[SIEGE of ORGRIMMAR] - Garrosh Hellscream (14)

Strategies for SoO.
Erian
Raid Leader

Re: [SIEGE of ORGRIMMAR] - Garrosh Hellscream (14)

Post by Erian »

Yep, this is how we do it in my friday guild.
Start every day off with a smile and get it over with.
Tsumecho

Post by Tsumecho »

Had a few decent attempts last night, one at 8%.

• Survivability - We need to look into this, if any dps die it's a wipe as soon as we get to EWC as we can't seem to manage to get the adds down in time for mc's and it all goes south in 10 man as there aren't "extra" dps to compensate.
  • Interrupts - huge improvement from Sunday with Soraya even getting a Wind Shear in
  • Pot Usage - Fantastic, Rubie would be proud!
So in a nutshell, we can do it, but we need everyone alive in order to get beyond the EWC's, thanks for some good attempts last night all.
Meow.

Tsumecho

Post by Tsumecho »

Finally got a decent video together. Spot the brainfart...

Meow.

Rublupine

Post by Rublupine »

Nice Vid, thanks Bob. I enjoy seeing these from the melee vantage point, adds context. Also, you've got me re-evaluating my Ui. Hmmm raid frame positioned central... What's that like with 25?
Tsumecho

Post by Tsumecho »

Rublupine wrote:What's that like with 25?
Dunno, haven't done anything in 25 since moving it, I did have a think about it though. Standardly the 25 man would be far too big to fit there, and as a default it sits on the left above my chat.

What I have considered and need to play with, is making the height smaller on the 25 man, basically just high enough to fit the raider names. Hopefully it won't look too daft, and then I could fit it in, in the same place as I only need it to select dead people who need ressing or have aggro.

Will tinker a bit this evening in an lfr and post a screenie of my results.
Meow.

Tsumecho

Post by Tsumecho »

An observation from phase 3 wipes the last few weeks:

Stop relying or thinking others in the raid will interrupt so you can tunnel vision and not bother, EVERYONE should be interrupting MC's, in all phases! Everyone has an interrupt, you are expected to use it.
Meow.

Nephesh
GM [Retired]

Post by Nephesh »

Tsumecho wrote:An observation from phase 3 wipes the last few weeks:

Stop relying or thinking others in the raid will interrupt so you can tunnel vision and not bother, EVERYONE should be interrupting MC's, in all phases! Everyone has an interrupt, you are expected to use it.
Have to add something to this..
There is a reason why people say that everyone has to interrupt.. Because if we don't, we won't get Garrosh down.
It is also a fact that you can interrupt every time you can, but you don't get a point on a recount add-on because someone else was faster than you but that does not mean you can stop doing this.

So I'll say it again We can't allow ourselves to get any fail with interruping. Don't look for others to do the interrupting for you, do it yourself.
We can survive a couple, but after so many times on Garry we should be able to deal with this by now.... right?

And in case you dont know your interrupt spell that each class has... here are a few examples:
  • Death Knight
    - Mind Freeze
    - Strangulate
    Druid
    - Skull Bash
    - Solar Beam
    Hunter
    - Counter Shot/Silencing shot
    Mage
    - Counterspell
    Monk
    - Spear Hand Strike
    Paladin
    - Avenger's strike
    - Rebuke
    Priest
    - Silence
    Rogue
    - Kick
    - Deadly throw
    Shaman
    - Wind shear
    Warlock
    - Spell lock/Optical Blast
    Warrior
    - Pummel
http://wowpedia.org/Interrupt for some more information

And now some screenshots from some random moments of my recount addon while checking the succesfull interrupts performed.
Don't see these pictures as being offensive, I just would've loved to see numbers that were closer together or different people interupting during different fights and I dont really see that happening yet..

Total after a couple of wipes:

Please everyone.. We are all in the same boat.. try to take some of the responsibility during fights so we can actually do this together.

-

"You will find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view." - Obi-Wan Kenobi
Kirby

Post by Kirby »

Nephesh wrote:
Rogue
- Deadly throw
Is not worth speccing as a talent, as the people I will be interrupting should be in range of my melee attacks and a dps loss as I would have to run out so I can us the ability to run back in, plus it only interrupts at 3 combo points and higher, which I cannot guarantee to have at any time.
In another life, in another place
Maybe you'd have found what brings some to believe
On a different road, in a perfect space
Maybe all the hurt you've known would fail to be
Nephesh
GM [Retired]

Post by Nephesh »

Thanks for your comment Kirby.

I know that a couple of the interrupts that I wrote down are not really usefull and that I didn't write down all available interrupt abilities.
The point that I was trying to make is that each class has at least 1 usable interrupt ability. It would be nice to see everyone pick up the pace and use them.

-

"You will find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view." - Obi-Wan Kenobi
Mahmoud

Post by Mahmoud »

Meanwhile...