[SIEGE of ORGRIMMAR] - Siegecrafter Blackfuse (12)

Strategies for SoO.
Erian
Raid Leader

Re: [SIEGE of ORGRIMMAR] - Siegecrafter Blackfuse (12)

Post by Erian »

Adjoint wrote:In my opinion videos are there to provide introduction to fight mechanics, and not there to provide detailed strategy guide that has to be followed to a point.
I agree fully. My point was: if people had watched the video, they would have learned about dropping the sawblades and moving quickly, they would have learned about the red lines and the fire and the chasing thingies, and they would have been well prepared for whatever raid strat the RL selected.
Start every day off with a smile and get it over with.
Panerai

Post by Panerai »

Watching videos is basicly what i do, and i watch them all wen i have the time and wen its time. I "Micro watch" them if you like to call it. Listening what they say on TS,vent or mmbl. Call me crazy but i have seen every movie and watched it like this. So on every progress boss i wanne know what we do wrong and can be changed to our benefit. Every boss fight is not about dps now a days its about tactics, we said it many times allready.

And yes I said earlier "Thats basicly it, everyone for them self have to avoid bad stuff" but there is nothing else in this fight. All high dmg is single targeted .. blades , fire and turrets. The rest is tactics! Use your sense and not the recount meter.
I rather hit beserker time then early death.
politrika

Post by politrika »

Ok, after watching any 25 man normal kill of Siegecrafter I could find, I decided we're going with Panerai's method, here's the vid and I will upload the explanatory diagram when I finish it.

GizmoDK

Post by GizmoDK »

Panerai wrote:I rather hit beserker time then early death.
I totally agree, On every single boss in this expansion, we've been miles in front of the instances gearwise... But we lack the skills to perfect the tactics, and thus we have to much trouble on "farm" bosses..
Lithasola

Post by Lithasola »

Some important points to note from that vid, everyone staying at max range, the tanks that picked up the shredder got it positioned on a saw blade were possible dragging it through fire, people who had fire kited the fire onto the shredder, the dps also helped on shredder occasionally (Warlock threw dots at them before switching focus back to boss). When there was no Saw blades everyone switched to the shredder.

It didn't look like people tried particularly hard to stack the saw blades, just that they kept them as far from the boss as possible. People seemed to be fairly spread out in an arc around the boss at their maximum range.

I struggled to kill my add quite a few times and that was using blades and fire and missiles. Vrug who puts out a lot more dps than me as a tank also struggled a couple of times. The debuff from the boss starts to hurt quite at lot at 3 stacks, we are popping our smaller CD's at this point at, 4 we are using our larger CD's/saves, after that we are probably gonna die pretty quick.

As has been mentioned people need to focus on staying alive in this fight more than anything else,

1. Move from the missile area.
2. Kite the fire beam but don't drag it through the whole raid grp.
3. Don't stand beside the person who gets the skull on their head move away from them thats where the saw is going to land.
4. Avoid the big yellow swirl of death.
5. When Electromagnet spawns make sure your not between the saw blades and the magnet spawn point.
6. when those crawler mines spawn switch to them immediately, they also explode when they die so don't stand beside one that's almost dead.

All in all I think another night or 2 on this guy and he will be deaded ! :) I'd rather encourage people by saying they are doing well (several trys below 20% and one at 8%) and to keep putting the effort in than saying that they suck and the top dps and healers are carrying them. Telling someone they are being boosted when they are making an effort doesn't instill confidence in fact its down right disheartening and takes the fun out of the fight for a lot of people. I get it some people pick things up quicker than others but that doesn't mean those people arent trying to the best of their ability.

Yeah yeah I know I'm a bleeding heart, liberal, hippy with too much forgiveness, so sue me I prefer a happy atmosphere than a stressed one.
Syrah

Post by Syrah »

What i took from it was keep the mess in the middle.
Erian
Raid Leader

Post by Erian »

several trys below 20% and one at 8%
It is a mistake to think that damage decreases linearly. At 8% we were still pretty far off in time. Anyway, I'd prefer we had this boss on farm (can reliably kill it because we know what to do) rather than get lucky.
Lithasola

Post by Lithasola »

in my way of thinking farm bosses are bosses that we have been on for over a month at least afaik we've had a total of 2 raids on this boss ? can someone correct me if Im wrong.....for it to be a farm boss I'd imagine we need to have had the oppertunity to well err farm it ?
Erian
Raid Leader

Post by Erian »

I count it as a farm boss if it's easy. Nazgrim was a farm boss before we killed it. But I take your point ;)
Lithasola

Post by Lithasola »

It helps if people can get some practice in on LFR and Flex those are an extra 2 raids you can see how the fight works altho just gotta keep in mind that the difficulty will be below the norm. I genuinely think that practice makes perfect on these fights, after a few raids where we've attempted it and maybe had wipes all through people tend to go away and think what did I do wrong there ? I now know everything the fight throws out and then its just making the right decisions at the time to handle it. lot to be said for muscle memory lol