - Slow, root etc, priority.
Shredder - Timed on the tank 3 stack debuff, tank on the biggest stack of saw-blades meaning dps can ignore this add. Move away when it does Death from Above mechanic as that's 500k damage when it lands.

Belt:
  1. This is every 40 seconds, if you don't see the DBM warning, you'll also hear a buzzer for the start of each belt phase (so no loud music in the background please, cause that's really helpful to not hear warnings, just saying).
  2. jumping in before the buzzer result in you getting kicked off the belt and you now have the debuff meaning you cant get back on for 1 min.
  3. Where possible, try to use the highest dps you can, or at he very least a combination that makes the belt phase comfortabley easy to kill.
  4. Kill priority is Electro Magnet then Mines, if there's 2 of the same kind, kill one of those instead so as not to be overloaded. 2 teams of dps are required depending on raid size, 2 teams of 1 on 10 man and 2 teams of 2 for 25 man, this is due to a 1 min debuff that players get as soon as they jump into the starting pipe. The strategy is simple, jump in pipe at the start of the belt (left), kill add as you travel along the belt avoiding near insta kill beams, jump in the pipe at the end of the belt.
  5. If you're a hunter you can disengage off the belt or alternatively just remain on the belt until you get automatically pulled off.
  6. Failure at the belt mechanic gives the boss a 20 second 90% damage reduction buff.
Other bad staff:
Laser - Kite around the edge leaves fire in its wake.
Missiles - Similar to lightning storm in the Protectors fight from ToaS. Starts from point of impact outwards.

Hint:
Near the end of the fight, belt dps may want to let an electro magnet through to clear ground of saw-blades clutter.
Maths problem of the day:
If George is 73 and his girlfriend is 26,
How much money does George have?
Tan

Post by Tan »

Fantastic!!
ImageImage
Tan

Post by Tan »

Strat adjustments:

Everyone in the middle.
Drop you Sawblades in the middle.
Tank Shredder in the middle, on the Sawblades.

Only using the Left Belt, 2 grps of 2 Rdps (or Mdps) together.
Tank boss between the pipes on the left, facing the belt.

Red raid marker on the right, run to it when focused by Fire Laser.
ImageImage
Wolphie

Post by Wolphie »

According to wowhead (http://www.wowhead.com/npc=71504#comments) the weapons order on the conveyor belt is:

missile mine laser .. mine laser missile .. laser magnet missile .. laser missile mine .. missile magnet mine .. laser mine mine .. mine laser missile .. missile magnet mine .. laser mine laser .. missile laser mine .. missile magnet missile .. mine magnet laser .. DEATHDEALER DEATHDEALER DEATHDEALER (enrage)

I couldn't find any valid information about the enrage timer on icy-veins and other dedicated sites... but if the above mentioned is true, and knowing there is a 40 sec cycle for each "conveyor belt" part, that would give roughly 8 min for the boss to go berserk.

I would stress the fact that NOT killing a weapon on the conveyor belt (regardless of the reasons: not enough time on the belt to bring the add down, early death of a belt dps, failure on getting down etc.) is giving the boss a 20 sec buff with 90% damage reduction, which is pretty much very close to make the boss immune to damage. Translated, half of the time until berserk the boss is damage proof. Therefore, in my opinion, conveyor adds should be priority nr. 1. And I would like to add something to that too.

Faster we kill the conveyor add, faster the dps'es from the belt will join the ground raid team and continue to nuke the boss. If the conveyor team is very close to a minimum of composition and one dies, the team failed the mission and most likely, due to the adds and damage immunity of the boss, the raid is very close to wipe. Now, sending in 2 teams of 4 dps has its pro et contra:

PRO:
- Adds on the belt have roughly 8M hp. A 4 man team will take them down easy and fast.
- A 4 man team on the belt = missing damage inflicted to the boss; but this missing damage will be quickly recovered once the belt team is safe on the ground. A 2-man team will struggle to nuke the add and survive -> longer time spent on the belt... no dps at all on the boss during that time. [to be noticed that high dps'es are chosen to be on the belt = longer they stay up there, less damage inflicted to the boss]
- if one of the 4-man team dies, the dearly departed won't endanger the team's mission
- the 4 commando members are damage proof while on the belt (of course, lasers and bad landing will cancel that effect) so, less worries for healers

CONTRA:
- 4-man team is harder to coordinate, but not impossible

That said, I would incline towards a double 4-man team to do the belt job
Giruy

Post by Giruy »

I disagree ^^.

2 man teams are more than enough, myself and Amazone easily killed our add, usually before the last 2 sets of lasers giving us ample time to disengage off the belt (or wait to get pulled off automatically, whatever you find easiest). Adding more people just increases the level of confusion and as alluded to in your cons, its a loss of dps on the boss.

The priority of the adds is Electro Magnet if its up (looks like a Tesla coil out of Command & Conquer: Red Alert for those that have played it), then mines. Once 1 is killed on the belt the others become immune, again negating the need to have more than 2 people at a time on the belt.

These above are the only 2 sources where the player has to either kite an add or is pulled to wards the electro magnet, both result in a loss of dps/healing. Laser and rockets are simple movement mechanics to avoid.

So group kill order will be according to the list above is, as with anything though, just pay attention to what you see and kill according to the priority above:

Grp 1:
mine > magnet > magnet > mine > mine > magnet

Grp 2:
mine > mine > mine > magnet > mine > mine (Note: If needed we let the magnet through on this one to clear the arena of saw blades, if its not needed then we kill the Magnet)

Note: Updated the belt strat details to clarify a few things.
politrika

Post by politrika »

Wolphie wrote: - if one of the 4-man team dies, the dearly departed won't endanger the team's mission
I very much appreciate your PoV, but I disagree with the above statement, nobody should die. By sending 4 ppl instead of 2 we are opening the door to failure.
Adjoint

Post by Adjoint »

Because we kept having space issues we made the following adjustment: We start the fight at the 12 o'clock position as far from boss as the range allows. We drop all the bad stuff to our right hand side and slowly keep moving to left (while keeping at maximum range). With this strategy it's imperative that people don't drop anything bad to the left of the group as this means that the ranged group gets boxed and that's an easy wipe.

Erian suggested the fatboss strategy. We just keep stacked up but keep dropping bad stuff to the right and left of the group. Worth a try if our adjustment doesn't work.
Erian
Raid Leader

Post by Erian »

I thought this was a very disappointing attempt, and not Poli's fault either. Clearly not many people had seen the video posted in this thread, despite me suggesting this at least three times in guild and raid chat. That means you were not prepared according to guild rules, and it showed. People have to take a lot more personal responsibility for making sure that fight mechanics are understood and carried out.

Attention to launching of sawblades was awful. We cannot afford people to be wearing dps or healing blinkers on fights like these. If you had seen the fatboss video, this would have been a no-brainer. You move immediately you are targeted for sawblade. If you don't get a sound warning from dbm, that's your problem and it means you have to be extra attentive. You do not have time to finish casts, just move.

I would advise RL prioritize selection of one or two melee-class healers (pala, monk) for this fight, as they can stand with melee and not move and so keep up tanks when ranged healers are running around.

This is a very much toned down version of what I was posting last night when I lost internet.
Start every day off with a smile and get it over with.
Giruy

Post by Giruy »

You see the boss timer <check>
You see the skull over your head <check>
You see the /y that you are targeted <check>
You stand still anyway and kill everyone around you <check>

Attendance dkp plox.