[SIEGE of ORGRIMMAR] - Garrosh Hellscream (14)

Strategies for SoO.
GizmoDK

Re: [SIEGE of ORGRIMMAR] - Garrosh Hellscream (14)

Post by GizmoDK »

-.-

I suggested this ages ago ;)
Rublupine

Post by Rublupine »

Be honest guys, this is a substantial change to a working strat. It's not needed.
politrika

Post by politrika »

Yea, you're right, Rubs. Keep it as it is, what killed us on that 6M hp wipe was the MC.
Rublupine

Post by Rublupine »

The kill tonight was perfect. Good job all/ Like that every time from now on pls.
GizmoDK

Post by GizmoDK »

Fantastic experience last night...

It went more or less like clockwork, even with a new tank. GJ Tsubob! does anyone know if the BoA weapon is guaranteed on your first kill?
Erian
Raid Leader

Post by Erian »

The BoA weap is random.
Start every day off with a smile and get it over with.
GizmoDK

Post by GizmoDK »

Lucky me then :D
Kirby

Post by Kirby »

GizmoDK wrote:Lucky me then :D
It's not guaranteed, but the first one will always be specific to you, then the rest you get are random
In another life, in another place
Maybe you'd have found what brings some to believe
On a different road, in a perfect space
Maybe all the hurt you've known would fail to be
politrika

Post by politrika »

Ok, as you all know, I've kinda went away to a big social guild, taking a break from things.

In my travels I've joined a lot of flex groups via Openraid (for those who don't know you can check it out here: http://www.openraid.eu) and in those flex groups I've had the opportunity to play alongside heroic geared raiders from various populated servers and watch them lead and dps. Needless to say their performance was through the roof, but there is one common tactic all of those flex runs have used:

They did phase 2 exactly as they did phase 1. Positioning and movement wise. And it makes sense if you think of it. Ranged continue to stack on either green or blue, bounce between them when the weapon drops (this way you also are sure that ALL ranged are in range of the desecrated weapon, leaving no room for excuses). When MC comes, melee kill the meleed mc-ed, ranged kill the ranged & help on the melee as well. This tactic reduces overall movement, and allows more attention to be channeled towards nuking, rather than watching all the dbm timers, stack, unstack, here we don't stack after desecration, her we must stack after desecration etc.

Phase 3 is as Easy does it. Hope you'll consider this, it is my personal raider opinion that it is a much better tactic.
Giruy

Post by Giruy »

Same as above, P1 and P2 the same, P3 grouped and just reacting to puddle placement.
Maths problem of the day:
If George is 73 and his girlfriend is 26,
How much money does George have?