[SIEGE of ORGRIMMAR] - Garrosh Hellscream (14)

Strategies for SoO.
Nephesh
GM [Retired]

Re: [SIEGE of ORGRIMMAR] - Garrosh Hellscream (14)

Post by Nephesh »

Mahmoud wrote:Meanwhile...

:cry:

-

"You will find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view." - Obi-Wan Kenobi
Firik

Post by Firik »

Can I just say that tactic last night of using 1 tank 2 healers (one of them been in offspec) and 7dps made that garrosh kill the easiest I've seen, 1 shot, no fuss no panic and he was dead before heroism finished in p3. Nice!

Firik
Erian
Raid Leader

Post by Erian »

You outgear it by a mile now, so previously unfeasible tactics will appear simple.
Start every day off with a smile and get it over with.
Nephesh
GM [Retired]

Post by Nephesh »

Erian wrote:You outgear it by a mile now, so previously unfeasible tactics will appear simple.
You just had to ruin our good feeling of being invincible there, right? Evil Erian... :lol:

-

"You will find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view." - Obi-Wan Kenobi
Amazone

Post by Amazone »

We have had a lot of problems with killing Garrosh on 10 men including yesterday,
so my idea was go back to watch video's to see how they deal with empowered mcs, (in our case in p3)

The only difference I can tell they did not do in the 10 men video, is that the ranged and healers were not stacking on boss, but stacking close to the boss, after desecrate weapon.
We definitely can see the mc's better, and how they are dealt with, so maybe this way we avoid all nuke the same target, and melee still can help out if the ranged get 2 mc's (as I saw happening in the video as well)
With this tact, it is still needed to stack on boss for whirlwind, not only for the healing benefits but so tanks can pick up the adds.

I hope this is a good idea for next time.

so basicly p3:
> dps stands out (at marker) for desecrate weapon
> healer and dps move in slighlty stacking (at healer or marked ranged)
> MC: deal with it with interrupting and dps, but no big dots (especially when not empowered, too low hp)Please note that every player with interrupt can help regardless of class! It must be done superquick!
> move in for whirlwind
> desecrate weapon rinse and repeat.

If the standing out at short distance does work well it maybe a good idea for p2 as well, when we got used to it.
ImageImage
Alaedon

Post by Alaedon »

Will first of all i think only last night was no garrosh kill night from long time
the basic fact about losing the kill at the end that ppl focus more about killing the boss and not follow the tacts or listen to RLs saw it happen many times even that i wasnt in last night raid

so in simple words ... raid get full controled by MC mean dpses didnt do thier job right nothing else.

now stacking or not at ph3 its minor detail and have nothing to do with kill lost again if it was MC case.

and let me clear something about the tacts you just write
Amazone wrote:so basicly p3:
> dps stands out (at marker) for desecrate weapon
> healer and dps move in slighlty stacking (at healer or marked ranged)
> MC: deal with it with interrupting and dps, but no big dots (especially when not empowered, too low hp)Please note that every player with interrupt can help regardless of class! It must be done superquick!
> move in for whirlwind
> desecrate weapon rinse and repeat.
1st point we already do that
2nd point can happen but from what i saw at many raids ppl at our raid having problem at follow mark person and stack
3rd point how on earth ph3 and not empowered :shock: :shock: if you read the simple tact you know that when Garrosh hit ph3 all his skills are empowered and the only way to deal the empowered mc is with interrupts stun dont work so dont wast your time
4th move in for whirlwind how on earth the healers will heal and keep ppl up while that cast happen so this point destroy your 2nd point
5th you forget to say ranges must go out while whirlwind casting or the desecrate weapon will happen after teh whirlwind end and you are still group bam weapon and everyone running like crazy and bye bye lost the raid dont need to tell you how many times that happen

at the end small tips for all the dpses :
do what the RL say even if you dont like it , that how raid go or you are welcome to RL and show us how to do it
use your cds even when that mean you will stop dpsing we dont care if you are first or last at dps meter as long you are alive and nuking the boss we are happy.
and last after wipe when RL ask what kill you .. you dont need to give google error report on your life story during the fight just few words like failed to aftershock wave.
Amazone

Post by Amazone »

Pinky I am suggesting something,a very small thing indeed, just because players like me that have killed Garrosh many times, and are high on the interruptlist are just annoyed it does not work out as planned so often.
And I was not bringing alt, and you was not even there. The situation is really annoying by now, we should be farming Garrosh, but we don't, actually results are getting worse.

I also this increase shows more since we have more casters in the raid. I am not to one to point finger though, just noticing it may not be the reason at all.
I always follow raidleaders instructions, I thought this forum was place for discussion, so I don't have to complain during raid, is that not right?

Besides, just put a mark on me if we would try this, I don't mind. I think if people can't stack they need to train it,a nd also, they running away had to do with desecrate weapon and adds, not with the suggestion I just made.
And I also think you could be more polite and your communication sucks. My communication rocks!
And you can chat with me about this privately.
ImageImage
Alaedon

Post by Alaedon »

Amazone wrote:just because players like me that have killed Garrosh many times, and are high on the interruptlist are just annoyed it does not work out as planned so often.
The situation is really annoying by now, we should be farming Garrosh, but we don't, actually results are getting worse.
Dear Ama all the ppl that were at raid last night killed Garrosh many times like you if you check log from last night raid you would notice that one one try which was 8 min the raid manage to do 15 interrupts while at the longest try 9.5 min the raid mange only 13 interrupts sorry but look like there was some kind of fail at interrupts .. the fact that interrupt are just annoyed sorry we cant do anything just accept it and we have to try to master it.
Amazone wrote: The situation is really annoying by now, we should be farming Garrosh, but we don't, actually results are getting worse.
Garrosh isn't the only boss should be farming so no need to talk about failing to bosses should be on farms
Amazone wrote:I also this increase shows more since we have more casters in the raid. I am not to one to point finger though, just noticing it may not be the reason at all.
yes lately we have many activate casters but last night raid setup from what i saw was 3 ranges you,Fir and Jina and 3 melees Parsi, Firik and Bob like everytime we try Garrosh sorry but i didnt get the point from saying we have more casters can you clear what you mean so i can understnad the casters point
Amazone wrote:I always follow raidleaders instructions
my tips was to all the dpses not only for you so no need to clear if you listen or not (sometime you don't listen ;) )
Amazone wrote: I thought this forum was place for discussion, so I don't have to complain during raid, is that not right?
yes this forum place for discussion i dont think there is anything at my post saying something else and we love it when ppl bring the complain to the forums and keep the raid going without drama :D
Erian
Raid Leader

Post by Erian »

I agree with ama that there should be ranged stacked away from boss and melee stacked at boss, and each group handles anyone MC'd in their group. This is how I do it with 3 other guilds. You save a lot of dps time because with each desecrate you move only once (to the side), not twice (to the boss, then back to the side). The simplest I have found is that at each desecrate, ranged move left (clockwise) to the edge of the desecrate.

Alae is right in pointing out that MC's and interrupts are priority in P3. Maybe these could have been even better. I think the strat in P3 is right. In other guilds we have two stack points at the edge of the inner circle, we start at one (yellow) and move to blue at the first desecrate. This is more or less the same as Easy's strat.

There were a lot of random deaths that evening, it's very hard to cope with that. Also if i remember right one alt with lower dps, but compensated by having two discs in the raid.
Start every day off with a smile and get it over with.
Tsumecho

Post by Tsumecho »

The alt would have been me, and the lower dps on certain fights is due to me playing badly and dying. Otherwise my dps was pretty much inline with what's to be expected for my gear at present.

Logs however don't put me as the lowest in all fights/attempts.
Meow.