SoO HEROIC - Immerseus

Strategies for SoO.
Panerai

Re: SoO HEROIC - Immerseus

Post by Panerai »

We can say that we progress but lets face it, with a little bit of luck we got a couple of phases more in 1 run, I dont call that progress.

What i was wandering about is that wen the tank that gets Cor.blast is the tank helping out with the stacks on the boss ( to get them of asap) and is the tank helping on the ads after that?

Also is everyone that can dispel doing it! I know i can dispel myself 1 time with a CD of 1min and doing so. But is everyone that can doing it also helping out. I thing we can have some more. If there will be more that means there will be more dps in a shorter time on the boss and that will get us into the next phase quicker and not hit the enrage timer. This brings me to another point, is everyone doing direct spell damage to the boss to gain stacks? If we do then that means we will loss the ads also quicker and we have free burst damage on the boss to get him down without gaining any stacks, and without him getting a new stack.
I mean if everyone , that is 10 players taking 3/4 stacks thats 30/40 stacks from the boss within 5/6 sec with a GCD of 1.5 seconds. To helpout the tanks ( you see Tanks ..two of them) we can put 2 of the best aoe on the ads to help them out. I prevure ranged. The rest of the stacks from the boss will be taken by the tanks ( because they can multi dps everything) and melee/ healers.

Another thing is, we need to kill/heal the ads in the intermision as much as we can so we need to spread out around the boss. This needs to be organished before we start to fight.

Just some thoughts i have about the fight. We have good players and i dont think we need to wipe this many times on this boss.

Like to see/read what your thoughts are!
politrika

Post by politrika »

The first change I would make is use 2 healers instead of 3. Erian had 49ish % overhealing, I had 50ish% and Temp 30ish%. That is a lot of overhealing. The more ads we kill during the intermission, the less damage we will take at the end of the intermission, can somebody double check if that info is accurate?

And Pan, I disagree. We did have considerable progress. Staying alive until 30 secs to the Berserk timer is a pretty good achievement if you ask me. We just didn't have enough dps, in my honest opinion.
Erian
Raid Leader

Post by Erian »

Also is everyone that can dispel doing it!
This is a misunderstanding. I can see when someone has the debuff. Poli is dispelling these very fast. Occasionally mass dispel misses one or two and then Temp and I dispel individuals. So, nearly all the time dispelling is well controlled. However, if a dps has got too many stacks then a dispel won't save them: our fingers are not that fast and we are healing other damage (tanks, adds) too. The problem is not the dispelling. The problem is getting too many stacks, for which there is no excuse. All you have to do is not hit the boss.

My view is that the healers now know what to do on the fight, that has been true on the last raid and a half. I think the tanks also know what to do. My feeling (sorry) is that we need more precision on mechanisms from the dps.

I also think the swirl problem is not going to go away. Sometimes we will get random deaths from it, we just have to deal with that. Running out helps. Saves help.

I am sympathetic to the view that we go with 2H or 2.5H. I am told that 10-man heroic guilds mostly 2H all of heroic. However I'm nervous about my ability to heal that much and dispel with all that movement.
Start every day off with a smile and get it over with.
Templaar
GM [Retired]

Post by Templaar »

Erian wrote: I am sympathetic to the view that we go with 2H or 2.5H. I am told that 10-man heroic guilds mostly 2H all of heroic. However I'm nervous about my ability to heal that much and dispel with all that movement.
And with 2-2.5H, your healers won't have the free GCD's to be spamming DPS with dispels to rid them of excess stacks. More control will be needed.
Alaedon

Post by Alaedon »

What i was wandering about is that wen the tank that gets Cor.blast is the tank helping out with the stacks on the boss ( to get them of asap) and is the tank helping on the ads after that?
the tank that get Cor.blast which was me cant help on taking stack off boss as i have to save healers and dpses from the adds and untill the other tank get Cor.blast there is no chance for me to hit the boss ... now the other tank that is tanking the boss cant take high stacks too as adds start to like him/her more so dont w8 a help from tank to get hight stacks we have our own problem to survive.
politrika

Post by politrika »

2 H is more than doable. We had HUGE overheal. We deff don't need 2.5 H.
Panerai

Post by Panerai »

I guess that some are still playing on normal mode in heroic then. Killing a Boss in Heroic ask a bit more then reliyng someone else to do the job. Multitasking is needed on Immerseus, so who can need to take stacks and who can need to dispel. ( to many times i had to wait till my stacks was of ).

- Surgest to take the ads close to the boss again so melee are on the spot to help out and tanks are not to far to go to there spot again to take Cor.Blast. If we work on that next time we can work on the healers to do some extra tasks on the run after that.
I see no way we will kill him staying on this old strat that we sud call explore stat.
Alaedon

Post by Alaedon »

Panerai wrote:Surgest to take the ads close to the boss again so melee are on the spot to help out and tanks are not to far to go to there spot again to take Cor.Blast.
the problem is the adds run to healers and ranges tanks dont have aoe taunting we need to run and over aggro the adds with our aoe skills and hit
but dont forget 1st there is one tank at the boss all the time so Cor.Blast isnt an issue and 2nd the tank swaping is about every 30-35 sec so untill we run to the adds and get them we need to run to the boss and taunt it.
politrika

Post by politrika »

Pan, don't be so grim, we had good progress. Let's be a little more optimistic. Yes, I agree healers should run around the room, but you are forgetting how rarely we got to that part. The first intermission there are like 4-5 blobs total to heal, 2-3 of them near our stack platform so there was no need to run in those tries really. And excuse me for being blunt, how many times did we see more than one intermission? I think I could count that with the fingers of one palm. I am not blaming dps, but we could do with more dps. That's why I think that with 2 H + 6 D we'll be far better off.

And tanking the blobs near the boss really will be viable if we bring 6 D instead of 5, cause that means boss will go down WAY quicker (proven fact when I went dps, and I'm only half a dps). But until we do, the melee area will be swarmed by black blobs, and I don't need to remind you how bad those hurt ;)
Sérum

Post by Sérum »

I do think we did progress last time, but I also think there is still a lot to be improved.

I think switching between boss and ads need to be faster, I can´t say for sure how fast everyone is doing this switch but i feel that people should switch back to boss the moment after their stacks drop off. We do ofcourse need dps on ads too so I would suggest 1 or 2 dps kind of fulltime on ads, If we are melee heavy oneof them or the one should be melee, I for one have a quite strong aoe ability that isn´t tied to a CD, and i believe warriors have nice aoe too of the melee.
The ranged ofc swap to ads every time they have 3 stacks so they would always provide help on ads, melee with not so good aoe should not even go on ads unless they are close.
In other words we need to be more efficient with dps, getting more dps on boss and still about same on ads as we have now.

We should also go with only 2 healers or maby the 2.5 healers if we struggle with healing, which i don´t think we should and if we do then it´s probably not the healers fault anyway.

In phase 2 we need stronger definition and split the area into 5 or 6 areas for each dps with tanks helping where they can, I think we really need to kill ALL blobs especially with 2 healers. The fast dps on the other side of the room.
I´m not sure why dps on the far-side had problems surviving while running back to the starting spot last time, maby getting too close to the middle area where the black "void zone" will be for a short while wich is soked by tanks? Speed abilitys should allways be used when running back, there is time to spread without speed when the Split is happening.

Maby all this is clear allready, but i just wanted to share my thoughts on the fight :)