[SIEGE of ORGRIMMAR] - Siegecrafter Blackfuse (12)

Strategies for SoO.
politrika

Re: [SIEGE of ORGRIMMAR] - Siegecrafter Blackfuse (12)

Post by politrika »

Well 8% isn't really telling me it was a disappointing attempt, but I completely understand what you mean. Yes, a lot of people weren't as fast as they should be, but this is my fault as I needed to point it out even more. I saw at least several ranged who've gotten the skull on their heads and were just finishing that last heal or that last dps spell and only after that were moving to the designated positions; or even worse: moving backwards towards the spot while they were miles away from it. This, my fellow raiders, is bad team play. If you get the skull on your head you drop everything (even if it's your biggest raid wide healing cooldown) and you start moving, simple as that. And you don't just move everywhere, but drop them on the right spot. Your dps/healing means nothing if you don't do the mechanics right, cause we're all dead. I know I am counting among those people myself, but at least I was keeping watch for myself and everyone else's performance. You guys as non leaders only have to watch out for your own feet.

A second point I would like to address is the headless chicken marathon with the lasers. Maybe the positioning of the last red marker wasn't my most inspired decision, but alas, what's done is done. However the zig-zag trails of fire beneath the whole central area have no excuse. Whoever did that I hope you learned a valuable lesson and will not repeat it again :)

I will post a nice cartoony diagram a little later for the next raid leader to take us there, I will vote for Adjoint's idea of sawblades kiting.

Btw, please don't understand from this post that I am unsatisfied with the raid from last night, it's only my job as a raid leader to point out what went wrong as well. After all, 8% was quite nice! We were very close! We certainly don't lack the gear here, just need to keep our heads as clear as possible :) Thank you everyone for your participation!

PS to Erian: you know we can't prioritise one class over another, simply because of our rolling system. And this is not TBC anymore, any fight can be done with almost any setup of classes as long as they are tank, melee, ranged and healers :) I do not want to encourage even more room for slack. Of course it will be easier with monks and pallies. But it's not impossible without them either.
Erian
Raid Leader

Post by Erian »

politrika wrote:PS to Erian: you know we can't prioritise one class over another, simply because of our rolling system. And this is not TBC anymore, any fight can be done with almost any setup of classes as long as they are tank, melee, ranged and healers :) I do not want to encourage even more room for slack. Of course it will be easier with monks and pallies. But it's not impossible without them either.
The guild has always been able to make allowance for essential classes, e.g. an ability that is essential for (or much simplifies) a fight. Indeed, we used to publish lists of essential classes for particular fights. This got rather less important when Blizz gave every class 17 versions of different buffs. I think Thok is another example where you need one priest for mass dispel (I would not have taken four as we did the other night, i thought that was unwise albeit understandable). It's not any different to having melee caps and so forth, which I think we also have. Temp can confirm, if he's dried out yet.
Start every day off with a smile and get it over with.
politrika

Post by politrika »

Well, as we may need priests for Thok, that will not necessarily be so for this guy. Granted, it's easier, but like I said before, doable without. The 8% we had left could've easily been downed had we not had fires in the stacking path of the ranged and watched our step a little more.
Templaar
GM [Retired]

Post by Templaar »

Temp can confirm
Yep, though it has mostly fallen into obsolescence.
Adjoint

Post by Adjoint »

Erian wrote:Clearly not many people had seen the video posted in this thread, despite me suggesting this at least three times in guild and raid chat. That means you were not prepared according to guild rules, and it showed. People have to take a lot more personal responsibility for making sure that fight mechanics are understood and carried out.
In my opinion videos are there to provide introduction to fight mechanics, and not there to provide detailed strategy guide that has to be followed to a point. If somebody states that they prepared for the fight by reading the in-game fight description that should be sufficient homework. I'd like to point out that in the end it's raid leaders choice which exact strategy we follow, we did that, and you can't blame us for not following the fatboss guide.

Of course, I'm not saying that we didn't do poorly. We did, and all the fail was quite facepalm worthy...
Soraya

Post by Soraya »

Erian wrote: I think Thok is another example where you need one priest for mass dispel (I would not have taken four as we did the other night, i thought that was unwise albeit understandable). It's not any different to having melee caps and so forth, which I think we also have. Temp can confirm, if he's dried out yet.
To be fair, of the four priests, one was dps. I did offer to step out on this particular night so that Poli could attend whilst we learned the mechanics, as it turned out I got a place anyway. That night we downed him, = confidence boost, the next kill did not have four priests (just 2 I believe). And what happened to Shaman being melee healers? :P

I am on the fence about being selective re raid balance. I think on farm bosses you should deffo go by SP priority regardless of how many of one class are already running, we know 6 healers are often 2 too many now for most of those bosses. On progress fights I think it is reasonable for a raid leader to consider mechanics when choosing the raid, and then go by SP priority; but this is what I have always been used to and am still adjusting to the Easy system :)

Grats on 8% btw, that is still progress! ;)

Cathy
x
Lithasola

Post by Lithasola »

Soraya wrote: That night we downed him, = confidence boost, the next kill did not have four priests (just 2 I believe).
If your referring to the raid I led then yes it only had 2 priests and I had changed the tactics so that ranged and melee were all stacked together so 1 mass dispell would dispell as many people as possible (cant remember how many it dispells there is a limit isnt there ?). Being all stacked together on one side also helped with AoE healing imo for the staged when we had the jailer add. I had noted before that this phase with the poison was where the melee and melee healers would go down due to lack of dispells and struggling to keep people alive with the debuff and staying on top of dispelling.

Anyway I think the siegcrafter fight just needs some tweaking to find out exactly what suits us re positioning of fire, group movement for placing of blades and generally people getting used to instinctively moving out of the bad stuff. How many times have we gotten to blackfuse on normal ? just out of curiosity if its only the second time we have been there then 8% best attempt is brilliant imo. I remember the endless weeks of wiping on sindragosa in wotlk and that place was voted to be a cake walk after a while......

So despite the grumpy lot giving it .... '/facepalm' 'people are doing it wrong theres no excuse' I feel we did really well. Then again that was my first night on Blackfuse perhaps theres been several attempts I dont know about ?
Giruy

Post by Giruy »

The Thok fight has been made easier for healers but harder for ranged.

We spend more time out of combat than the previous tactic meaning we carry more boss health into the last phase (even as a hunter I'm actively chasing the boss more).

For this Blackfuse fight, regardless of tactic, Erian is correct, the saw blades are a simple mechanic well signposted. The frustration was watching players over and over again fail on it, yes there was good progress overall, doesn't alleviate the frustration in getting to it though.

And as for us grumpy lot /facepalm everyone, its deserved and its usually us grumpy lot that's dragging the rest of you kicking and screaming through content.
Maths problem of the day:
If George is 73 and his girlfriend is 26,
How much money does George have?
Panerai

Post by Panerai »

My new POV on the fight:

- Forget about the stacking Sawblades, its not needed. The DMG from 1 Sawblade ( or fire ) will be enough for 1 tank to kill the add wen they have Electrostatic Charge on them. Wen they not kill him on time, extra buffs from players will help. But the tanks have a job here and thats not tanking alone but also kill there add by positioning them well in one or more blades/fire and Missile Turrets.
- Stack point boss is perfect.
- Ranged start out from middle of the floor, then during the fight , will be more scatterd but focus point middle of the room ( so not all the way at the side where there is no heals).
- Keep the tube clear.
- Fire is taken to the outside of the room then run from the side to the backside of the room towards the red marker.
- Conveyor Belt is pretty much oke, just let Deactivated Electromagnet go to the other belt to clear out the blades after 3 waves is with this strat a must.

Thats basicly it, everyone for them self have to avoid bad stuff.
GizmoDK

Post by GizmoDK »

Panerai wrote:Thats basicly it, everyone for them self have to avoid bad stuff.
We're screwed ;)