SoO HEROIC - Immerseus

Strategies for SoO.
Nephesh
GM [Retired]

SoO HEROIC - Immerseus

Post by Nephesh »

Can't help but start this topic in a line of new fights.. The heroic fights!! :geek:

Anyway.. I've looked up some video's of Immerseus fight in heroic mode.
Hope you find it helpful.

Warcraft Academy (25man hc)

Fatboss (10man hc)

Here is a link to icy-veins that has some detailed information on the boss and the fight.

Differences From Normal Mode

Aside from the usual increased health and damage associated with all Heroic modes, there are two key differences in the mechanics of the fight, one in each phase.

- Immerseus Phase

Once per Immerseus Phase, the boss gains a buff called Swelling Corruption (the boss will cast this spell more than once if you spend enough time in the phase, but the cooldown is so high that this is unlikely to ever happen). Swelling Corruption has an unlimited duration, and it has a certain number of stacks. Specifically, the buff has one stack for every 2 points of Corruption that the boss has. This means that the very first Swelling Corruption has 50 stacks, and then each one has fewer and fewer stacks as the fight goes on.

Every attack made against the boss removes a stack of the buff, and causes the attacker to gain a stack of a dispellable 6-second Shadow-damage DoT, and to spawn an add called Congealed Sha. The DoT's damage increases over the course of its 6-second duration, and the Congealed Sha adds do not do anything except melee their main aggro target. Swelling Corruption has no other effects, and once all of its stacks are gone, it disappears.

- Split Phase

During the Split Phase, Immerseus gains an ability called Sha Pool. This causes the center of the room (the area where your raid cannot go without being damaged and knocked back, and the same area where all the adds converge) to become a large void zone. Any players standing inside the void zone take a small amount of Shadow damage every second. The void zone grows slowly over the course of the Split Phase, and it also grows each time a Sha Puddle, Contaminated Puddle or Purified Puddle reaches it. As it increases in size, its damage is also increased. The void zone shrinks in size whenever it damages a raid member, and it disappears as soon as the phase ends.

-

"You will find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view." - Obi-Wan Kenobi
Alaedon

Re: SoO HEROIC - Immerseus

Post by Alaedon »

From last night few tries .. think the tank who should take the first wave of adds must start on the boss .. starting on tha adds yesterday was hard with no veng i couldn't take aggro of anything most adds went to Tan .. so tank tact change for start .. adds tank start on boss and move swap when adds come like the turtle in ToT with change the tanks will swaping on boss after one stack of debuff ;)
Panerai

Post by Panerai »

Just wanne at extra Youtube channel , this guy has video for every heroic split up in Tank, Dps and Healer. He talks you through the fight for that specific job. He is not a quick talker :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/user/gabestah?feature=watch

Happy watching!
Panerai

Post by Panerai »

Surggest to spread out more to 2 platforms for the dps and healers and then 1 platform for tank . This will spread the pools (as a melee i cant go running into the middle of a platform because pools will kill me wen they are all clumped up at 1 platform). To survive the ads use root, slow, stun or other stuff. Take all stacks from boss, dispel yourself on 5/6 and keep on boss until stacks on boss are gone ( if not able to remove stacks yourself then late it drop of by stop dpsing at 3 stacks or get dispeled) and aoe ads down ..go boss ..go next phase. Its getting easier next phase sinds there will be less ads.
Amazone

Post by Amazone »

Hey all I found the weak auras string for Sha corruption dot

Code:
duJXbaGEeP2fcyBiOMjc0CrQMTu5MuQCBLStkzVKDRQ9lQ8tLYWqHFdzOisgSOQHJuoiIWXKslejzPiuTyevlhQhkkEkyzOONlYerctvOjRW0LCrekxfj1LP66O0greTzbBxu6ZOYJv00Ou(oIYiriDykgnQA8uQ6KsXTqqoTkNxQ6VkvVgj6BieRwffCcA(YXbZ0P3mrFI(9z37Co)hgC)(K)wo2Gcb3GfKeWKameSememuuqa9fCK2LftBcMiu3ar2lQey)wiK8sweIiewqhYmuuag15kkyX2vNIQuPsq)wiK8swTmyia7Ch6J90Cb3e9cE2veFCCoojRwbKDJIxw2ykivMjLPmOVm3V8VeSrDeAOGyck8XX5yff8MLNuuwTcaEtU8zqymlT6qVkbdNC2qi2tZfqusqC7ij1euWKnvO1o)nCb1T8Hkb3qqZA54KZMYLNcNC2qqaVFC8LSSXuqQmtktKcDFjGQTyCZovcmkka4n5YNbHXS0Qd9cA(YXbZ0P3mrFI(9z37Co)hgC)(K)wo2Gcb3GvjiRSAT1YqLe

I got it from the useful Immerseus HC guide from MMO-champion

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/135 ... roic-Guide..
ImageImage
Alaedon

Post by Alaedon »

OK as i have nothing to do(cause i still have flu and cold :D ) here is a tact i thought about from what i notice from last night tries... for start i will point some fact:
this fight have 2 basic phases that keep repeat .. Immerseus Phase (Phase one) and Split Phase (Phase two) where Phase one is more dps wise and survive phase(avoid stand in pools, dont get many stacks of debuffs , dps boss...etc) while Phase 2 is more nuking phase the more adds we kill or heal give Immerseus less HP back.

Phase one:
We used only 3 platforms and had many pools under or feet while the fight platforms is really big and we can make good use of the space so here what i thought we can change in the pulling and starting position

put each tank in his own platform with the tank in the midle is the pulling tank .. at start of fight the OT should not even bother dpsing or doing anything just move out of pools under his feet this will lead to have almost no damage after the cone hit the heales/dpses platforms will have enough pools so they can move to the tank platfrom that is next to them which will be clear platform so they can kill the adds reset thier debuff and healers will be near to the other tank who will be tanking the boss with the next cone hit that platform will be again almost full of pools so its time to move to the next platform with the other tank while the other tank move to the next free platform and taunt the boss... the idea is to keep moving as group with keep having free spaces to stand as those pools will not go away until we hit phase two

Tanking swaping:
as the tanks now are 2 paladins we dont have another class right now :twisted: here how i see we can swap boss and adds with more controling
at start the OT will not taunt immediately after the MT get hit by the cone (cone hit cant happen in less that 30-35 sec) he will w8 10 sec that will give MT enough time to build aggro on the adds with very less adds will go to the OT (doing nothing mean almost no aggro ) now when the OT get hit with cone he become the adds tank while the other tank move to new clear platforms and tank the boss again swaping will not happen immediately as the tank most lose all adds of him befor he take the boss here we can use more combo of (Hand of Salvation and Hand of Sacrific) as we will have one tank taning adds and boss for while about (10 secs).
politrika

Post by politrika »

I recommend this read for more extensive understanding of the fight. The tactic suggested here works, as long as we get it under control. We preffered the nuke tactic which we tried to recreate from our first visit in there. Still, this topic contains a lot of useful information.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/135 ... roic-Guide
Amazone

Post by Amazone »

politrika wrote:I recommend this read for more extensive understanding of the fight. The tactic suggested here works, as long as we get it under control. We preffered the nuke tactic which we tried to recreate from our first visit in there. Still, this topic contains a lot of useful information.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/135 ... roic-Guide
Thank you Poli!, this was the guide from my post!
ImageImage
politrika

Post by politrika »

Yes :D
Panerai

Post by Panerai »

Surgest to use the big platform at the exit! More visability of the pools so no more pools in the water we cant see. Still tanks at platform next to it.