[SIEGE of ORGRIMMAR] - Garrosh Hellscream (14)

Strategies for SoO.
Tan

[SIEGE of ORGRIMMAR] - Garrosh Hellscream (14)

Post by Tan »

ImageImage
Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/4sBTRwT and twitter: easyLB
Irukandzji&Timmy, Tan, JellyBelly, Aica, Aiola, Acai, Turritopsis
Giruy

Re: [SIEGE of ORGRIMMAR] - Garrosh Hellscream (14)

Post by Giruy »

High Level Summary:
3 phase fight with multiple Intermissions dependent on how the raid handles them. Each phase getting progressively hard as the boss gains new or improved abilities. High execution skill required (it is the last boss after all).

Desired Raid Set up:
2 T
6 H
17 D

Phase 1:
Tank boss just off centre and have 2 markers equally spaced across the middle of the room for raid positioning.

Important Mechanics:
1. Garrosh will throw his axe at a range member which spawns a Desecrate area, ranged need to move to the opposing marker. The axe can be dps'd down but it may be better to just leave pets and dots on it. Trial and error will decide whether its better to just have dedicated dps take it down or not.

2. Important adds
  1. Siege Engineers - One either end of the room. They create a large wheel (Ko'kron Iron Star) that spins across the room dealing huge damage to those hit in their path including adds (Iron Star Impact), once the star gets to the end of the room it will explode doing raid wide damage that is lessened the further away you are (Exploding Iron Star). Both guides advocate killing one engineer while letting the other wheel through, add tank should position the adds so that they get hit by the wheel, rooting and slowing the adds at this point is helpful.
  2. Wolf-rider Shaman - Chain heal is a priority interrupt. Every interrupt increases cast speed by 25% so ensure that you don't interrupt Chain Lightning.
Kill Order:
Adds > Boss

More to follow as I absorb more of the information :)
Maths problem of the day:
If George is 73 and his girlfriend is 26,
How much money does George have?
Kirby

Post by Kirby »

I was on interrupting duty on the shaman, I could interrupt every other one, so if someone else isn't on it, it would cast a heal off, plus even though it was being hit by the star it can live through it easier than the warbringers so it basically lived till a 2nd appeared (despite us wiping at that point anyway), we may need to focus this particular add down, so we don't get overwhelmed by healing.
In another life, in another place
Maybe you'd have found what brings some to believe
On a different road, in a perfect space
Maybe all the hurt you've known would fail to be
Lithasola

Post by Lithasola »

This is for Phase 1 only :) The top of the circle is where the throne would be.

1. Ranged and healer starting position and area to drop first desecrated weapon.
2. Move to here when the throws his axe (desecrate) nuke down the axe, note the area of desecration will get smaller the more you nuke the weapon down. Ranged and healers should only move between these 2 points, DO NOT scatter like pool balls. 2 Ranged people should be selected to nuke down the engineer every time it spawns (indicated by the black star). This keeps the green half of the room Iron Star free.
3. Boss Tank, hold the boss in position do not stand to close to the red area as you might get hit by the active Iron Star and thrown across the room.
4. Melee, mirror the Tanks position behind the boss, be aware of the Iron star when it becomes active.
5. Ideal area to position all the adds, if the OT's can gather them and stack them on the red side they will take extra dmg from the active Iron Star. I found it easiest to drag them into the red area then run through them back into green so they just pivot where they are.

Other things to be aware of -
Adds spawn from either side of the room (small green arrows), if you are stacked its easier for the tanks to pick them up, please stay stacked and if you do get aggro please don't go all headless chicken on us. Hunter MD's etc are very helpful.
Occasionally Wolf rider shaman spawn, interrupt Chain Heal but allow Chain lightning, the reason for this is that they gain a spell cast increase every time they are interrupted. If we interrupt every cast eventually they will be too fast to interrupt. These adds along with the selected engineer are top priority.
Judge where your standing on the border between green and red by using the flames that sprout from the bottom of the Iron Star, it has quite a large box area, if you are hit by the flames you will be thrown around and it hurts. (we are aiming to have only the adds in these flames see 5.)
When the Iron Star hits the far wall it explodes doing raid wide damage, the further you are from the 'BOOM' the less damage you will take, healers may wish to have a dmg reduction save rotation to help with this.

If we can pull this off then we can practice Phase 2 :)
Nephesh
GM [Retired]

Post by Nephesh »

I like that way of positioning Lith.
If the ranged and healers stack up on those two point we basically cancel out the risk of being hit by the big ball of fire (and metal) :D .

I'm not absolutely sure about the shaman (no, not me :P ), but if the adds get more damage from the iron star this way, will they be killed faster to? Or is it better to assign more dps to those adds.

Small point on the first few attempts:
It was clear that there was a small stacking problem which caused the axe to be thrown on other positions than the two stack points. If people manage to stay stacked on the designated markers there should be less problems with movement and focusing on each task appointed to you.

Other than that it looks to be a very enjoyable fight :) .

-

"You will find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view." - Obi-Wan Kenobi
Kirby

Post by Kirby »

Nephesh wrote:I like that way of positioning Lith.
If the ranged and healers stack up on those two point we basically cancel out the risk of being hit by the big ball of fire (and metal) :D .

I'm not absolutely sure about the shaman (no, not me :P ), but if the adds get more damage from the iron star this way, will they be killed faster to? Or is it better to assign more dps to those adds.

Small point on the first few attempts:
It was clear that there was a small stacking problem which caused the axe to be thrown on other positions than the two stack points. If people manage to stay stacked on the designated markers there should be less problems with movement and focusing on each task appointed to you.

Other than that it looks to be a very enjoyable fight :) .
The only add that really should be on the dps' mind (baring from those assigned to a target that is active) is the wolf rider.
The warbringers can be cleaved down, to help out, but the star does knock off a large chunk of health off them
Lithasola

Post by Lithasola »

So tonights attempts early in the raid went well imo, we progressed from my little diagram above and managed to get him through 2 transitions before wiping 2 - 3 times. However people seemed to loose focus after that and we were back to struggling to get to the first transition.

Bullet points of my scattered thoughts -
- Positioning for markers and stack points was good, people seemed to like the above layout.
- Wolfriders were being controlled well after a few attempts, it helps to mark them with a skull drag them in then let the Tank on boss taunt them so they stay in melee and get cleaved down/interrupted.
- Need more awareness on where you are standing people ! often lost melee to the Iron star (don't rely on the RLer calling it out for you). Ranged make sure your stacked on the markers don't drop the desecrate in a dumb place it doesn't help ;)
- When boss hits 10% switch to nuking all the adds down, we want to try and get rid of those before we transition.
- Once in the other realm get to the boss as quickly as possible ! We want as much time on him as we can to nuke him in the other realm.
- When we transition back into the room people need to be looking for anyone getting MC'd with the touch of 'whaddyamacallit' spell, interrupt them we don't want it to spread and get them to 20% asap. Also you generally just have to be on the ball when you get back, make sure you get back into positions again otherwise that desecrates gonna be in a random place again.
- Some debate on what to do when we transition back at the first desecrate, someone mentioned that people in the desecrated area will get MC'd when boss does the touch spell (please investigate and discuss). I'm not entirely sure we want to spread out I need to look into this a bit more myself, I see problems with dealing with the 5 MC'd people if we are all spread round the room.
Gladion

Post by Gladion »

Max targets by touch seem to be 4 according wowhead on 25-man.
In regione caecorum rex est luscus.
Lithasola

Post by Lithasola »

One other thought for this fight, whens the best time to use heroism ?
Kirby

Post by Kirby »

Lithasola wrote:One other thought for this fight, whens the best time to use heroism ?
We've been using it at the start, but I think in one of the videos it was mentioned the fight can last 15 mins.