politrika

Re: SoO HEROIC - Immerseus

Post by politrika »

Nicely put Serum, good ideas! Thanks :)
Templaar
GM [Retired]

Post by Templaar »

Just found these helpful tips on Immerseus (and the next two), its from a holy paladin perspective but has good general advice.

http://paladiner.wordpress.com/2013/11/ ... immerseus/

Highlights:
  • They're did it with 3H - "The only reason to use 3 healers on this fight is to deal with the split phases and the fact that the DPS requirement of this boss is very low. For healers the fight essentially progresses from a heal your fellow raid members to heal the puddles fight." (Note that if this is a "very low" DPS requirement and we're hitting enrage, then we have problems).
  • Dispelling of the stacks
  • Same positioning as us
  • Run the hell out of swirl
  • Really no more than 3-4 stacks. Ever.
  • Healers really need to be healing multiple blobs, so need to circle the boss in P2. Note to self: Lay on Hands.
Common Reasons for Wipes and Solutions
  • Swirl is instakilling people -> either be prepared with a damage reduction or avoid it by outranging it
  • Adds are overwhelming the raid -> don’t go all out on the boss, coordinate damage from adds to boss or designate adds as first priority as soon as they are out
  • First phase damage is insane -> it will be you’ll just have to deal with it, use your healing cooldowns during Immerseus’ active phase towards the beginning of the fight, don’t stand in the puddles
  • Split phase damage is insane because too many puddles are reaching him -> coordinate your raid’s positioning and your healer cooldowns, yes you will need to use them on puddles
  • People are getting gimped when Immerseus is pulling the puddles to him before he splits -> GTFO out of the middle of the puddles before split
Meilir

Post by Meilir »

Might just as well be my first time writing in this part of the forum, but here goes:

1. I think I know what Serum means and I would like to explain this (as those deaths last time have been mine). You need your mobility skills to get there in time, unless the boss goes down during the swirl. Sometimes you have to use your mobility to get that one add more. Also, very random with how the blobs are spaced out, sometimes I get several of them in range of one BS and sometimes they are just all over the place. I can either ignore an ad or two, or die in there. Also, if I had to use my leap to get out of the whirl before, then I'm pretty much screwed. This is of course all manageable, but it will take practice.

2. Low DPS requirements? It is very relative, mostly on how many times we get the ads. Pushing the boss seems right if we can use the swirl to down the ads.

3. As for personal survivability during phase 1... we just need to practice a bit more.

One thing that seems to pop up in my head a lot is using the swirl ability to our benefit. If we push him down to 0 hp during the swirl, we have it's entire duration to finish off the ads, get in place etc.
Rublupine

Post by Rublupine »

No idea what others think from tonight, but I felt very squishy. And I shouldn't. I made changes to be less squishy.

I added a bunch of stamina gems in! I switched talent for Temporal Shield (reduced damage and heal), I played with Mage Ward rather tan Ring of Power for the additional Shield. I even took Greater invis for some 'Oh Crap' saves (though I wanted it for the transitions so I could run back from the back more safely too).

To be clear, these are all survivability things and none of them are things I did n the kill nights.

Now, I know that I had some crap connectivity, so frankly some deaths were stupid. I died to the puddles more times tonight than I think I have collectively...

One thing, I felt that when I was taking damage it was hurting more and I was staying damaged longer than I should of. Possibly, just my wacked perspective from this evening. Just odd that it felt so much more noticable when I was taking more actions to address it?

Other war stories?
Tsumecho

Post by Tsumecho »

Double Corrosives within the space of a few seconds, once that I know of but I feel like there's a chance it happens more than that. Not sure if things are bugged due to them doing stuff for WoD or we just had bad luck. At times, yes, we were plain sloppy but ye...
Meow.

Tsumecho

Post by Tsumecho »

Ok, so following a log review, here are my findings:

Far too many people getting 5 or more stacks of Sha Corruption, myself included. Over 5 stacks starts pushing to suicide. This is a control fight, not a dps race, it should be treated as such.

Unless the log is somehow wrong or I am misunderstanding something, there was more than one cast of Corrosive Blast within a few seconds, at least that's what the log does show. Perhaps it has something to do with changes aggro targets too fast or maybe Alae and I are out of range, I don't know. Next time we'll taunt after a couple of seconds to be safe.

On a positive note, it was nice to see really good pot usage from everyone, thanks for that.
Meow.

Tsumecho

Post by Tsumecho »

Also, even though this has been linked twice before http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/135 ... roic-Guide, I think this something we should have a look at trying, we seem to struggle with too many puddles, and maybe moving will slow things down a bit.
Meow.

Giruy

Post by Giruy »

Stacks = 3, period.

My start:

1. All out dps on the boss.
2. Transition phase, I stop attacking the boss once I have 3 stacks.
3. I MD adds and give the tanks a few seconds to group initial wave.
4. AoE adds.
5. On Boss until stacks = 3
6. Repeat 5+6

Better players can pay attention to their debuff, and transition between the boss and adds quicker. This is important as it clears the boss stacks faster meaning more dps where you don't get the debuff.

I have a great big TMW icon specifically set up for this debuff.

DPS have it really easy on this fight, mastering the above mechanics should and is relatively simple.
Maths problem of the day:
If George is 73 and his girlfriend is 26,
How much money does George have?
Amazone

Post by Amazone »

The reason we couldn't do it was because we could not reproduce what we had done before, there was a lot of time in between the tries, that did not help.
I have not seen my debuff above 3 I stop at 2 or even, before when the adds come. (and most end up with 2 or 3 stacks)
I use my md and fd cooldowns on the adds.

Even after I switch I get extra charges of he debuff , and I on purpose play BM spec because its easier with debuffs
(with SV I went kamikaze as my debuff did not show immediately, but was already counting)

We have tried the guide tactic before of course because it is so long I don't mind going back to it.
We made the green<->blue tactic to make movement more simple, give and take there are no problems with corrosive blast (and watching the purple marker)
But obviously corrosive blast, the debuff ad puddles, the swirl all of it, took a player 1 or 2 down and the system that went with it.

The groupsetup was very good but I am interested about the 2 or 3 healers discussion ( we did it with 2 before )
ImageImage
Tsumecho

Post by Tsumecho »

Sorry the delay, but here's a video of the first kill I was present for. Excuse the shoddy tanking and horribad framerate. Also, if the officers have no objections I'll create a thread in the Raiding forum for the decent kills I have from Garry and heroic bosses?

Meow.