SoO HEROIC - General Nazgim

Strategies for SoO.
Mahmoud

Re: SoO HEROIC - General Nazgim

Post by Mahmoud »

Tan wrote: We had 1Rdps (Spiderman Dija) with no interrupt duty, who dpsd down everything in order.
I trusted you ! :o
Soraya

Post by Soraya »

Tan wrote:Also, 1,5H :)
I will try harder to be a whole one next time! :lol:

Actually, healing was ok (easier methinks for absorb classes since they are preventing rather than curing) but it was those BOOM moments that happened after 50% that hurt...a lot of playing catch up with large amounts of incoming damage. Cool raid though :)
Erian
Raid Leader

Post by Erian »

1.5H was better than 2H. With 1.5H we still had about 50% overheal, so there is some slack there. With 2H there is a lot of overheal and it didn't seem to give a lot more flexibility for heal emergencies. The difficulties we had were when we got consecutive close war songs (which should not happen) and when we had a war song with people already low because of bonecrusher. Otherwise I think this is just practise by all of us.
Start every day off with a smile and get it over with.
Giruy

Post by Giruy »

Tan wrote:We got him till 46% but we seem stuck there every time.

Assigned people to their specific target with stunning, interrupting etc. This helped... again... till the 50% benchmark:

Banner: Dija
Shaman: Mum
Hunter: Kirby
Mage: Carnac
Rogue: Amazone + Pan
Warrior: tanks

We had 1Rdps (Spiderman Dija) with no interrupt duty, who dpsd down everything in order.

Also, 1,5H :)
Don't assign anyone to the rogue its a waste of dps that could be used on more important adds, targeted person just kites and gets the bejebus healed out of them. Burn down the rogue when its the only add left.
Maths problem of the day:
If George is 73 and his girlfriend is 26,
How much money does George have?
Amazone

Post by Amazone »

G, without taking care of asssasin (ok we do not need 2 ppls on it)
Dija and me were mostly targeted and killed, being the only ranged dps this time so if no action taken (assassin seems to sprint and kill at start on hc)
I know you have done this many times already, but we had 2 ranged so either me or Dija was the target, I changed my 1tier talent to narrow escape which seemed to work great. all though we are not in hurry to kill assassin it seemed to work.
So only when no assassin up I helped burning adds down like Dija (except for the countershots oc)
ImageImage
Giruy

Post by Giruy »

Amazone wrote:G, without taking care of asssasin (ok we do not need 2 ppls on it)
Dija and me were mostly targeted and killed, being the only ranged dps this time so if no action taken (assassin seems to sprint and kill at start on hc)
I know you have done this many times already, but we had 2 ranged so either me or Dija was the target, I changed my 1tier talent to narrow escape which seemed to work great. all though we are not in hurry to kill assassin it seemed to work.
So only when no assassin up I helped burning adds down like Dija (except for the countershots oc)
You have Binding Shot and Concussive Shot to keep the assassin off you, just kite him, as long as you don't turn your back to him you shouldn't get 1 shot, deterrence to mitigate damage just in-case.

Don't be afraid to change key-binds to make it easier, heroic fights mean I'm continually changing for each fight.
Maths problem of the day:
If George is 73 and his girlfriend is 26,
How much money does George have?
Amazone

Post by Amazone »

already doing that, G
only assassin sometimes surprises :P
I noticed we got less and less surprised though :)
ImageImage
Soraya

Post by Soraya »

http://healiocentric.wordpress.com/2013 ... l-nazgrim/

So you think you can heal Nazgrim? Interesting, quite a few tips for pallies and priests, less for non absorb classes...the only advice given to shaman was

Image Earthgrab Totem and Capacitor Totem are great for dealing with the Kor’kron Assassins on your raid members. Consider Totemic Projection.

Yay! I did at least that much! :D
Tsumecho

Post by Tsumecho »

*This post is purely intended to give an overview of things I feel we can fix and not as a shaming post, if people wish to see how many times they were hit by certain things, or their deaths were affected by mechanics, they can check the logs, or if they wish, send me a PM here and I can put something together for you to review.*

Sat down and deconstructed last night's logs and made the following findings:

First, staring at them and working out Expressions gives you a serious headache.

Secondly, here is a breakdown of the mechanics I believe contributed the most to wipes, after listing numbers, I will follow up after it all to sum up my thoughts.
  1. War Song
    • 15 casts, of which we had multiple casts in 4 fights
    • 4 instakills, with another 14 deaths that followed shortly after it
  2. Aftershock
    • 39 Hits
    • 16 of those hits either killed or led to deaths shortly after
  3. Assassin Backstab, this is here purely for interest sake as I understand it can be difficult to avoid this
    • Only 10 hits BUT
    • 5 kills, that's a rate of 50% which is pretty gnarly
    • Basically as G pointed out earlier in the thread, you shouldn't be turning your back on the assassin if possible
Now following that, first, After Shock is totally avoidable, 39 hits isn't all that much across 15 attempts, but the fact that it directly caused or influenced player death makes it something that needs fixing, and it plays into the next comment.

I am firmly of the belief, that to a degree Nazgrim's rage generation can be controlled to avoid Warsong's entirely, the proof? Our 4 best attempts, shown below, indicate the length of the attempt and the number of Warsong casts:
  • Attempt 5 - 4:06 - Number of Casts = 0
  • Attempt 6 - 3:57 - Number of Casts = 0
  • Attempt 14 - 3:46 - Number of Casts = 0
  • Attempt 15 - 7:04 - Number of Casts = 0
There are 2 other attempts of 3:40 and 4:06 minute range but those have 3 and 2 casts consecutively. Basically, what I'm trying to show is that his rage is manageable to a degree and definitely helps us. Aftershock avoidance and banners are of high import, there were a couple times that banners were up for a really long time last night, in Berserker stance these can be detrimental due to the double rage gen.

That's all for now, hope the above helps in some way.

*Edit - Aftershock tooltip shows the incorrect damage as I could only link from wowhead and not wowdb, it's 700k in 10 man heroic.
Meow.

Soraya

Post by Soraya »

Here are some of my observations re damage I took last night that caused death:

[21:27:39.389] Kor'kron Arcweaver Arcane Shock Soraya 314752
[21:27:43.238] Kor'kron Arcweaver Arcane Shock Soraya 415728 (A: 18426)
[21:27:47.720] Kor'kron Arcweaver Arcane Shock Soraya 393274 (O: 140560, A: 7997)
[21:27:47.736] Soraya dies

The Arcweaver killed me with 3 casts in 8 seconds.

[21:35:03.027] Kor'kron Sniper Shoot Soraya 250020 (A: 20295)
[21:35:13.725] Kor'kron Sniper Shoot Soraya 268848
[21:35:16.199] Kor'kron Sniper Shoot Soraya 263116
[21:35:18.585] Kor'kron Sniper Multi-Shot Soraya 205718
[21:35:20.775] Kor'kron Sniper Shoot Soraya 251637 (O: 20745)
[21:35:21.018] Soraya dies

The Sniper killed me with 5 casts in 17 seconds, though the shots get closer together - over 700K in 4 seconds - that would take both healers to keep me up.

Oh, and re Bonecracker:
Hand of Protection will not remove Bonecracker, but it will prevent its damage whilst it’s active. Hand of Purity would reduce its damage by 40%, but HoProt has other uses in this fight, so Clemency is the better Talent.
from http://healiocentric.wordpress.com/2013 ... l-nazgrim/

I took the third highest damage after tanks last night, 53% of my total damage taken was to Bonecracker. Only Amazone took a higher % of her overall damage to Bonecracker (59.8% of total damage taken) though her overall damage taken from this debuff was 42M and mine was 50M

These are just examples, I commonly died to